Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
hello just wanting to know any good laptops for online poker within the £500-1000 range.

Technically you dont necessarily need "good" laptop for that specially as cheap crap ones are also suitable for playing poker and these dont even cost twice (or triple) as much as you mentioned ^ ...

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hello just wanting to know any good laptops for online poker within the £500-1000 range.
I have a DELL INSPIRON 5491 2in1 14" FHD TOUCH i7-10510U that I use for online poker when I travel and it works great for me. I see someone on ebay selling "open box" with 90 day warranty for $629.64.
Amazon has the Inspiron 14 5000 series for $989 New or $599 "used good condition" or $617.05 "used like new."
Mine has a dual power fingerprint reader "power button" some only have power button no fingerprint reader.

I bought mine as a "for parts or repair sale" on ebay for $250 because it was in perfect shape and I knew from the description it was an easy bios flash to fix and I was correct so I got a great deal. I have been using mine for months with no issues playing at all. It has 2 ram slots so you can upgrade/add more ram if you want. It comes with an Nvme SSD and has a space for a sata SSD if you have one or buy one for extra storage. I like that it has options like that... many laptops don't have the ability to upgrade ram or have multiple storage options.

EDIT: All my references to ebay and Amazon are the USA versions of the sites.

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker platforms/clients are generally pretty lightweight so you don't need a powerful machine to run them.

More important is the strength of your internet connection.

We have quite a few tech-minded members here so I'm sure you'll get further good suggestions & feedback like the response above. :icon_thum :smile:

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to buy ASUS, DELL, LENOVO, SAMSUNG, MSI laptops, you can take any of them, the main thing is that it has at least 8GB of RAM with the possibility of increasing, a minimum 4-core processor, a video card for poker is not important, a 17-inch screen so that 4 poker tables can be comfortably seen on it.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any laptop from the last ten years that can comfortably run a web browser and Word will run a poker client just fine. They do not require a lot of processing power or memory. What you need to be concerned about is a reliable internet connection. Frequent disconnects will ruin your day.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got a HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 and I haven't had any problems with it especially I haven't had any freezing with it everything has been running smoothly.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can find some cheaper than that range which is very good for poker
Usually poker sites does not require too many resources

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have a cheap one and it works fine.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
I agree with the authors' reports above that you don't need a powerful laptop.
In fact, an elementary office-type laptop (that is, which is designed to work with text documents, print texts, send by mail, create presentations) It is suitable for playing poker, as poker clients do not require special additional software.
You don't need a laptop with a powerful gaming and video card. But you should think about how else you plan to use it to choose the optimal model.:)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Normally I would also agree with the others that you don't need a particularly powerful computer. I have a laptop that is probably 10 years old and have been playing poker with it for a few years. But when everything was switched to aurora graphics on pokerstars, I had extreme problems playing poker and was constantly being kicked out of the game. I had some consultation with the support and they told me that I probably need a different graphics card. I even wanted to buy another laptop even though I thought the fault lay with PokerStars. But now it feels like a year later I can play poker normally again on pokerstars and I didn't get a new laptop. But I believe that a good graphics card makes sense if you get a pc/laptop to play poker. But other hand to get one just because of poker? See what else you plan to do with the pc/laptop and then decide which ones you want to buy

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a HP (Intel i3) that I bought new last year. Paid $400 dollars at Staples. It works great, Play 3 or 4 tables at once at different poker sites. So as someone said, you don't have to pay a ton.

Last edited:
natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have been using a laptop for about 12 years now. I currently have a lenova ideapad which is perfect for every site I use. This one was under $400 a year ago.

My only problem is, if I'm playing on several tables and watching Twitch, I will have a lag and occasionally get booted off a table

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im going to need to buy another laptop soon---my battery lasts for about a minute if it isn't plugged in--I wonder if the new windows 11 I think it is, works good for poker

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im going to need to buy another laptop soon---my battery lasts for about a minute if it isn't plugged in--I wonder if the new windows 11 I think it is, works good for poker

I had that happen with my old laptop several years ago. Check on the cost of another battery if you're happy with the unit. I ordered another battery for mine and it worked like new. Think I got it off Ebay.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it’s better to buy a gaming one, but if you can’t afford it now, that is, an Asus laptop with 8GB of RAM with an i5 video card, they don’t really have it, but it’s suitable for poker. I used to play from such a laptop, but the truth was that there were only 4 RAMs, but it was possible to play.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You need a new battery not a new computer - unless you really want one.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, the question was answered. But I can add a small example: A good cook can cook well even with bad equipment.
If your budget is not high, you can even play with smartphones. But since you explicitly ask for a laptop, I would also suggest, like the previous answers, to simply decide depending on your budget.
Any computer on the market is capable of running poker software without any problems. You'll also need a good Internet connection, of course, because if the connection is constantly interrupted, even a strong computer can't do anything against it.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need a new battery not a new computer - unless you really want one.

I don't think he is very familiar with computers. It will surely not be easy for him to identify and install the right battery.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You don't need a very cool laptop to play poker. Enough even the simplest office laptop for a couple of hundred euros.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker applications don't require high resources so we don't need a very powerful laptop to play poker. However, I prefer a big screen laptop, it helps us play many tables at the same time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I had that happen with my old laptop several years ago. Check on the cost of another battery if you're happy with the unit. I ordered another battery for mine and it worked like new. Think I got it off Ebay.
I have an old Dell laptop with 2 batteries. The batteries still work great, but the laptop seemed to get really old/slow really fast.

On the other hand I have a 10 year old Apple that is pretty much as quick as it was the day I bought it.

As others have said though, poker Apps don’t require a lot of computing power.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
My laptop cost $300 , if I could turn back time , I would have bought another with $500 or $600 . It was from Plasio , which has many stores in greece , this is a laptop of their trademark , it has problems . I will buy a laptop from a well known manufacturer next time ...

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanx for the input in this thread. I've been looking around for some good advice on this subject. Kudos!

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play with the idea of buying a stronger laptop than my Lenovo Ideapad (Win 10), because Stars is more and more demanding. Even if I reduce some features, it is hard to play 4 or more tables, not to mention other rooms at the same time. ACR also seems to be eating ressources...