Survey - What is important to you when choosing an online poker site?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the most important factors in joining a poker site:- Global reputation - smaller sites that have great customer service, balanced offerings, a decent to good rewards structure, and initiatives to improve the player experience will far outweigh the ones that market the most
- Live to online offerings - Sites that are tied to their own live series that offer ways for players to qualify is important. Hosting a live series is a big investment and sites that do it successfully show me a commitment to the players
- Ease of deposit - I was recently disappointed that the withdrawal rules on a site were crazy tough. I want to be able to know that if I need to withdraw I can do without issues or delays
- Bonus / Reward structure - How much do they value my business? The more I feel valued, the more inclined I am to play with them
- Social Media Interaction - How easy is it for me to interact with them??

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loving this stuff!

Anyone who has not given feedback yet please jump in - we will be sharing these results!

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try and stay away from smaller sites, don't know when they will close down.I usually go with the ones CC give freerolls on
I want the site to have a good traffic (not have to wait for a sit and go)
It has to be trustworthy (easy withdrawl and deposits)
Good connections, easy to use software with no gliches
I like sites that say when you are in the money like 888 and BCP, don't have to look for it.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
# trustworthy, after all I want my money and personal details to be safe.
# traffic, I'm there to play, not to wait for a game
# promotions
# good software,doesn't have to be fancy, but solid
# good customer support

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Traffic
2. Large variety of tournaments.
3. The less glitches the better
4. Good bot security could be 1, but I don't think I have that option.
5. Better playback would be nice.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Traffic
2. Large variety of tournaments.
3. The less glitches the better
4. Good bot security could be 1, but I don't think I have that option.
5. Better playback would be nice.

What do you mean by "playback"?

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. Large player base2. Integrity of the site
3. Mostly glitch free software

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I registered for a poker room for me it was important
1 - which payment systems are available to replenish the account and withdraw money, because for me not all payment systems are suitable to replenish and withdraw money, 2 - that the bonus was when replenishing, 3 - of course, so that there was a large selection of tournaments,
4 - the fulfillment of the task so that they could also be used to receive prizes!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Trustworthy (stable, information security, compliance)
Gameplay (design, easy to use, lightness, friendly blinds/ante/levels, no lagging, more options - deposit/withdrawal)
Traffic (without waiting list)
Support (the most personal possible)
Promotions (reward structure to loyal players and bonus to new players)
Terms of use / Privacy policy (transparency, no lower case letters)
Algorithm (real odds, for those who like competitions)
Philanthropy (greater purpose of helping others, generous contributions)
Regulation/Jurisdiction (protect players, encourage responsible games, efficient enforcement and reward responsible operators)
More or less this.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
For me it is quite different as most of the poker rooms are not allowed for the country where I live now, so:

1. Allowance of my region.
2. Payment methods and withdrawing policy.
3. Number of players online.
4. Softwear outlook, functionality and design.
5. Game's diversification.
6. Bonus program and freerolls availability.

Talden

Talden

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1: What does CC think about the site. Y'all have been in poker a lot longer than me, therefore Mamma(Debi) knows best.. For example, when I started I just played free rolls, I had built up over $100 BR on FullFlush just from free rolls. CC pulled there support for various reasons, and look what happened.

2:Fast W/D's and good customer service. For example, (this is not an endorsement just an example, I don't know how "sweepstakes" poker is gonna end up) But on Global Poker I have made 2 small W/D's this year(I was verified last year when I made another) I requested a W/D at 9am, it was approved at 12PM, it was in my paypal by 3pm..That's fast!!

3:Traffic.. It needs to have enough players for the games to run. Another example(lol), SWC poker, a small bitcoin site, has almost any game you want to play, I love OFC/P, its a blast. But when there isn't a big enough player pool to get a game running,its not worth anything.

4: and last but not least, CC FREE ROLLS, they make any site better...lol

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Survey - What is important to you when choosing a poker site?

What I'd love to see in a poker site ...
I don't really have a priory - these are all #1 in my book.

Reputation -
I can trust the site to be honest, have an excellent RCG (Random Card Generator) dealer, and to pay out promptly.

Virus and spyware free client software -
There should never be a need to "add an exception" to my firewall of virus protection.

Decent, fair games -
The poker site aggressively removes multi-accounters, colluders, and has excellent pokerbot detection software.

Connect-ability -
They should have strong secure servers that quickly connect and stay connected.

A wide range of poker games -
Not just the few most popular - how about a nice 5-card stud game to break up the routine?

Large range of buy-ins -
One-cent-two-cent with modest increases on up - To better serve the beginner and professional players alike.

Have plenty of games -
I should be able to drop in and find a variety of MTTs (Guaranteed and Freeroll), Ring Games etc.

Deposits and Cash outs -
Besides the most popular methods - a PayPal option would be nice.

Customer Support -
The site should be able to resolve player concerns promptly and be reasonably accessible

Honest, Reasonable Fees -
Rakeback and other fees should be comparable to the "Player Experience" (the entertainment value at the tables). :burnout:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are mine:

1 - service US customers
2 - Deposit and withdrawal options
3 - Traffic
4 - Trustworthy
5 - Software
6 - ease of withdrawal
7 - Guaranteed prize pools

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First and foremost for me is security of funds and accounts, need to know as far as reasonably possible we can be that account details will be safe and secure.

2. Software should be easy to navigate and use and not too gimicky, something about 888 software that means I can't take the place seriously.

3. Choice of games and also traffic in those games, nothing worse than joining a S n G or satty which will start when a certain number of players reg then waiting so long you lose interest or forget you regged for the game.

4. Deposits and withdrawls should run smoothly and quickly but again on the security aspect I'm all for the verification processes for withdrawls.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Trustworthiness.

Traffic at the time that suit me.

Easy withdrawal methods, preferably no crapto currency

Fish, lots of fish.

Good software.

:top:

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. The software interface.2. Number of players on that platform.
3. Games/tournaments variety.
4. Minimum deposit requirments.
5. Rake back program.

sumansu

sumansu

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I am not a good player due to lack of experience and I am from india and i can't make deposit to any poker site according to my bank regulations but one thing for sure poker always fascinated me.
.and it comes about choosing a poker site then according to me any poker site which gives me facilities in both in p.c and mobile and easy to use and very secure and sincere to its customer. I will always appreciate Pokerstar for these qualities.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The most important thing to me is to be able to have the trust and confidence that it will be a fair game.....the possibility of another "superuser" situation freaks me out. There has been so much on the net about things like this......

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aside from "does it allow players from the US" which sadly has to be first on my list...

1. Reputation. Needs to be trustworthy and have solid security
2. Software quality (I want a good playing experience and need a site to be well set up with configurable options for sounds and decks, etc.
3. Player pool (which is directly connected to variety and quantity of games)
4. Ease & speed of transferring funds/ cashing out

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Five Basics Things:

1.trustworthiness.
2. Traffic.3. Easy do withdrawal and quickly.
4. A lot of Cashout options.
5. Atractive Promotions.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most important thing is reliability. I have been burned by a few sites in the past so reputation is a big factor for me. After that I look for good promotions that will encourage me to deposit and play there, the better the "welcome package" is the more likely I am to play there.

Other factors are game selection, customer support and player traffic, I also like the site to have a good layout and be easy to navigate but that is a small factor for me.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US facing
Stable software and reliable connections
Traffic
Likelihood of continued existence
Requirements for withdrawals and deposits

Maybe move this to the top >> guarantees that I will win ... !!

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
adding to the above ... somewhere above the middle of the list ...

Game selection beyond NLHE

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first site I started playing was poker stars (love at first glance)
excellent software, game overview, a lot of freerolls that is important for beginners (to get infected with :) :) I think that the stars in the foreground are the following 888 and ACR, they are a lot easier to deal with on them.
Deposit Withdrawal
Customer service
Live Chat Support

For example, I do not like tournaments at PartyP because they have 30-50k starting chips in each tournament.

it is important that you have a lot of players who play SnG, on the stars, there are plenty of them, on other sites it is a long wait to collect a larger number of players

It is also important that the prizes are compared, as for the tournament, some fewer people enter the prizes, and that influences the choice of a particular site when someone wants to play, because he has more chances to get some money

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quick withdrawal of funds
shares
site usability
site quality
quickness (when it does not hang)
number of participants