Cheat Software

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys think it exists and is being used?

I may sound paranoid, but I was playing in an MTT the other day and happened to notice this guy make an extrememly strange play. Out of position he bet into a raised pot with what turned out to be 42 off. Normally i'd put it down to your box standard online crazy raiser, but when the flop came down 448 I began to wonder how inspired his reraise really was. So, I started to watch and the same player made a few curious plays, but every time he did so he connected with the flop, well.

So I did a bit of digging and found a few software applications available for purchase which claimed to be able to amongst other things:

See [2] Opponents Pocket Cards
View [3] Community Cards Pre-Flop
View Dominant Suit Pre-Flop

And that was another thing I noticed, the hands he did lose, he lost on turn or river cards, or a comibination of both. Which seems to fit with the limitations of the software.

Anyway, the reason I post this is in the hope that someone can put my mind at rest, as this guy really got me thinking.

W

workingdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ONLINE-- Ive seen the advertisement to see opponent's hole cards....they just use that to interest you. Once you check into it (I was bored one night), you need all kinds of information from someone else's pc to see their hole cards (ip address, etc). So it's not a magic program that just shows everyone at the table. Then they tried to push an odds calculator and 'bot' after you're disappointed that you can't see everyone's cards.

BUT-- I'm sure we ALL wonder if some underground guy or team has developed something. I know if they do, they won't be selling it.

GL-- workingdog

W

workingdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
question---

With Random Number Generators being used, once the hand is dealt are the community cards then established and just not shown, or do they get turned off a virtual deck after each round of betting?

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YEh i've wondered that too. For example, if last to act takes a second longer to call, does that affect the next community card? :D

I'm beginning to develop superstitions y'see. ;)

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt that its possible, the poker websites won't allow this to happen, something like this makes them lose their credibility with their players. They usually have great security and everything to be free of this. What you encountered is more likely just a donk who was on a sick run of cards.

W

workingdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has seen some crazy stuff online, that seems like that MUST somehow be cheating because they hit.

Then again, I've played against people and watched them lose so much money on absolutley rediculous hands. I told my buddy that it must be a mad wife logged on and losing all her husband's money on purpose, lol.

Also remember you're seeing 100+ hands an hour, so the odds for seeing a specific crazy hand go up.

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if youre just seeing one crazy guy hit hand after hand after hand... how many people here can say theyve never hit a sick run of cards? I mean, making a donk play like raising with 4 2 off out of position is always going to be a bad play, but that doesn't mean it won't pay off occasionally. Hitting that hand shows how lucky the guy is, not necessairily that he is cheating. Eventually a play like that will even out and turn out negative, but if it happens to you all you can do is write a note that the opponent is a moron and go on playing your game.

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's another thing i'm curious about, how does everyone else make notes on other players?

Normally i'll just write down hand after hand in the note box if I see them do something I feel is noteworthy. For example, limped in late position with rockets, slow played it to the river sort of thing. Is that the way to go? Rather than observe play for a bit and then make a blanket statement about an opponent's style?

The reason I do it this way is to try and build a large enough dataset against each player, as to account for days when maybe he's just loose, or particularly tight, or even on tilt.

The only problem with it is having to read through more notes than I would do if I simply input 'moron'.

Any advice?

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't write notes per hand, I usually like to make notes by patterns I see in players over a longer time than just one hand. One hand is just one hand, but if you see a pattern then its something you can take advantage of in the future when you see the player again.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the one Chuckts uses!

Notice anything out of place? Neither did I at first. But again, I used my imaging software to get a close up and guess what I see?
cheater2.jpg

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Random Number Generators being used, once the hand is dealt are the community cards then established and just not shown, or do they get turned off a virtual deck after each round of betting?

At the bottom of the sites home page is usually a bunch of icons. One of them tells about their shuffling program. I have seen where the hand is established before the cards are delt and I've seen where each card is generated after betting.

As for security online poker sites are subject to standards that are even stricter than the Nevada Gaming Laws. Enforcement might be tough but I'm sure the popular sites are secure. One of those icons should link to what agency oversee's security as well.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone has to Cheat they shouldnt be playing, and they cant be a good player,, if i cant win on my own, then thats my problem, but to cheat> thats the Lowest Scum on the earth, buck

W

workingdog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that online poker sites are making WAY too much money to jeopardize it for some cheating. I just laugh when I hear people say "only on this site". Remember, the site doesn't care who wins, a long as the table stays playing. If they did anything to upset players, they would risk losing them.

I have to remind myself that the fish that got me today payed me off the other 10 times I played someone like him.

They gotta win once in a while otherwise they won't play anymore. I read a good article in Cardplayer about abuse.. why knock their play? They are our bread and butter.

Workingdog

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree... Without fish like them making these calls sustaining a bankroll can become much more difficult.

mbutler007

mbutler007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that online poker sites are making WAY too much money to jeopardize it for some cheating. I just laugh when I hear people say "only on this site". Remember, the site doesn't care who wins, a long as the table stays playing. If they did anything to upset players, they would risk losing them.

I have to remind myself that the fish that got me today payed me off the other 10 times I played someone like him.

They gotta win once in a while otherwise they won't play anymore. I read a good article in Cardplayer about abuse.. why knock their play? They are our bread and butter.

Workingdog

Agreed on the "only on this site" thing. I play or have played at so many different sites, and its always "Only at bodog", "Another Party Suckout", etc. People just dont realize that 72 offsuit is going to beat Pocket Aces 11 or 12 percent of the time. Just the nature of the game. As Helmuth said, "If it wasnt for luck, I'd win every hand."

arkeymedus

arkeymedus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
see other players holecards Bollocks, you will see this statement a lot if you are looking for cheating software.The people selling this software are just playing on your greed and i imagine they must make a tidy profit from all the SUCKERS that buy it from them...

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow... didn't take long for an advertisement to popup...

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone really could make this software why would they sell it? It would be much more profitable to use it themselves and make themselves a huge profit. Selling it would just allow sites to find out about it and stop it from working. Pokerrng is just a scam some moron made in order to take your money because he is banking on the greed of people.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone really could make this software why would they sell it? It would be much more profitable to use it themselves and make themselves a huge profit. Selling it would just allow sites to find out about it and stop it from working. Pokerrng is just a scam some moron made in order to take your money because he is banking on the greed of people.

Bingo! Why play poker when I can get a sucker to just hand me their money!:p

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"YEh i've wondered that too. For example, if last to act takes a second longer to call, does that affect the next community card? :D"

stars rng is based on mouse movements of the players at your table prior to when the hand is delt. after it is started being delt, the software already knows all of the cards.

WOODHIGHLYE

WOODHIGHLYE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lets get some one to hack one of these programs then share it with the class lol

T

The Weevel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People just dont realize that 72 offsuit is going to beat Pocket Aces 11 or 12 percent of the time. Just the nature of the game. As Helmuth said, "If it wasnt for luck, I'd win every hand."

True. There'll always be this element. Played a tourney on Titan this evening. One hand I got pocket A's and got suckered out by two pair on the river. The very next hand I got 7 4 off in the BB and checked it. The flop came 7 7 4. Sometimes you just hit these crazy cards, get lucky and smile. Sometimes someone else gets them and it's the end of the world as we know it. S**t happens!!!

W

weavergirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to scary

i dunno, my husband and i discussed it and he thinks that he is sure that its a possibility but the security of the popular sites are so strong. ... but watch out for the booty sites. who knows.....

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker sites take a rake. They have no reason to cheat.

Cheatnig doesn't exist due to the algorithms and encryption. What's important to remember is that they can be cracked yes, but due to the high amount of data encryption (128 bit i think) it would take approximately 10 million years to do so! We studied this in a forensics computing module at university.

Oh sorry, 10 million years and a super super super computer with like 10000 processors :p

So yes it can be cracked is the answer.

No it won't be though...

"Can" doesnt mean it will :D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you may believe the poker companies aren't cheating you, but surely there is collusion between individuals and people playing on multiple user names at the tables to push people around...and illegal bots that require no assistance from an actual person during play.