Which poker site is best in 2020?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the MTTs on 888 Poker, which possibly has a lot to do with the fact, I have been doing well in them. But on a more objective note 888 have a large selection of MTTs at micro and low limits, and the fields are generally small, which reduce variance. This is perfect for me, but if your priority is the chance of a big jack-pot score, then probably the MTTs on 888 Poker are not perfect for you. So as other people have said, it really depends on, what you are looking for.

Also on a more critical note maybe they have almost to many MTTs for the size of their player pool, and to many different structures and names for them. Its almost a bit confusing, so if I was the person in charge, I would look to clean it up a bit. For instance they have a lot of PKOs, but they also still run a few daily traditional KO tournaments. These are not as popular as the PKOs, so why not either make these PKOs as well, or simply remove them.

They also have a million different policies on late registration and rebuys. They recently introduced a series called "classic" with no rebuys, but inexplicably they also have other MTTs with no rebuy, some with 2 rebuys and others with 5. Why not change those with no rebuy to the "classic" format, so maybe the brand would have a better chance to catch on, and then maybe allow 2 rebuys for the rest? Very few players rebuy 3-5 times anyway.

All their 2,2$ R+As have 6 minute blind intervals except one, which have 8 minute blind intervals. Some close late registration after 65 minutes, others after 75 minutes and the 8 minute one after 90 minutes. And so on and so forth. I mean pleeeese just select something and then make that standard across the board, so I dont need to check in the tournament lobby every single time :)

But these are nitpicks, and overall I think, 888 Poker is a great site for MTTs at the micro and low buyin limits. As you move into mid stakes, the selection becomes more scarze, and you might want to move to a different site or play multible sites at the same time.

As for cash games I am not so sold on 888 Poker. They have high rake and low volume, which mean, it can take a lot of time to get into games, if you want to play multible tables, and table selection is limited. Unless you play 2NL or 5NL you often need to mix up limits or format (6-max, full ring), if you are multitabling.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me the best low limit tournament site is 888Poker. All the tournaments offered on this site are good

R

Raz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just took 1st place in a freeroll at bigdog felt like the first legit poker tournament I've played in a long time

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never used any kind of cryptocurrency so I’m very unfamiliar with them. Of course I know what they are and how they are basically used but I have no experience about them so it could definitely become a problem.

Are they playing cash games only with bitcoin/cryptos in this site and do they always pay out the tournament winnings with them?
There are cash games, tournaments and sit n go. 12 game, chinese (with 2-7 if you want), 5 card omaha, pretty much all the games you would want.
All transactions are in bitcoin. When you deposit, your btc gets converted to chips. When you withdraw, your chips are converted to btc. One btc is a million chips on this site.
I try to stay away from main chat on the site, it gets toxic, but the mods have been working on that lately.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Except for pokerstars,the best ones are party poker,888 Poker and GGPoker,but,then again,there are many complaints lately about GGPoker.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think ggpoker is gaining space, the guarantees are very good and rackback is also very weak on the micros

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gravitate towards Pokerstars anyway. I can't think of a site that plays better than Pokerstars.

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For usa players we get limited choices but my top two would have to be., Betonline i've had some amazing luck with the tourneys on there and secondly would have to be intertops.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pokerstars

Good morning everyone, in my opinion pokerstars spain.
One might ask, are pokerstars spain and pokerstars.com not the same?
yes, more clearly there are results from different karatas, in pokerstars spain there is less bad bet, i started to reach final tables a lot more times than in pokerstars.com, i play with strong hands and usually i win, AA, KK, QQ .
Pokerstars is the best site in many ways.
software graphics 9.5
gameplay 10
support 10
number of players 10
card draw 3
There is always a bad bet, which can happen more often than it does at pokerstars.
I have been playing online poker since 2018 and I have played on many sites and the site that has the least bad bet is Bet365, the problem is the graph is not that good and has few players, but the results of the draws of the cards is very equal to result of live poker, it is very rare that I lose with AA on this site, at pokerstars I lose all the time.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pokerstars espanha

yes, more clearly there are results from different karatas, in pokerstars spain there is less bad bet, i started to reach final tables a lot more times than in pokerstars.com, i play with strong hands and usually i win, AA, KK, QQ .
software graphics 9.5
gameplay 10
support 10
number of players 10
card draw 3
There is always a bad bet, which can happen more often than it does at pokerstars.
I have been playing online poker since 2018 and I have played on many sites and the site that has the least bad bet is Bet365, the problem is the graph is not that good and has few players, but the results of the draws of the cards is very equal to result of live poker, it is very rare that I lose with AA on this site, at pokerstars I lose all the time.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 is ok not many sit and go,s cash games are full of grinders. no talking.
partypoker has alot of grinders,

ipoker has no trsffic few sit n go,s

tigergaming is ok but watch their random generator ..it can be brutal

acr is unregulated so those guys often fail.

just find somewhere you like , where dyou can deposit and withdraw well.

my favorite now is unibet.. but not everyone agrees.

S

Shark Feeder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
Well done, sir :)

I like the MTTs on 888 Poker, which possibly has a lot to do with the fact, I have been doing well in them. But on a more objective note 888 have a large selection of MTTs at micro and low limits, and the fields are generally small, which reduce variance. This is perfect for me, but if your priority is the chance of a big jack-pot score, then probably the MTTs on 888 Poker are not perfect for you. So as other people have said, it really depends on, what you are looking for.

Also on a more critical note maybe they have almost to many MTTs for the size of their player pool, and to many different structures and names for them. Its almost a bit confusing, so if I was the person in charge, I would look to clean it up a bit. For instance they have a lot of PKOs, but they also still run a few daily traditional KO tournaments. These are not as popular as the PKOs, so why not either make these PKOs as well, or simply remove them.

They also have a million different policies on late registration and rebuys. They recently introduced a series called "classic" with no rebuys, but inexplicably they also have other MTTs with no rebuy, some with 2 rebuys and others with 5. Why not change those with no rebuy to the "classic" format, so maybe the brand would have a better chance to catch on, and then maybe allow 2 rebuys for the rest? Very few players rebuy 3-5 times anyway.

All their 2,2$ R+As have 6 minute blind intervals except one, which have 8 minute blind intervals. Some close late registration after 65 minutes, others after 75 minutes and the 8 minute one after 90 minutes. And so on and so forth. I mean pleeeese just select something and then make that standard across the board, so I dont need to check in the tournament lobby every single time :)

But these are nitpicks, and overall I think, 888 Poker is a great site for MTTs at the micro and low buyin limits. As you move into mid stakes, the selection becomes more scarze, and you might want to move to a different site or play multible sites at the same time.

As for cash games I am not so sold on 888 Poker. They have high rake and low volume, which mean, it can take a lot of time to get into games, if you want to play multible tables, and table selection is limited. Unless you play 2NL or 5NL you often need to mix up limits or format (6-max, full ring), if you are multitabling.

Even many times short and simple can be the best comment or answer but I think this is definitely the best answer to my question (which some of you didn't understand; I said it as clearly as I could that Pokerstars is excluded for one reason or another) so far. You gave very precise information that I think is relevant and you really took the time to answer the most important question which is of course "why?". Very well done answer and it helped me a lot :icon_thum

I know many of you think it's useless to try to tell me why something is better than the other and that it's up to me to know which things count more than others but you're wrong. The thing is I asked what you guys think and why. I know what's most important to me and by how much so it's kind of useless to just ask myself what I think and it's even more senseless for me to seriously try to ask you guys what I would think. Again, I want to know what you guys think about these things and why do you think that way. No one has an obligation to answer to some random guy's questions on some pokerforum but if you really want to try then read the question(s) again and try to understand that you are the guy/gal whose view I am interested about. It's unfair for me to try to ask you what I would think about something so I will never ask you to even try to do that.

But thank you for your very thorough answer, Fundiver (was it:confused:). I don't mind the nitpicks. I think it was all usefull information which can be used many times over time and in many different kind of situations. Of course I can't take advantage of all of it at once and that's the thing that makes it a great answer. You can tell that you could have never just make it all up while you were writing, not that I'm accusing or suspecting anyone doing anything like that in this thread :dontknow: It just clearly shows you really put some thinking to your respond and by also making it so well covering the topic I'm greatfull.

I just want to mention one thing and if anyone wants to use it in a future response you're most welcome to do that. I hate KOs&PKOs :D I always have and I think I'll always will :dontknow: I just always thought they were kind of unfair and changing the dynamics of the game too much and maybe even more the further the tournament goes. I like freezeouts and I also like rebuys as long as the rebuy period is reasonable and the blinds don't go too high compared to the starting stack sizes. Actually my first 4 digit payout was from R+A which was regrettably stopped when only 36 (out of about 1900) of us were left (I had just climbed to the fifth place in the last hour by doubling up twice and then tripling up after just hanging in there about 4-5 hours before that) in the tournament (of course it was on Pokerstars but it was in 2008 so it was the good old times which many poker players today don't even know about much. It means that if I'm not getting old yet it's definitely going to start soon and before I even know it.

Little of topic: It's great to be an uncle who doesn't need to do all the hardest and ungreatful work with the children but you can just enjoy their company until it's time to go home and when the children start to get more difficult :dontknow: But I remember the first time I got the privilege to put my nephew to sleep when he was still a baby and even he was a little tense at first when he wasn't being held by his mommy or daddy I somehow still made it happen and when he got to sleep by going totally limp in my arms (because he trusted me enough) it felt like God was holding him through my arms and I almost cried having experienced that.

Sorry about Off Topic, it's over now. Please keep in mind the question(s) that were asked while posting more of your thoughts about the subject. Thanks for everyone who have answered even remotely to the questions :)

S

Shark Feeder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
Just to let you know

software graphics 9.5
gameplay 10
support 10
number of players 10
card draw 3

By the way, just to let you know: There hasn't been a site called pokerstars.com for almost a decade now. It was changed to pokerstars.eu some time early in the last decade (propably 2011 or 2012, I didn't look for it but if you're more interested about it you can just run a search and you'll find a lot of information about it).

But thanks for letting us know about pokerstars.spain or did I get that wrong? Anyway, thanks :)

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently playing on ACR for MTTs and if I want to play a little bit of cash I usually go to ignition.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, I'd have to say ACR or BCP... I get checks, and the Chico Network requires too big of amount for my micro grinding.

MarkAbrantes

MarkAbrantes

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like Unibet, lot's of fish but, don't win too much or you will be accused of being a bot:cool:

Scooopy

Scooopy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soft liked Unibet, but innovative in 2020 was GGpoker, it is not perfect, but it is taking the right steps to success. And that's good, as long as there is competition, there will be progress

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best poker site hands down is cardschat.com:icon_comp:eek::thrasher::p:D:)
For playing online betonline is great for 📱 phone/mobile play.

Americas card room (ACR) private section has some great low limit/free tournaments. You can find passwords here, on twitch, social media ect...

PokerStars is great for league and home games.

Ignition is nice if you don't want to see usernames kinda makes it feel like collusion would be more difficult.

I Guess the best site is one where you win! Goodluck at tables and don't forget to have fun!

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888poker and ACR for me are the best rooms after pokerstars, although strange things often happen.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I quite liked Betfred Poker site the software and games similar to Pokerstars in the fact there was never any problem with crashes etc. The only problem with it is every time they update the software it deletes your screen name and password from the log-in page so you need to keep a special note on those as you will have trouble logging in.
It happens quite a lot on Betfred.

Daddysprincess99

Daddysprincess99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars does not exist?

By the way, just to let you know: There hasn't been a site called pokerstars.com for almost a decade now. It was changed to pokerstars.eu some time early in the last decade (propably 2011 or 2012, I didn't look for it but if you're more interested about it you can just run a search and you'll find a lot of information about it).

But thanks for letting us know about pokerstars.spain or did I get that wrong? Anyway, thanks :)

Hi, I'm a newbie and was wondering why PokerStars wasn't rated as a playing site on Cardschat even though so many people talk about it. I have never played on it. Is it no longer available in the US?