RUSH Formatted MTT?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That Q7o was the best hand I had seen in a while, worthy of a screen shot.

:party:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think a RUSH-style format would translate over to MTT play at all.
A big part of MTT's is the ever-increasing blinds... so the players would be sitting on blinds a disproportionate amount and there'd be really no advantage of mass-folding (what.. so you can be on the blinds more often?). I just think it's a really bad idea & would be happy to 'bet' that it'd never fly.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AIPF was the correct move btw... ;)

damours21

damours21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they should do the rush style until you get into the money then switch back to regular mtt style imo

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sounds pretty bad tbh

why? you MUST play h4h and that basically eliminates the idea of "rush" in poker. Some tables will go so super slow depending on the action.

So it would mean you are just moving tables every hand, which is retarded if u get a sick tbl draw with fish you want to exploit them and take maney you dont want to get moved to another table.

moving tables randomly isnt fun and is only half of rush poker the other half just simply doesnt work lol.

Would have to agree.. but to be more honest... it sounds like a f'n terrible & retarded idea (<< sorry, I'm 'honestly' trying to be nice.. seriously).
It'd be like taking just about everything out of the game.
They've got BINGO down at the Legion once a week here where I live - - one hour they yell out the numbers really fast -- aka 'Rush Bingo' and you pass your bingo card off to the next person ever call out. If you happen to have the winning card passed to you... BINGO! (my example of what I think this idea would do to MTT play).

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy the intelligent give and take of ideas here on the forum & overall spirit most all of the members here exhibit in their communiqué. I also can understand and appreciate the comfort some take when posting statements here, given the anonymity, they might not have the balls to make given they were standing in front of the one they were speaking to. After your reading your post P.O. I take comfort in the knowledge that if you were standing in front of me, the person you just directly insulted, you would have, at minimum altered your choice of wording.

:nurse:

it sounds like a f'n retarded idea ).

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see rush working with MTT's, up until they got to a certain point.

It should probably be "Rush until 1/2 are eliminated" though. The problem is that once people can see the bubble they'll play really slow and ruin throw a wrench into the whole rush thing.

People are eliminated at a higher rate in Rush, so in a time-based blinds system they can fold to the money a whole lot easier. You'll need to end Rush-style play well before the people can fold to the money, or the game will be a mess.

I do like the idea though, as it'd liven up the boring first half of the tournament. It'd probably induce a lot more bad play from poor players as well.

Last edited:
sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see rush working with MTT's, up until they got to a certain point.

It should probably be "Rush until 1/2 are eliminated" though. The problem is that once people can see the bubble they'll play really slow and ruin the whole rush thing.

I think until the money hits... There should move you around every blind level or something like that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I enjoy the intelligent give and take of ideas here on the forum & overall spirit most all of the members here exhibit in their communiqué. I also can understand and appreciate the comfort some take when posting statements here, given the anonymity, they might not have the balls to make given they were standing in front of the one they were speaking to. After your reading your post P.O. I take comfort in the knowledge that if you were standing in front of me, the person you just directly insulted, you would have, at minimum altered your choice of wording.

:nurse:

I wasn't meaning to INSULT you at all. Sorry if you didn't like my choice of wording. I happened to choose it because it is actually a very mild description of how I feel about it.
In person it'd be the same (if I even bothered to comment about it tbh).
Didn't mean to offend... just stating what I think. Perhaps I could've (should've) worded the part differently where I wrote "trying to be nice" (although at the time I was feeling like I was trying to be nice).

Sounds like others on here think it's a good idea & would be interested in playing it! Who knows.. perhaps there'd be enough to make it fly. Can't for the life of me understand why though.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the idea about cutting down table sizes, etc - I'd play that :)

Why not have it so blinds are dynamic; those who play fewer hands pay higher blinds? Something to think about.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Why not have it so blinds are dynamic; those who play fewer hands pay higher blinds? Something to think about.

I wouldn't agree with this. You can't necessarily punish TAG's anymore than others just because they aren't playing as many hands at the loose fish on the other end of the table playing like a 85/30

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't agree with this. You can't necessarily punish TAG's anymore than others just because they aren't playing as many hands at the loose fish on the other end of the table playing like a 85/30

When I said "play", I meant were dealt into - sorry :)

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Fewer played hands in rush = more blind rotations = paying more blinds.

They already do it themselves.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if there were no blinds, only Antis that increased perportionally with the number of hands played. So if Im zipping through the early tournament looking at hundreds of hole cards and show at a table with Sharky (uber tight) Tim who has only seen 60 hands. His anti might be 60 whereas mine might be 200.

Now I concede the above idea may just be mentally deficient but so was a cell phone under 50lbs not too far back.

:thrasher:

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I concede the above idea may just be mentally deficient but so was a cell phone under 50lbs not too far back.

You mean they aren't anymore?
old_school_cellphone.jpg

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if there were no blinds, only Antis that increased perportionally with the number of hands played. So if Im zipping through the early tournament looking at hundreds of hole cards and show at a table with Sharky (uber tight) Tim who has only seen 60 hands. His anti might be 60 whereas mine might be 200.

I like that idea - kinda thing I was thinking of, but your implementation is far better :)

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Attachments

• cell.jpg
    cell.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 73
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This ^^^ is the only way it can work.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure it would work. In tourneys you rely on the blinds going up to ante out the shortstacks, or making them push at a certain time. If they moved tables by folding they might not really be paying the blinds as often. It would be harder to bully them also since they wouldn't always be in the same position. If they figured a way to do it I wouldn't play.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the exact problem with a RUSH MTT, you can't guarantee everyone will pay the same amount of blinds as everyone else. Because your position always changes, you may pay the SB 5x in a row or miss it 7x in a row. Its all good when the blinds at 15/30 but when they are 300/600, I don't want to have to pay it 5 times in a row.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This ^^^ is the only way it can work.

I agree it's a good idea, but you can't make the antes post until after the hand is folded or played out. If you do it up front, that kinda gives away info that would make it unfair. Posted after the hand, nobody would know until afterward.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about a Rush style tournament combined with double or nothing. Half the field doubles up and the house still get's their rake.

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good idea! I don't see how that would work in the late stages though.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How about a RUSH style, Super Turbo, 4-plyr tables with blinds going up exponentially so that someone can play a full tourney in less than 20mins.?
"Under the 'O'.... 52!"