PokerSchool Open Skill League $ 10 all days

GoldenStatue

GoldenStatue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't like this tournament. I've played 2 times but it is horrible.
You can't have a good time playing this. 10000 players, 9000 are fishes that win against your Aces with 72o.
There's no poker anymore, but 100% gambling.

In that tournament there is 100% chance for the first hand to go All-in :)
The second hand is 98% chance for someone to go All-in... etc :D
One word - Unplayable... :mad:

DMJN

DMJN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i totally agree that this tournament is HUGE waste of time since there are like 15k+ players always, and poolprize is SO small, i mean 4 out of 17k get 0.4$... i guess you can earn more by clicking adds at some random site or something :D

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i totally agree that this tournament is HUGE waste of time since there are like 15k+ players always, and poolprize is SO small, i mean 4 out of 17k get 0.4$... i guess you can earn more by clicking adds at some random site or something :D

but who plays this tournament, you do not think the awards it offers. People who play this tournament think the points that corresponds to the site and it will accumulate to win the prizes that the site offers. Recalling that for first place on the site is an award of $ 1,500.

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its really hard this MTT. the priza not is good. but in the end of month you can take a good prize in the general table..

A

a37001977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for you help and thanks for you info
i will try to join in
i fraid too many players and blinds are too long

N

nikolica11

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
realy why people play this tournament, make some deposit of $10 or $20, and try to do something.
Freeroll is ok when you can win over $20 for wining the tournament and have place to show some good poker game, but this is no worth of time.

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have played this tour about 800 times..Two times i was the winner...in about 5 hours game..its agood tour...

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like this tournament. It is so crazy, totally nutts and unpredictble. Sometimes I was in the money, but to be in the final table it is extremaly rough, uncertain and too many hours to spend. I recently quit this tournaments. There are a lot of better freerolls with less players and more prizepool to conquer.

J

J777777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like this tournament. It is so crazy, totally nutts and unpredictble. Sometimes I was in the money, but to be in the final table it is extremaly rough, uncertain and too many hours to spend. I recently quit this tournaments. There are a lot of better freerolls with less players and more prizepool to conquer.

Learn to have fun & play this, you will surely enjoy this if you don't have much expectations from it :). Its just another bingo freeroll:) & do play for getting the big bang tickets; I got my first one for Nov. Had to wait for over a month to play this Sat:D

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never lucky in these school tourneys, never final tabled

S

Stas Smit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Турнир

Если честно, то игра конечно не пхти в этом турнире, постоянный блеф без рук, лишь бы собрать весь стек... Очень интересно)))

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are small prizes, but this tourney is for learning how to play poker on many tables with big group of players. In my opinion, tournaments like that is for improving our abilities and skills in poker.

P

Prolaznik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the last ten years, pokerstars is getting worse and worse. And to make the issue more tragic - as the times go by - they're worsening faster and faster. I'm not just angry, I'm furious!
But you've somehow managed to find the only crime they aren't guilty of. These tournaments are good for the purpose. Most of you just seek the wrong purpose...

A) Practicing
i) New players can learn and practice the game
ii) Experienced players can practice patience and discipline
iii) Everyone can test various strategical and tactical ideas

B) League standings and monthly prizes
Winning the money prize (on the particular tourney you play) isn't the goal; earning as many points as you can, is the goal. This way, you're improving your monthly standings...
i) Open league offers modest money prizes and pass to Premier league
ii) Premier league offers bigger prizes (though not easy) and practicing in tougher field

C) Quick and easy money

D) Free booze

E) Naked girls

Sorry, if you're looking for C, D, or E - that's just a wrong place*. But you might want to review A and B again - maybe those features aren't entirely useless after all...
* about C, D, E - I'm not saying you shouldn't continue your search elsewhere :D

All in all, can't believe I'm defending Pokerstars, but in this particular case, I can't blame them too much...

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn to have fun & play this, you will surely enjoy this if you don't have much expectations from it :). Its just another bingo freeroll:) & do play for getting the big bang tickets; I got my first one for Nov. Had to wait for over a month to play this Sat:D

Ok. Thanks for the tip, but I do not have too many time to play poker and I prefer to play tournament more "winable", with more chances to final table, with less time to play.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The open league is indeed not so fun to play, but I did it to get in the Premier League and to get the Big Bang ticket. The Premier league works totally different. Also there I don't do it for the prices in one game, but for the leaderboard of the month and the prices being reached out there.

Tip: if you play the open league with the purpose to get in the Premier League: be very patient. Especially in the beginning of the game you see alot of bingo playing with crazy all-ins, but it gets better after half an hour. In the first half hour I only played my premium hands preflop. If you hold on to this stategy it's not that hard to get qualified for the Premier League, where leaderboardprices are way better.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The open league is indeed not so fun to play, but I did it to get in the Premier League and to get the Big Bang ticket. The Premier league works totally different. Also there I don't do it for the prices in one game, but for the leaderboard of the month and the prices being reached out there.

Tip: if you play the open league with the purpose to get in the Premier League: be very patient. Especially in the beginning of the game you see alot of bingo playing with crazy all-ins, but it gets better after half an hour. In the first half hour I only played my premium hands preflop. If you hold on to this stategy it's not that hard to get qualified for the Premier League, where leaderboardprices are way better.

I'm trying to get the premier league. What say the tournaments are totally different. For example, in the open in 1 hour of game you already can punctuation, playing at the premiere in 3 hours of game that u get a score. The game is more time consuming and difficult because the opponents are not as stupid as those of the open. What disturbs me more time is game time. When it exceeds 2 hours of play, my concentration is a little weak.

D

dayo777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few months I played almost every day because I wanted to get into the Premier League. I failed, and now I do not have much time so I do not play anymore. I think the OpenSkill League is good for those who are just learning to play poker.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to get the premier league. What say the tournaments are totally different. For example, in the open in 1 hour of game you already can punctuation, playing at the premiere in 3 hours of game that u get a score. The game is more time consuming and difficult because the opponents are not as stupid as those of the open. What disturbs me more time is game time. When it exceeds 2 hours of play, my concentration is a little weak.

What can I say .. if you loose your concentration after 2h, maybe MTT's in poker is not for you. I don't know. Maybe some brainfood, coffee or tea and a little activity in the 5 min. break. F.ex. I do the dishes or clean something small in breaktime. Don't get distracted by doing other things during the game, by watching tv or so. Or maybe play 2 games, so you don't get bored if you have to wait a long time to play a hand in the Premier league. Goodluck!

With me, my concentration goes up during a long MTT. Maybe it's the adrenaline.

M

MrMiyagi420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's good practice for mtt's yes maybe you play for 5bucks but it cost nothing to join and if your lucky enough you can play for higher stakes in the big bang