WTF is going on at MERGE?

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a frequent Merge player....

Well they slashed tournament guarantees yet again...That makes what a fourth or more consecutive week?

The Sunday $11 $15k is down to $10k.
The Sunday $215 $50k was CUT IN HALF...to $25k.
The $60 $25k which was originally $40k, is now down to $20k.
The $22 $6k was cut by 1/3 to $4k.
Of the two $109 $15k's that ran last week, one's guarantee was cut to $10k and the other guarantee was cut completely.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
On hold as of when?
I put in for a WD on BCP on Nov.1st (& on Carbon the same day). Both were cancelled but only BCP actually informed me of it.
On Nov.13th I attempted a WD on both sites again. BCP went through promptly but Carbon had removed 'Skrill' as a WD option for me.I wrote to Carbon but did not receive a response until today. I had asked them why the 'Skrill' option is not available to me & to please add it to my account.
Here is their response (10 days later!):
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately the withdrawals options are added automatically by the system and it will depend of your location, your deposits, your wagers, etc. We do not add options for withdrawal to the customers’ accounts. Right now the option for withdrawal on your account is CHECK/GIFT CARD, and the time frame is for 6-8 weeks.
The Skrill option that you have in your account is for deposit, you can login on your account and click on deposits tab, you will see the Skrill option.

No mention of why Skrill is no longer a withdrawl option for me???

I sent Carbon a lengthy email in response to their reply, going into details regarding my previous deposits using skrill & previous withdrawls also (along with my most recent failed one.. w/o them even giving me notice about it).
And I asked them again, "why is Skrill no longer listed as a withdrawl option on my account?"

They sent me back the EXACT same email as the one above (but from a different support worker). Which has me believing they're not even reading my emails & are just sending me the generic response email.
Not impressed. Completely losing my confidence with Carbon.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
On hold as of when?
I put in for a WD on BCP on Nov.1st (& on Carbon the same day). Both were cancelled but only BCP actually informed me of it.
On Nov.13th I attempted a WD on both sites again. BCP went through promptly but Carbon had removed 'Skrill' as a WD option for me.I wrote to Carbon but did not receive a response until today.
This is INCORRECT!! I thought my BCP withdrawl went through but it hasn't. It is now 'pending' for 12days!!!
(I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this post... probably mostly about Carbon. I had ALOT of transactions (WD/DEP) in the past few wks. (28 in total) & actually thought I'd received the one from BCP.... but I HAVE NOT!)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Po all pay outs from BCP had to be cancelled, a BCP rep did not say why.
From link DJ posted, post 46.
Hi everyone,

We apologize for our silence but at this stage there is nothing to report. If or when any agreement is reached we will make an announcement here. Whatever happens, security of our players' balances is and has always been our top priority. We also apologize for the current situation wrt withdrawals - we are working hard to have this resolved very soon.

I won't be responding in relation to this or any rumors again until such time as we can make an official announcement.

Thanks for your understanding.

This is INCORRECT!! I thought my BCP withdrawl went through but it hasn't. It is now 'pending' for 12days!!!
(I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this post... probably mostly about Carbon. I had ALOT of transactions (WD/DEP) in the past few wks. (28 in total) & actually thought I'd received the one from BCP.... but I HAVE NOT!)

fozziethebear

fozziethebear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, PR, Guam, Virgin Islands etc are commonwealths, heck only reason I know this is friend from Guam plays on skillbet. Black Friday has taught me some trivia :)

Regarding Merge, it has been off lately.

Last edited:
S

Sherlock77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
where are all the US players who are use to play omaha hilo (limit) and 7 stud (both high and hi/lo) who used to play at STARS and FTP.
In Merge not too much action (for sure no 24/7 )...

fozziethebear

fozziethebear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where are all the US players who are use to play omaha hilo (limit) and 7 stud (both high and hi/lo) who used to play at STARS and FTP.

Does not exist anymore. I'm sure the traffic from US players is way down. I only know a handful of people in my real life circle that still play.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn them, they took my $3.30 PLO8 MTT at 0030 off the schedule. The only MTT I can win and Final Table lately :(

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I am there every day looking for all 3 of the games you mention. I will only play at 8 or 9 per table, prefer 1 2 limit, will play down to 25cent 50 cent if that is all that is available. I have not noticed a name of sherlock, what is your merge name? It is almost noon cst and I am ready to load up carbon for the day and check the games.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regarding the rumored move of BCP to WPN;

Most of ACR's action has been NLHE ring. Tourney's fill slow, as do SnG's. For WPN, a BCP move would be a major score, for Merge, it would be a serious blow.
Many BCP players are Limit and Tourney players, like me.

WPN, would have to realize that during the first few days of such a thing happening, many many BCP players would begin withdrawing lots of money, and I mean lots. For the move to even happen, the Merge Cashier would have to release all BCP funds to BCP in one lump sum, else WPN could end up being on the hook. So while that rumor is enticing, it would be in Merges better interest to fix whatever problems exist and keep BCP, and this needs to happen very very soon.

Edit add....and this https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-news-events-63/finally-bcp-news-216568-new/

This is the worst news for Merge. There is a lot of money at BCP, and with BCP out of Max3, they be hurting....

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be willing to bet that whatever change is going to take place - the decisions have already been made and there is no going back at this point.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be willing to bet that whatever change is going to take place - the decisions have already been made and there is no going back at this point.

Sadly true.

Merge could throw a huge wrench in the shenanigans by offering, tomorrow, cross skin P2P xfers of any amount. So I could xfer myself my own damn money. But since I haven't run across this idea anywhere, I doubt it would happen ........Wishful thinking tho. I only would do that because of some reports of very very fast withdrawals on the new cashier at Carbon.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BCP leaving is no big deal. Anyone who wants to play Merge will take the 2 seconds to open account at Carbon, etc and likely many will do just that. Merge is better off by getting rid of all the skins that were trying to eat each other by offering larger and better rakeback, volume deals to players and stealing each others business. After all the fallout, Merge will likely be in a better position. All the different crap skins did not offer anything better for the player. Except to makes deals behind the others back if you could do so.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yea, moving to WPN sounds like BCP's announcement.I already have Bookmaker, BetDSI, TruePoker and ACR accounts from that network.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From a frequent Merge player....

Well they slashed tournament guarantees yet again...That makes what a fourth or more consecutive week?

The Sunday $11 $15k is down to $10k.

I thought I was going nuts. I have this in my list of tourneys to enter if I am free, and I could not find the $15K for the life of me.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
MERGE IS A POS NETWORK PERIOD

Bonghead

Bonghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow.. log into BCP today and seems they left to go to ACR. Seems merge is falling apart fast.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BCP is now gone from Merge. Number of players at MERGE is down, but not as much as I expected, and is above the number of players showing in the BCP/WPN lobby.

Things should settle down now at Merge, they still have some problems with many of the remaining skins, but their biggest headache is gone.

For BCP the huge problem will be game selection, and keeping their player pool.

Merge still has its game selection, which will beat the WPN game selection for some time to come. This is a huge + for Merge. And a huge - for WPN.