C

CINTRA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello goodnight. In the poker groups I attend, an issue has been raised, which
I found it interesting; it would be about players facing not other players but robots from the sites themselves.
This is a very serious issue, as it affects the credibility of poker sites.

Another issue is the big difference in the numbers of winning plays that players from the countries of the former "SOVIET UNION" achieve compared to the others.
Enough to be monstrous. This issue has been much debated in the groups as well.

Have they made these arguments with you?

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I found it interesting; it would be about players facing not other players but robots from the sites themselves.

Another issue is the big difference in the numbers of winning plays that players from the countries of the former "SOVIET UNION" achieve compared to the others.

people tend to seek scapegoats for all kinds of stuff in life.
that includes not being able to accept bad beats in poker
this is how such theories are born,....

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
The topic "cheating at poker" is probably as old as the game itself. Some people have developed a kind of paranoia and suspect cheating behind every suck out. There have been many examples of groups of players cheating in online poker. This will probably happen again and again, although many of these incidents have come to light.
If you are worried about this, I would advise you to play formats that make cheating much more difficult, such as zoom or tournaments.

As for housebots, I think you are relatively safe on big poker sites. If something like this were to be uncovered, the economic damage to the provider and also the loss of reputation would be enormous. I don't think anyone would risk that.

Otherwise, good luck and have fun with the most beautiful card game in the world.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There have already been several similar topics on cardschat. My point of view is the same: there is no chance for robots in big poker sites. Too big a risk of losing players relative to the benefits. About "soviet union" players I didn't notice anything strange on PS. It seems to me that this is someone's subjective opinion

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

It doesn't matter to me. My stats are pretty good, I make regular profits, so I don't care who my opponents are.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Bots are the main threat to online poker. Such a statement 20 years ago caused only laughter, it looked too implausible. After 10 years, the spread of bots seemed to be a matter of time. There have already been isolated cases of their use. In 2021, no one doubts either the existence of bots or their large number at the poker table. Now the fight against fraudsters armed with artificial intelligence has become a daily routine and an important goal of poker rooms.A gross violation of the rules of poker rooms does not frighten developers. The prospect of blocking the account and arresting all the money in the account is also. The fact that the use of a poker bot is a criminal offense, namely fraud, does not stop them.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have read about it. I even saw several telegram channels that offer to try. But I consider it a scam. I am generally against all additional applications. I think it's unfair. You can't say they don't exist. But in case of failures - we all think - they are robots 🤣

KANNE 1972

KANNE 1972

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So I won't let any guesswork spoil the fun of poker

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
In my opinion it is difficult to ensure something like that, since poker sites are international and people from many countries are always on and playing many hands. In my experience, I have had to play at a table with only players from brazil and of course the The chances of me losing a lot of hands against them is great. I in particular have not noticed what you say in Russian players

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To be honest, I hate it when you say something like that about a particular nation, but I've also been told it several times because of Russians or Brazilians or other nationalities. When I play poker, I'm only interested in the cards and not in which nationality is sitting at my table. And as far as bots are concerned, this is an old topic and is also mentioned again and again by people and strangely enough, these are people who mostly seem to be haunted by bad luck in poker. I also don't think you can say that this doesn't exist at all, but I also believe that this problem does not exist with the big and respected poker sites.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
about poker bots that run poker sites - in my opinion there is not a single proof of this, as for players from the former USSR, if there are such statistics that they win most tournaments, or in the ratio of players / wins they take the first places, this is not surprising for me , because the educational system in the USSR was in the first place in the world

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its pretty easy to spot bots if you have a hud. All you have to do is look at the player stats over a large sample size and if you a see a group of players with the same VPIP, PFR, AggF, and Steal Stats - well then you probably found some bots.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
more and more of these topics pop up on different sites and forums, maybe people already understand that there are bots because a lot of different people are talking about it and saying that some countries win 80% of the time than others I think in the future this will be a poker problem, of course I don't think there are bots, but still, if a large number of them think so, then poker communities will soon revolt and they will have to prove

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Many times I tag some players as potential bots . The interesting is that most or all of these tagged as bots players cannot be spotted at the tables a second time , now I have no patience or time to look sharkscope for their statistics analytics , I always say wherever there is smoke there is fire ............

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont know if there is really much of an issue with bots. I am sure they are out there but good sites are looking for them and want them off probally more than we do. While I know people worry about them most os us play such small levels of buy ins are the bots truly worth it?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
People are lazy and always blame others for their mistakes. Bots, the soviet union, a neighbor or a seller, it doesn't matter, people will blame everyone but themselves for their failures :)

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Even if I knew that half of my opponents were bots ... it would make no difference to me. They aren't invincible, you know?

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big poker rooms have strict rules against bots and have means to detect them. So play on trusted sites and don't worry about it.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even if I knew that half of my opponents were bots ... it would make no difference to me. They aren't invincible, you know?
not invincible but can be much better and winner than a regular player, if you took poker seriously and like to profit, you wouldn't write that, no offense

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This simple answer to this is, that if you dont trust a particular poker site, then withdraw all your funds and dont play there again except maybe for freerolls or play money games. This discussion about "rigged poker sites" is as old as online poker itself, and nobody have ever been able to present actual evidence for their theories and speculation. In the "bad beat and vents" section there is a "rigged megathread" with 14.000 posts. Can be good entertainment to read some of it, but if you take it serious, you are wasting your time.
Another issue is the big difference in the numbers of winning plays that players from the countries of the former "SOVIET UNION" achieve compared to the others. Enough to be monstrous. This issue has been much debated in the groups as well.
This actually has a very simple explanation. In countries in Eastern Europe including those, that were part of the Sovjet Union, salaries are much lower than in Western Europe or North America. And for that reason we see many serious players from those countries even in micro and low stakes games. The same is also true for South America, where we see a large number of players from brasil in particular.

So the reason, why players from these countries see better results on average, is that they study and practice much harder than people from rich countries, who often play the lower stakes in a pure recreational way. This goes all the way down to sub 1$ SnGs, because often these people cant afford a big deposit. So they start with a small amount like 20$, and then they slowly grind it up while studying and improving.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Distrust arises because we do not see the opponent on the other side through video chat, although current technology is able to offer players an environment with video chat, in poker rooms, the sites do not, why is it, perhaps the answer is the bots .

But I don't believe that the bots if they exist, they are from expert and fradulent players , I believe that if they exist, they are the site itself, it is possible in the virtual environment you are playing against the poker room itself, on the other hand this would not be a totality, for example in a virtual table of poker between 6 to 9 players, part of this could be bots from the room itself, or all of them, it would depend a lot.

Note that at online poker tables many players have very similar names with encrypted codes , and have nothing to do with any characters that inspire the people of that country where the player is called.

To observe this, you must first know the language that speaks that country and then you will see that certain players have names that seem to be more robotic cryptography, and this you can observe in your own language.

Another thing that makes us suspicious of online poker is that no one is so lucky or so unlucky, as it is very common, even more so in cash gamers, for you to lose with A ♦ A ♥ , K ♣ K ♠ , Q ♥ Q ♣ , cards of this level for weak cards, like 9 ♠ 6 ♠ , 10 ♥ 2 ♥ , and even playing the 3 to 5 bets right , or even going all in on pr é flop . Usually when this happens, the player opens his hand with 3 bets , then the flop comes something like 5 ♥ -2 ♣ -10 ♥ , and as you hold a strong hand, you will do everything to make a profit, but the player pays knowing that there are few odds , so in the post flop comes 8 ♦ and later 3 ♥ , and that you lose with your pair of AA.

When this happened to me in 4 situations, I realized that the player who held the most honest hand took time to respond in all situations, maybe the system took time to change the cards that would come so that I could lose and have a loss and he himself won, in which case it wouldn't be a bot , it would be the system itself deceiving to make a profit beyond the game fees we pay to play.

initial phases the player manages to raise a good amount of chips, but the cards change, the player starts to receive bad cards that do not statistically give much probability of winning, and when he receives a playable card he receives UTG, so when he calls to see he doesn't find anything on the flop , and the other players start raising and raising , taking all his chips, the system loves to make you hold UTG, KQ, of any suit, and on the flop the system likes to put there A-8-J, then you pay to see the next card that usually comes anything that doesn't form a type 2 sequence, but the other player asks high, normally this will weaken you in the play, during the rest of the tournament making you go all , or being frank for the bubble phase, but the system does this to you after many hands receiving bad cards, so your patience runs out and you are desperate to make a move for the better improve your placement in tournaments.

Concluding online poker is fraudulent, disagree who wants to disagree, opinion is free, and even for those who disagree remember that here you are a long time freeroll player and never developed anything in poker, you can consider the freeroll of the poker sites as a simple after sales if you deposited and lost everything, as usual.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have already discussed this many times, whether the bot question is true or not, it could only be decided by knowing all the variables, or if everyone played video chat, but then it would turn out again that the random number generator is cheating 🤪. There are always such problems related to cheating in every sport from time to time, and suspicion usually comes from the losing side, which is also interesting.
I'm not a profitable player, but I've stopped pointing at the poker room, because I don't have to play, if I get bored of always losing and the numbers aren't predestined for that, then I stop playing.
You don't have to play, it's pointless if I think the other side is cheating, because then who's the fool :unsure:...

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
not invincible but can be much better and winner than a regular player, if you took poker seriously and like to profit, you wouldn't write that, no offense
Is that actually proven? I know that in complete-information games such as Chess or Go, computers are practically unbeatable, but what about in Poker? I'ven beaten many bots in this game.