VPN, to use or not to use, thats the question...

T

TechnologyGuy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are more reliable options than VPN.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't risk it. Most sights will seize your winnings and ban you for life if you ever move to a place where it's legal.

Imagine winning 100k and then having it seized. Yikes.

I

ilarion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

You will not succeed. The politics of poker rooms adhere to the laws. They have software that you will find. If not immediately, then later. There is one idea, but it is untested and probably will be difficult.If through your computer and the Internet beat home and manage (there is such a function in Windows) and play on another computer that is in another country. The difficulty in starting and maintaining another computer. Here, relatives or friends can help. The idea may seem crazy to you. You decide.

Man you are a genius :) Im planing to move in Australia i have played poker but i was never able to invest enough money becouse i live in the poor Balkan country formerly known as Macedonia and from now as North Macedonia and i was searching for a way to play from there so all i will need to do is to be able to conect to my pc in macedonia from my pc in australia i will send money to my brother he will put them in my poker account and i will be able to play LIKA A BOSS ...

Thank you man this solution is so good and so simple at the same time ...

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally use the VPN servers for the game in the poker room, 888 poker and party poker. Both rooms are very pleasant. But due to legislation we have to get out like that:)

paipingprung

paipingprung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this thread. I live in NY and just got all these great promotions in the mail from borgata poker. I set up my account and was ready to play poker for free and it wouldn't let me play because of the geolocation services which determined I was in NY and couldn't play there. Someone told me it might be possible to use a vpn proxy but after reading this thread it doesn't seem worth it. I don't want to get banned.
I would be sitting in my room at borgata and get a pop up saying they detected a VPN and I didn't even have a VPN on my computer.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use VPN. but if there is no other choice... because our reality is arranged.

A

Alpha325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt do it Strictly because if they catch you, like other people said, they take everything and ban the account

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is true. My case for example. I've played using ExpressVPN (This VPN is a little expensive but I like its KillSwitch feature where all internet traffic gets stopped immediately if the VPN disconnects so it is presumed that poker site won't detect that your IP address suddenly changed from non-restricted to restricted area).

It's good with Stars and 888. I have actually withdrawn 5-digit tournament win from Stars to my bank and there were no issues. I have not withdrawn from 888 as I don't use it often and have not won big there. I usually deposit via transfer from other player.

Surprisingly, Party does not allow me to play and I assume it detects the VPN, or it knows that I'm playing in restricted area.

I have not used this playing in the U.S. though. Also have not used this in Australia.

So my assumption is poker sites know that you're using VPN. It's such that they have different standards (Stars/888 allow it, Party does not -- in my case). If I try to play Stars in the U.S., I think it will stop me from playing because US jurisdiction is high profile as Stars is trying to re-enter US market (in fact, they are already operating in some states).

I feel that VPN is a viable option in Australia; just don't deposit big so even if poker sites confiscate your money, it won't be painful. Also ExpressVPN is only one VPN which offers KillSwitch mode. I'm sure other VPN softwares offer it too but for me Express VPN works quite well.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Best answer I've seen yet, can't seem to log in to Party either.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is true. My case for example. I've played using ExpressVPN (This VPN is a little expensive but I like its KillSwitch feature where all internet traffic gets stopped immediately if the VPN disconnects so it is presumed that poker site won't detect that your IP address suddenly changed from non-restricted to restricted area).

It's good with Stars and 888. I have actually withdrawn 5-digit tournament win from Stars to my bank and there were no issues. I have not withdrawn from 888 as I don't use it often and have not won big there. I usually deposit via transfer from other player.

Surprisingly, Party does not allow me to play and I assume it detects the VPN, or it knows that I'm playing in restricted area.

I have not used this playing in the U.S. though. Also have not used this in Australia.

So my assumption is poker sites know that you're using VPN. It's such that they have different standards (Stars/888 allow it, Party does not -- in my case). If I try to play Stars in the U.S., I think it will stop me from playing because US jurisdiction is high profile as Stars is trying to re-enter US market (in fact, they are already operating in some states).

I feel that VPN is a viable option in Australia; just don't deposit big so even if poker sites confiscate your money, it won't be painful. Also ExpressVPN is only one VPN which offers KillSwitch mode. I'm sure other VPN softwares offer it too but for me Express VPN works quite well.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
But I didn't mention that Cashier doesn't work get some old school stars red & black window neither can you open chests but you can play [emoji120] [emoji3]

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might get away with it for awhile or some on some lesser known sites but breaking the law is never a good idea.

Imagine you win a big online tournament and they need to find a way to cashout. Chances are the site takes your win away and that would suck.