Merge will no longer allow Player to Player transfers

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uhm, does this only apply to Black Chip Poker, or Merge in totality?

Guess I'm gonna start opening some Merge rooms and checking it out.

EDIT: Don't see the transfer screen in Carbon or RPM. This is the writing on the wall, people. If I could wager on it, I'd bet that Merge and Revolution are going down, won't be around past middle of 2013. Merge can't take credit cards? Only the most hardcore people deposit via Western Union. Obviously Merge and Revo know about the markets on places like 2p2 where people trade money. People outside the USA can buy Merge at 75% or whatever, play through the rollover, and then cashout through Skrill/Moneybookers. Merge and Revo obviously have a cash flow problem (e.g. no one is depositing!!!)

It apply's to all Merge rooms.
??? they make their cash from the Rake.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No big deal, I couldn't sign up to a Merge site anyway because I'm American.

Merge is signing new American Players. It is more likely you could not sign up because you are a New Yorker...

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One other small possibility in the P2P transfer situation:

Merge recently has been cleaning up in areas that involve Merge Skins like Feltstars, BCP, others that were offering special rakeback deals to volume players above and beyond the maximums set by Merge. Many of these same players (and others) were using P2P to "bank" funds back and forth and turning it into a profit-making business for the players who were charging a minumum 20% vig on each deal.

Its possible once everything is cleaned up, that Carbon Poker and others may open P2P back up, especially with Carbon moving to new cashier system. Only some time will tell.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the option to transfer in the lobby on BCP.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is sad. My wife had to end her backing deal due to this :(

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Merge recently has been cleaning up in areas that involve Merge Skins like Feltstars, BCP, others that were offering special rakeback deals to volume players above and beyond the maximums set by Merge. Many of these same players (and others) were using P2P to "bank" funds back and forth and turning it into a profit-making business for the players who were charging a minumum 20% vig on each deal.

Its possible once everything is cleaned up, that Carbon Poker and others may open P2P back up, especially with Carbon moving to new cashier system. Only some time will tell.
That's what i was thinking.
Tho with it blowing up on 2+2 i think P2P transfer's will comeback.:ridinghor

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I too wonder why this has happened, I will make a guess.

One of the sticky points that UIGEA dealt with was the funding of terrorist groups, and it did it by forcing Draconian regulations and prohibitions on US citizens and Banks. Their thinking seems to be that poker players will fund folks intending to do harm to US institutions.

Since we in the US can not easily withdraw our funds from the few remaining poker sites that still serve us, that thinking goes a few steps further to prevent us from p2p xfers to those outside the US, where these paranoid 'thinkers' believe the majority of terrorists exist.

With banking regulations over the years making it harder and harder to move money around in any/many ways, (the $10K limit when on vacation for example), someone somewhere is exerting pressure to clean up these last remaining loopholes in how much control the government uses to prevent unseen money handling. On the one hand they want to make money movement as transparent as possible, while on the other hand they create situations which foster sneaky money movements.

So, my guess involves some outside influence (DOJ?) suggesting that by thwarting p2p xfers, these sites will lesson the wrath that the US gov could bring to bear on these sites.

But it is just a guess.......:confused:

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

But if the money is segreagated what does it matter people can spend their moneyas they want, if paying20%is acceptable, who is merge to say what people can and cant do. Either way they are getting their rake money and the other money should be like they dont even know it exists cause they are not using it. HMMM or are the using it and couldnt pay out everyone if they withdrew tomorrow

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But if the money is segreagated what does it matter people can spend their moneyas they want, if paying20%is acceptable, who is merge to say what people can and cant do. Either way they are getting their rake money and the other money should be like they dont even know it exists cause they are not using it. HMMM or are the using it and couldnt pay out everyone if they withdrew tomorrow

Imagine going into a Starbucks and getting a coffee. Instead of paying the cashier, you pay a guy to pay the cashier, and of course he takes a cut. Starbucks would move to crush this practice. In the process, Starbucks would be creating a situation where paying a guy to get your coffee and pay for it, could be seen as part of the original problem they thought needed a solution.

Somehow it works with the Laws of Unintended Consequences.:confused:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually even if they have every cent of player money in an untouchable account, it's still in their best interest to make that money stay on site as long as possible. The longer it's there the more chance there is that it gets put into play to generate more rake.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes sense, would make more sense if merge was a little quicker on the cashout end. Its like were gonna cut the head off one snake so that we are the only snake. I got what yall are saying though

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They really want US players to chip dump to Euro players.

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Deposits or Transfers eh?

I bet the traffic on the site dries right up.

Things just keep getting worse for the US player

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend just transferred me a buck to see if this was true.... I'm a dollar richer now! ;)

:evil:

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how long until merge goes down as a whole? I give it 6 months. Get your money out, I'd say. Their traffic has been falling at a very fast rate. Most likely... most of the skins have your money in seperate accts and even if they went down you'd be fine... but you never know. You never know anymore. If you're willing to risk whatever you have on merge that's fine but if not at least take out what you're unwilling to lose.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Merge may be in Australia, which is one day (date) ahead of us in the States.

I say may be because I am not sure.

The date may be more critical than we think.:eek:

Just tried a p2p from my BCP account to my Carbon account....no joy...

Last edited:
quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the abundance of crap thats been happening lately, it feels like both sides have the crosshairs on U.S. players. Frustrating us right out of the game is what it feels like! (wow, did I just pull a Yoda quote) :eek:

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe they (Merge) feel like if they stop player to player transfers that it will make them a lesser target of the DOJ down the line. Just my thoughts

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Merge may be in Australia, which is one day (date) ahead of us in the States.

I say may be because I am not sure.

The date may be more critical than we think.:eek:

Just tried a p2p from my BCP account to my Carbon account....no joy...
Transfers between Merge sites have never worked so nothing to see here.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought I heard somewhere Carbon is attempting to disassociate themselves with Merge cashier after this happened.

Is there any truth to that?

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I heard somewhere Carbon is attempting to disassociate themselves with Merge cashier after this happened.

Is there any truth to that?

Yep. it's on 2p2. They are moving to the Jazette cashier on Monday night. This was supposed to happen on November 1, but there is a delay. According to a post made by Carbonryan, deposits and withdrawals will be vastly improved for customers once the move to the new cashier is complete. Once this happens, I'm going to withdrawal almost everything I got on there when the new cashier is available. The online poker climate in the US really sucks and I feel like now is a good time to take the money and run!

I never deposited so the cashout is like a bonus to me. I'm hoping to get it in a month or less. The part I'm very happy about is I'll be using my winnings on a December Vegas trip!!