What's your view of Paradise?

Atticus01

Atticus01

Paradise Freeroll #4 Winner
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Paradise Poker....i love the site and how it runs.......i never see as many bad beats on there as i do say for instance...pokerstars....paradise is the grandma of onlinepoker.....and everyone loves there grandma

N

newjerseykid99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
paridise is a great site nice people and great tournies 2 bad things are

1.bad graphics
2.every so often youll run into phcyos who curse every 10 seconds

Last edited:
S

scratch_man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well paradise is where I usually play and I love it.

T

treesap21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
True

hey man I really like paradise poker but your right way to many winners on the river also there is way way to many 4 of a kinds its a prettyu crazy

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No- Just no

I'm afraid I fail to understand your recommendation for paradise.

I have played, with money, on many sites and I'm afraid to say paradise was the worst.. the people that improve their bankroll are agressive, and if you are aggressive then go ahead, but when trying to mix conservative play with aggressive is impossible due to the algorithm..

For those who know, and dont, the cards generated are through a "random" algorithm, but even though its unhackable, it has an undiscoverable pattern becuase nothing is completely random... And i mean NOTHING, especially not computers... Certain programs have better algorithms and paradise's is VERY poor for the decent player with mixed up play. It suits one style of play the best, but to be a pr0 or make a lot of money in top expensive tournys, it doesn't work!

There are too many "river bad beats" in paradise. I know luck suggests it happens on all programs, and I know ive had some pretty bad ones elsewhere, once with a less than 1% chance, but that is unlucky. With paradise, you start off with 56, flop is 742, if you go to river, your going to win. End. THe problem with that is when oyu have AA, slow play or small raise, and u see that flop, you may think your in so put a lot of $$ in but uve lost....

Paradise is poor. They do VERY Good freerolls which i continue to enter, but for money there is better! Bet365.com is the best for SnG's! Ive entered 10 $5 ones and won them alll....

For ring games they're alright.. Ultimate bet are the best for limit ring games though. That has a professional algorithm designed by the likes of Annie Duke and Hellmuth and devilfish. If they think its good, its good.. simple as that... fair enough they get paid lots but they wont play there just to lose will they now....

Hope my comments are appreciated ;) and not total b**lox :p

Z

Zipperface

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like paradise the most.
the reasons?
1. very proffesional (shuffling algorythm, security issues...)
2. good looking interface
3. pro players

MsStyque

MsStyque

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dogburtguy said:
I've only played at Paradise so far. Some days, it seems like people win at the river over and over - even seens some chat blasting Paradise for that.

Anyone have experience with Paradise and other sites? Comparisons?

Thanks in advance
I have only played at Paradise so far but am getting disenchanted with them. They have owed me $10 in bonus money for a while now, and I have sent them email after email to no avail.

A

allinguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man did i get rivered today in the wsop on paridise.I was getting low and went all in on my pocket queens one guy called he had ace four offsuit the flop didn't help either hand.Then the turn four,then the river four ouch that stung but i guess thats poker....or i could just blame it on the computer shuffeling..lol

1dylan1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha... My FIRST poker playing site= Paradise Poker.. I think I regret that after depositing there.. In the end I always lost.. Wish I woulda been able to read this before I did.. " Most shark infested site "... " HORRIBLE players ".. " Small pots ".. I mean.. it seems as though the majority of poeple on the internet play at Paradise.. which must mean.. that YOU. ( some of you reading this ) are the sharks... Well. w/e the case.. can anyone reccomend another site.. that DOESN'T mess up your computer with a number of freerolls and good players? :).. Thanks Dylan

MercilessKiller said:
I'm afraid I fail to understand your recommendation for paradise.

I have played, with money, on many sites and I'm afraid to say paradise was the worst.. the people that improve their bankroll are agressive, and if you are aggressive then go ahead, but when trying to mix conservative play with aggressive is impossible due to the algorithm..

For those who know, and dont, the cards generated are through a "random" algorithm, but even though its unhackable, it has an undiscoverable pattern becuase nothing is completely random... And i mean NOTHING, especially not computers... Certain programs have better algorithms and paradise's is VERY poor for the decent player with mixed up play. It suits one style of play the best, but to be a pr0 or make a lot of money in top expensive tournys, it doesn't work!

There are too many "river bad beats" in paradise. I know luck suggests it happens on all programs, and I know ive had some pretty bad ones elsewhere, once with a less than 1% chance, but that is unlucky. With paradise, you start off with 56, flop is 742, if you go to river, your going to win. End. THe problem with that is when oyu have AA, slow play or small raise, and u see that flop, you may think your in so put a lot of $$ in but uve lost....

Paradise is poor. They do VERY Good freerolls which i continue to enter, but for money there is better! Bet365.com is the best for SnG's! Ive entered 10 $5 ones and won them alll....

For ring games they're alright.. Ultimate bet are the best for limit ring games though. That has a professional algorithm designed by the likes of Annie Duke and Hellmuth and devilfish. If they think its good, its good.. simple as that... fair enough they get paid lots but they wont play there just to lose will they now....

Hope my comments are appreciated ;) and not total b**lox :p
You DEF. seem to know what your talking about there.. but then again.. I def. think that happens on some sites.. all the time.. Since you probably play on Paradise more often.. thats probably why you see that.

Last edited:
D

davidj0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paradisepoker

I see many comments about paradise (positive & negative). There is only one way to get away from all ins on nothing and winning on the river card when you play nothing. Play the more expensive tournaments. There are still some crazies but not to many.

M

methos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, I know it's dumb to play a site for the graphics, but I like them. And there are sites I avoid because their graphics are so stupid (yes, please, I want to be the fat, balding, poker guy, please, can I????), so why not play this one cause they're cool.

T

thebadapple

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought paradise was good untill i got kicked off in the middle of a 1800 dollar pot i was very up set and too boot i got a 7 of dimonds and a 3 of clubs 8 times yes i said 8 times in a row now come on how real is that it isnt its bs

D

davidj0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
paradisepoker

If you like to play more than one game at a time then at Paradise you can now play three tables at one time. Then you can get burned on the river three times.

P

Paterik66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pndwtr said:
Pokerstars is the worst for the river card. It is countless times that if they are behind going to the river they will win on the river. I have also seen where more than once when two people are all in for example with AQ and AK and the flop come Ace and Queen and blank, then the turn be a King and then the river be another Q. So the hand bounces back and forth. Happens all the time there.
The bouncing back and forth has happend to me a numberous of times and I see it very often, specially in tournaments.
My favorite scenario in tournaments; two people got pocket pair, both are allin, then one of them hit trips at the flop (Usually the guy with lower pair), then at the river the other guy hit trips and win.
These stuff makes you suspscious, especially when it happens now and then..

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My view of Paradise - Shana Hiatt in a bikini :adore:

Oh the site, ahem, :stupido:

Have only played for a short while there but it seems quite good and it has 5 card draw which i dont think i come across elsewhere

iANft

D

davidj0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tigerpoker

Some of my friends are saying this is a great site so i'm going to try it. I let you know.

There are so many poker sites now that you just need to find a couple that suit you and forget the rest. Otherwise you may go nuts as they all have there uos and downs

Last edited:
P

PakoToons

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Paradise, by far, has the best "look" for a poker site.

I generally do well at the tables there too - we all get bad rivers at every site, part of the game. Seems to happen more often - or more noticible - when it happens to you.

~pako

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason why there are conspiracy theories is because commons sense tells us that if you play a few thousand hands on one site and the results are COMPLETELY different than on another site, theres something crooked going on. I see literally at least three times and many 2 pairs, straights and flushes on the river in Paradise than I do in royal vegas. The odds of that happening so many times out of thousands of hands is probably less than lighning striking me. Whats worse is that not only are half of your hands 2 pair or better, but they are then beat more than half of the time in the end.

D

davidj0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a winner

Last night I played a mini-tournament and won so this vindicates my feelings about the river a bit, but you still see to many bad ones.

I played partypoker when I first started but was not crazy about the set up that is why I downloaded Paradise. Though I am not always happy about some things I do like it much more.

Last edited: