PA PokerStars: Married Couples Having Problems Registering?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in 2020, I was not aware of Cardschat. It wasn't until about a week ago that I encountered Bob Pajich. I asked him if he was aware of married couples that faced this same "moderate inconvenience" or if he knew of a source where I might look for such people. Bob's connection to this forum lead me to join and post my request.

As I told Bob, I am aware of the two plus two forum and at least some of their posts by others who encountered the same treatment when their spouses tried to sign up. (see one of my previous posts in this thread showing the two plus two post by 'levanez' describing a similar situation from back in 2015/2016 time frame).

I am also aware that there are Facebook groups including at least one for PA pokerstars wherein other people are posting about their similar experiences when a spouse tried to join.

Obviously CardsChat is the place to be for poker related discussions but can you think of any other places that might be worth checking?
I see a few flaws in this post, 1st PS did not get the OK, to be in PA till 2019.
2nd that user name does not show any 2+2 user threads coming up, unless you would be willing to post a link to that thread, since my browser is not showing any links in this thread. The link that I seen is gone.
Edit: I found the post, he only did 4 posts in the thread he did up
PS did reach out to him!! But he never posted back to it!
There are two separate issues here:
This specific situation
We’d like to investigate this situation further, but are having difficulty identifying the original poster (OP) of this thread.

Since the OP of the thread only has a new account on here, they are unable to send/receive private messages, so I can’t send him a private message directly.

Consequently, we’d ask ‘levanez’ to email support@pokerstars.com from the email address registered on his account (or ask his wife to email us from her account) with ‘Attention – Michael Josem’ in the subject line and we will be able to investigate and review further.

Our general policy
PokerStars is in the business of providing online gaming services. As part of that, it is our obvious desire for everyone to be able to play in a safe and responsible manner: after all, that’s what our business is focused on doing. However, we’re not able to provide online poker services to 100% of people in the world. That can be for a variety of reasons – everything from we think that they might be underage, through to them possibly playing from a prohibited location, through to a heightened risk of cheating other players, through to a belief that a player might have an increased risk of defrauding PokerStars (this is not an exhaustive reason: there are other reasons too).

Consequently, PokerStars routinely suspends real money activity on accounts (that is, the ability to play real money games, make deposits, make withdrawals, and send or receive real money transfers) when we believe we need to. It is our general desire to resolve these situations as quickly as possible, for a few key reasons:

a) It is fair to the player; and
b) It is good customer service; and
c) We generally want our customers to be playing poker rather than completing administrative tasks.

We will suspend real money activity by accounts when something happens that causes us to believe that there is a heightened risk. In some cases, players are innocent of any wrong-doing. In other cases, they are not. That’s why we need to investigate the situation and obtain further information from a player (often such as identification and/or an explanation for what is happening).

As some other threads in this very forum demonstrate, we conduct investigations like this at various stages: it can sometimes be when there are large amounts of money at stake, and sometimes when there are small amounts of money at stake. While we have done this for many years, many participants in this forum have highlighted the importance of investigating suspicious accounts at the time of deposit, rather than “only” when they win a large sum of money. From the description in the OP, this appears to be one of those situations.

We think that this is a reasonable way of doing things, although we accept that sometimes we are not perfect: we use many such situations to learn and improve our processes. We want to minimise the inconvenience to innocent players, and want to get them back at the tables for all the reasons described above.

Sincerely,

Michael Josem

PokerStars Communications Team
Unfortunately no.
Well that sucks!!

Why don't I see you or Debbie under Bob pajich's friends list, nor any other mod on CC???
He has a hand full of friends, not one on CC

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J

jmbtsb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a few flaws in this post, 1st PS did not get the OK, to be in PA till 2019.

True, did not mean to give any impression otherwise. 'Levanez' was about PS, not PA PS. The REAL company name used in pa is 'TSG Interactive US Services Limited'. Their license was in conjunction with 'Mount Airy #1 LLC'.

kidkvno1 said:
2nd that user name does not show any 2+2 user threads coming up, unless you would be willing to post a link to that thread, since my browser is not showing any links in this thread. The link that I seen is gone.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...ter-first-deposit-cant-get-money-out-1512077/

Michael Josem is the name of the PS rep on two plus two, maybe he can help you disprove my allegations more effectively.

What you call PS is part of Flutter Entertainment, Flutter owns PS, TSG Interactive US Services Limited, etc. They are all part of the same company. Their application material, which you can look up and check yourself with the link I already provided, clearly spells this out. The Pa PS security people are the same ones that run security checks for ALL pokerstars related entities.

kidkvno1 said:
Why don't I see you or Debbie under Bob pajich's friends list, nor any other mod on CC??? He has a hand full of friends, not one on CC

Bob already has some of this material and seems extremely capable of verifying the rest. Whether he is on your "friends list" or not, he might be someone you can enlist to disprove anything I post on your forum.

While you were doing your fact checking, did you see any posts on this forum that might be relevant? Before starting this thread, I tried a search on the forum but my crude attempt to search for posts with both 'pokerstars' and one of 'wife', 'married', or 'marriage' showed nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why don't I see you or Debbie under Bob pajich's friends list, nor any other mod on CC???
He has a hand full of friends, not one on CC
Bob is a writer for our CC News team.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While you were doing your fact checking, did you see any posts on this forum that might be relevant? Before starting this thread, I tried a search on the forum but my crude attempt to search for posts with both 'pokerstars' and one of 'wife', 'married', or 'marriage' showed nothing.
While it's true I don't see everything that's posted, I don't recall seeing anything of this nature posted here.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. It turns out a rather funny situation on the one hand, and not at all funny on the other hand. Of course it's embarrassing. It would be cool if my wife opened a poker account. But I probably would have been banned as well.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't matter if it's your wife,brother,sister,friend,tenant,lover? if you want to have 2 accounts in the same house/apt,it's a gamble,,, and it looks like it came up craps,,,, :deal:

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True, did not mean to give any impression otherwise. 'Levanez' was about PS, not PA PS. The REAL company name used in pa is 'TSG Interactive US Services Limited'. Their license was in conjunction with 'Mount Airy #1 LLC'.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/...ter-first-deposit-cant-get-money-out-1512077/

Michael Josem is the name of the PS rep on two plus two, maybe he can help you disprove my allegations more effectively.

What you call PS is part of Flutter Entertainment, Flutter owns PS, TSG Interactive US Services Limited, etc. They are all part of the same company. Their application material, which you can look up and check yourself with the link I already provided, clearly spells this out. The Pa PS security people are the same ones that run security checks for ALL Pokerstars related entities.

Bob already has some of this material and seems extremely capable of verifying the rest. Whether he is on your "friends list" or not, he might be someone you can enlist to disprove anything I post on your forum.

What I'm saying, there are how many accounts with the same info for passwords and other Q's PS did not lock down the account, if did not have a very good reason for doing so.. The other guy stopped posting after the PS rep posted, and the PS rep posted 2 more times and got no reply back. If the guy was telling the truth, he would of reply'ed back to the PS rep vs not posting. Why do I think you had more then one account on PS, even an account on PS.com, vs using that account and making a new account on PS.pa can end up with the same problem, it's even worse if your wife also had an account before back Friday..

I log into PS.com and it points me to switching over my account over to PS.pa, using the same user name and password, making a new account, is listed as having a 2nd account under PS rules.. So did you have an account at PS before BF, If so you should of used that login info, vs doing up a new account.
You don't know about the amount of people that post about doing just that!! PS.pa PS.net PS.com PS.nj PS... are all the same site!

I did a search on PS in google about this and turned up crap, and it was not just in PA, but word wide

Bob is a writer for our CC News team.
Wow, he has a very small friends list, I thought you would of been in his list, unless you can hide friends? I've not been online that much :eek:

J

jmbtsb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So did you have an account at PS before BF, If so you should of used that login info, vs doing up a new account.

Wife never had a regular PS account for real money or play. The only acct she tried to open with PS was with PA PS on 4/11/2020.

I had a real money account with PS before the fed nonsense on black friday. That account was "jmbtsb". When PA PS opened for applications, I initial tried to get my old username back, it did not work. Instead, I settle for jmbtsb1.

May I suggest you try running sharkscope on both of these usernames for background on at least my tournament play for PS.

As for play money account, I do have one that is probably still active. However, AFTER I was verified and playing under jmbtsb1 on PA PS, I sent support an email asking if I could get my play money balance transferred to jmbtsb1. PS said "no, these are two separate accounts".

Why? We used to run a home game through PS.net and we would keep records of who won how much as well as who had the most play money. We did weekly tournaments etc. When most of us got our PA PS real money accounts, we stopped the play site usage.

And before you even ask, NO WE DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM OR ACCUSATION OF CHEATING FROM PA PS. Why? because the our group made sure we never sat at the same ring game or in the same SNG if less than 45 people. Again Why? Because we asked PA PS if we could play at the same tables without getting in trouble. PA PS told us that the usernames from our club membership should not sit at the same ring tables and should not be in the same tournaments if the tournament had less than 45 people registered. It was, for my memory, awhile ago so it might have been 27 people or more (3 table SNG).

[/QUOTE]I did a search on PS in google about this and turned up crap, and it was not just in PA, but word wide.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I too have only found the FB posts and the one two plus two post. This "hill" I make my stand on my very well be just a clump of dirt on the ground (ie no pattern of bad behavior)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wife never had a regular PS account for real money or play. The only acct she tried to open with PS was with PA PS on 4/11/2020.

I had a real money account with PS before the fed nonsense on black friday. That account was "jmbtsb". When PA PS opened for applications, I initial tried to get my old username back, it did not work. Instead, I settle for jmbtsb1.

May I suggest you try running sharkscope on both of these usernames for background on at least my tournament play for PS.
That site will not show any play money games!!

As for play money account, I do have one that is probably still active. However, AFTER I was verified and playing under jmbtsb1 on PA PS, I sent support an email asking if I could get my play money balance transferred to jmbtsb1. PS said "no, these are two separate accounts".

Once you're wife did up an account, it set off the red flags, on you having 3 accounts.. I can have my play money, put to my account, from what stars had sent to me an a email, No I'm not digging into a year's worth of emails to post it!!
Why? We used to run a home game through PS.net and we would keep records of who won how much as well as who had the most play money. We did weekly tournaments etc. When most of us got our PA PS real money accounts, we stopped the play site usage.
WE??? Wait, you just said your wife did not play, before PS.PA, so which is it ???? None else is buying this BS, you just listed all of the BS, that I wanted you to list.. WE is listed as me and my wife, or some other cheater, since we can't view play money chips won or lost
And before you even ask, NO WE DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM OR ACCUSATION OF CHEATING FROM PA PS. Why? because the our group made sure we never sat at the same ring game or in the same SNG if less than 45 people. Again Why? Because we asked PA PS if we could play at the same tables without getting in trouble. PA PS told us that the usernames from our club membership should not sit at the same ring tables and should not be in the same tournaments if the tournament had less than 45 people registered. It was, for my memory, awhile ago so it might have been 27 people or more (3 table SNG).
Lets read the TOS,
One Account Only. A User may only have one Gaming Account with the Services and shall only use the Services using such single Gaming Account. It is prohibited for a User to open multiple accounts with Provider on the Services. In the event that Provider becomes aware of additional accounts opened by a User on the Services, Provider may close any and all accounts without notice and may confiscate funds held in such accounts.
Once your wife opened an account, they seen your other account, and locked them all down! This is not the first time someone has admitting this happening to them, an old account came to bite them in the a$$!! How can you not remember your old password and account, unless you lose the data to that account, but if you've have logged into a new account, from the same PC or Laptop, they know you are lying about it... Reg keys in your computer, will give it away..

And lets look at this rule!
Authority. Provider and the PGCB retain authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of Users’ accounts on the Services and you agree that any dispute related thereto shall be made in accordance with Provider’s procedures and regulations of the PGCB and this Agreement.
The state can keep you from playing, for having more then one account.. You can't file suit on PS, when it's the PGCB that blocks accounts.

I'll say it again, you have to prove the accounts, and if the PGCB finds you have to many accounts, they will lock down your accounts.

You're not listing something, that took place, too which I just pointed out.

You just got called out!!!

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure if the matters are connected but I just happened to read this immediately before your thread...

Two People One Computer-Possibly Banned

Might be the kind of thing you're looking for but might be elsewhere in the world rather than PA... :dontknow:

J

jmbtsb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You just got called out!!!

For what, telling the truth?

You cannot search sharkscope for play money activity. I did not give you my play money user ID because I do not know what it is anymore. I only gave you real money IDs for me, which are searchable. The real money ID I had before the Feds shut the site down is no longer open and does not and did not affect my ability to open a real money account on PAPS. I would think that PAPS would have access to the list of PA players pre-black Friday. Especially if your unintelligent assumption that you can only have ONE ACCOUNT BETWEEN REAL AND PLAYMONEY.

Yes, less than truthful one. You are allowed to have an account on paps.com as well as ps.net, which I do. PAPS knows this at least by virtue of me asking to transfer my playchips and did not say a word about it. ps.com is the site the US Govt shut down, if you think my username and account on that site somehow is stopping me from having a username and account on PA PS than good luck in life. You are going to need it.

The court case has a number and a plaintiff, these are searchable and verifiable to those who bother to look (assuming you know the basics of searching on the internet).

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
**admin edit: removed text**
This is slightly hyperbolic.

I can understand your frustration but we're not PokerStars... :smile:

CardsChat is a helpful, friendly and welcoming community.

As a community guide I am technically part of CardsChat's 'welcoming committee' and do not feel like I have harassed you at all! :p

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. Sorry for posting my response but I needed one more post to get full account access on this site.
No worries, it seemed relevant and you're welcome! :icon_thum

I verified at Stars with my passport years ago (before being allowed to withdraw) then last year after my passport expired they asked me to verify again and claimed they had no record of me having ever sent in my passport previously even though I'd been withdrawing for years.

They obviously weren't being entirely truthful and I couldn't help but laugh at them really...

Because Stars are going to let an account holder withdraw many times over without ever insisting they verify? Ok, sure! Sounds like something Stars would do! :laugh:

The only thing that would surprise me is if they haven't covered their backsides via the beauty of a big juicy legal team and reams and reams of T's & C's...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For what, telling the truth?

You cannot search sharkscope for play money activity. I did not give you my play money user ID because I do not know what it is anymore. I only gave you real money IDs for me, which are searchable. The real money ID I had before the Feds shut the site down is no longer open and does not and did not affect my ability to open a real money account on PAPS. I would think that PAPS would have access to the list of PA players pre-black Friday. Especially if your unintelligent assumption that you can only have ONE ACCOUNT BETWEEN REAL AND PLAYMONEY.

Yes, less than truthful one. You are allowed to have an account on paps.com as well as ps.net, which I do. PAPS knows this at least by virtue of me asking to transfer my playchips and did not say a word about it. ps.com is the site the US Govt shut down, if you think my username and account on that site somehow is stopping me from having a username and account on PA PS than good luck in life. You are going to need it.

The court case has a number and a plaintiff, these are searchable and verifiable to those who bother to look (assuming you know the basics of searching on the internet).
So is it one account or 3 accounts??? 1 account real money @PS.com, 2nd account play money account @PS.net and 3rd account is a PS.PA account??? odds are you got blocked for having 3 accounts under your name.

Post a screen shot of every Email, of what you said and what they said, Back it up with proof:joyman:
The guy on 2+2 got nailed for cheating, to which you pass up about that post too!!
Also that post was back in 2015, and has nothing todo with 2022, he dropped out just as fast, at posting to that thread!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!
I have not read all the answers to your post, but, for example, most sites do not welcome multiaccounts.
The first thing I would think about is that you most likely have one IP address, residential address and surname. I think the problem would be any two people living together: brothers and sisters, parents and children, even just neighbors (living, for example, in a communal apartment). They would all have the same IP address and residential address, and maybe a surname. Such users would arouse suspicion from the security service and this is normal.
In this case, I do not agree with your statement about discrimination of married couples - it can be any of the people described above. And the reason in my opinion is not that you are a married couple, but that both accounts had the same IP address, residential address and even last name. And it is the conscientious work of the employees to check it.
Perhaps it was just worth contacting the support service before registration and clarifying: what should you do so that both of you could play. I think it would save you from the problems that have arisen.

I remembered such a fact. In 2013, I signed up for Pokerstars. There were a lot of freerolls at that time. After a while, my husband also registered (the data is still the same: IP address, residential address). We played in the same tournaments. Then I didn't play for many years. In 2018, I played a bit and took a break again. I recently invited him to play. He logged into his account. It's not frozen. But he can no longer play for money: the reason is unknown. Since he's not particularly interested in poker, he didn't do anything.

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!
I have not read all the answers to your post, but, for example, most sites do not welcome multiaccounts.
The first thing I would think about is that you most likely have one IP address, residential address and surname. I think the problem would be any two people living together: brothers and sisters, parents and children, even just neighbors (living, for example, in a communal apartment). They would all have the same IP address and residential address, and maybe a surname. Such users would arouse suspicion from the security service and this is normal.
In this case, I do not agree with your statement about discrimination of married couples - it can be any of the people described above. And the reason in my opinion is not that you are a married couple, but that both accounts had the same IP address, residential address and even last name. And it is the conscientious work of the employees to check it.
Perhaps it was just worth contacting the support service before registration and clarifying: what should you do so that both of you could play. I think it would save you from the problems that have arisen.

I remembered such a fact. In 2013, I signed up for Pokerstars. There were a lot of freerolls at that time. After a while, my husband also registered (the data is still the same: IP address, residential address). We played in the same tournaments. Then I didn't play for many years. In 2018, I played a bit and took a break again. I recently invited him to play. He logged into his account. It's not frozen. But he can no longer play for money: the reason is unknown. Since he's not particularly interested in poker, he didn't do anything.

He is not listing something, and won't post the emails from PS..

We have 3 accounts, that have the same IP, PS never had a problem with it, even cashing out they did not have a problem with it, what proof I sent PS about who I was, was fine with them. Poster has left something out, him not coming in and posting a reply to any other posts just proves it..

For all we know, he could of been on PS.pa and found a way to play out of state, and got nailed on doing so.. Poster has not posted in any other threads, most who are in the wrong, do just that. He would of posted this on 2+2, to get the PS rep on 2+2, but since he did not, it's giving up a red flag, I would not be shocked, if he was a scammer!!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
He is not listing something, and won't post the emails from PS..
We have 3 accounts, that have the same IP, PS never had a problem with it, even cashing out they did not have a problem with it, what proof I sent PS about who I was, was fine with them. Poster has left something out, him not coming in and posting a reply to any other posts just proves it..
For all we know, he could of been on PS.pa and found a way to play out of state, and got nailed on doing so.. Poster has not posted in any other threads, most who are in the wrong, do just that. He would of posted this on 2+2, to get the PS rep on 2+2, but since he did not, it's giving up a red flag, I would not be shocked, if he was a scammer!!
I read the comments later and the situation is really strange. However, I will refrain from making any accusations. In our time, absolutely anything can happen. And I've already stopped being surprised by anything.:hmmmm:
Thank you for responding to my comment.:flowers:

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like it's easier to apply for a credit card than it is for couple to apply to Pokerstars in PA.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read the comments later and the situation is really strange. However, I will refrain from making any accusations. In our time, absolutely anything can happen. And I've already stopped being surprised by anything.:hmmmm:
Thank you for responding to my comment.:flowers:
There was 3 people in this house playing for real money, when we could play on PS.com. I emailed PS and asked about it, and they had no problem with it, just as long if we got into the same game that it be 45player or bigger and as long as we did not chip dump or soft play or fold hands that should be played.
I started using a new/used laptop and PS locked down my account, even tho I could only play with play money, I did all of what PS asked for and I was back into my account.

PS will do this to ones who have more then one account under their name.

PS is even willing to change my state so I can play on PS.com, and not have it take me to PS.PA.

I always go to the TOS and post them, he did not even point out some of the TOS, that I pointed to him.

He may even be on a black list from the PGCB :dontknow: The PGCB can have any account locked, and PS must do so.

Your welcome:D

PokerStars Reviews: Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Dansk, Italiano, Español, Polski, Norsk, Português, Svenska - PokerStars Mobile - Deutsch Mobile - PS Casino