Merge will no longer allow Player to Player transfers

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're always cutting pay, somewhere along the line are'nt they.
That guy that investigates all the crap his job is gone lol!!!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I helped create a bit of confusion yesterday, I just tried to p2p and it says it is unavailable across the Merge network.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting tidbit form CalvinAyre.com today:

"Fresh off the news that the Merge Gaming Network had decided to curtail P2P transfers among players on the network, America’s Cardroom has spotted an opportunity. The member of the US-facing Winning Poker Network has announced it’s increasing daily P2P transfer limits from $100 to $1,000. Weekly limits have been raised from $250 to $2,000 and monthly limits have gone from $1,000 to $5,000."

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soooooo merge going down? should I withdrawl?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As to why this is happening, here's an interesting POV titled "What is really going on at Merge?" http://goo.gl/Pz93N

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As to why this is happening, here's an interesting POV titled "What is really going on at Merge?" http://goo.gl/Pz93N

That is a must read for many who are worried about Merge. Dan Druff/Todd Witteles is a well-known respected Poker Commentator. I can confirm many of the issues he mentions, especially as regards poaching (ie offering higher than max rakeback) of accounts by Merge Skins such as Feltstars, Lock, others

Thank You for the link

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Imagine going into a Starbucks and getting a coffee. Instead of paying the cashier, you pay a guy to pay the cashier, and of course he takes a cut. Starbucks would move to crush this practice. In the process, Starbucks would be creating a situation where paying a guy to get your coffee and pay for it, could be seen as part of the original problem they thought needed a solution.
So does that mean like waiters & waitresses should be abolished?
Imagine going into a coffee shop where they actually have waitresses?
ZOMG!! The restaurant is allowing them to make a buck on their product/food & sheee-ite. Once customers catch on to this I can see it as a HUGE problem!!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://goo.gl/Pz93N

This link is must reading and should supersede all the rumor mongering we have all engaged in throughout this thread.

It may not be completely accurate, but it reads as if it is way more accurate than the rumors reported ITT.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Clicking that link yesterday ended up taking about 6hrs of my day lol. I was just sucked into article after article. First that article, then on to more 'Dan Druff' articles, leading to Jennifer Larson articles (quite shady), which finally brought me to some 87 pg thread at 2+2 on Jim West (new Lock pro, super shady).

All good reads but I'll never get that time back :p :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clicking that link yesterday ended up taking about 6hrs of my day lol. I was just sucked into article after article. First that article, then on to more 'Dan Druff' articles, leading to Jennifer Larson articles (quite shady), which finally brought me to some 87 pg thread at 2+2 on Jim West (new Lock pro, super shady).

All good reads but I'll never get that time back :p :D

Yea - I had to put the brakes on even though it was a very tempting trail.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the link, I decided to withdraw my carbon funds anyway but that was mainly due to lack of traffic and issues with the software I have. Interesting read all the same and brings some points about certain sites to light that have been sort of revealed due to some shady things I have read, its like the rabbit hole that site lol.

R

RedBloodedAmerican

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can thank the U.S. Govt for that!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the link, I decided to withdraw my carbon funds anyway
So did I. (from BCP too). 5 days & counting...
Withdrew on other sites (iPoker) at same time, one was less than 24hrs., the other less than 48.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So did I. (from BCP too). 5 days & counting...
Withdrew on other sites (iPoker) at same time, one was less than 24hrs., the other less than 48.

Being in canada, what is the average delay from BCP or any other particular Merge skin. In California, I am at about 45 days and it still shows pending.:(

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Being in Canada, what is the average delay from BCP or any other particular Merge skin. In California, I am at about 45 days and it still shows pending.:(
:eek:

Last time I withdrew from Merge, I did so from both BCP and Carbon (6 days apart) back in august. BCP took 9 days and Carbon 4 days. Both withdrawls using skrill (Moneybookers).

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those withdrawal method are not available to us in the US.

Check withdrawal is all that was open to me. However, there is a rumor that if I deposit 4 or 5 times using WU (min $200 each time) I could get WU withdrawals.

Funny, cuz Skrill is legal in California, or at least it is licensed here, and in many states.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Those withdrawal method are not available to us in the US.

Check withdrawal is all that was open to me. However, there is a rumor that if I deposit 4 or 5 times using WU (min $200 each time) I could get WU withdrawals.

Funny, cuz Skrill is legal in California, or at least it is licensed here, and in many states.
Yeah, I'm sure it's anything but easy for you guys in the US. I've never requested a withdrawal through check, so I wouldn't know how long it would take to get it here, sorry I can't help you there.

I remember Skrill (Moneybookers) was available in the US maybe 2-3 years ago, but the online poker US scene has been getting increasingly difficult.