Losing connection while playing

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you would have to have a plan b or some alternative, if new happens. It's frustrating and hopeless, maybe that hand you lose could make a difference, try to play when you think you have a stable connection, I don't think it's a problem in the poker room, but your internet provider.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had this problem many times. As the years go by, the amount of time that it takes
to get up and running seems shorter which is a good thing. Its just part of the game though. There is always live poker if you wish to avoid disconnection. However , its not easy to find
a live poker game where you can play in your underwear and smoke weed!! Haha

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's very pissing off but probably everyone has that problem sometime.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi guys

I just want to hear about other people's experinece with losing internet connection while playing.

I just played 4 tables on Party and while im in a couple of hands I lose connection and get kicked out of all 4 tables. It has happened before and ofcourse it is always just as I have a good hand and have money on the table and I just lose them. I immediatly checked my internet and opened my homepage no problem but PP said it was not at their end the problem was.

Is this a more common problem with certain sites compared to others or does it happen from time to time on all sites?

I was having that problem on 888 quite often for awhile. They have been very good about returning my tournament fees if not in the money yet, but it still sucks, especially if you're sitting pretty and know you're going to cash well.
They also had (have?) some weird glitch that sits you out, and you have to log out and back in to sit in :s If you're multitasking, you might not notice for a couple hands. It's very frustrating to be sitting there connected, and not be able to play your hands.
With all the money they're making, you would think they could fix some of this stuff. 888 also has a nasty habit of sudden "updates" in the middle of your game with NO prior notice.
How can they just let everyone pay to sit at tournies knowing they're going to shut down for an update? I think that's practically theft... really gets me riled. They need to start letting players know when updates will be happening. How hard is it to send a mass email or something? *grumbles*

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They also had (have?) some weird glitch that sits you out, and you have to log out and back in to sit in :s If you're multitasking, you might not notice for a couple hands. It's very frustrating to be sitting there connected, and not be able to play your hands.

The glitch, I have noticed, is in SNAP tournaments. If I sit out in one of these due to timing out in a hand, then I can not sit back in again. I need to close the table, go in the tournament lobby and click on "seat me" to get back in the action. This is a bit annoying, and since the SNAP tournaments are not important to me, I am just going to avoid them from now on, unless their is a new promotion or something.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure everyone who's played online poker at some point has experience an internet outage weather they're playing casually, for real money or on the final table of a huge tournament. I myself have had many internet outages in the course of playing online poker. I use Spectrum internet service and their general maintenance time is after midnight. I have learned to be wary of this sitation due to them doing random maintenance monthly. There have been multiple cases where I would get an outage and come back to being blinding out of mtt's. Quite a tilting situation but that's what bankroll management is for, weather you run bad or have an internet outage you have the roll to back those issues. Good luck.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it always happens at the worst time. But that's what we think. We still have this problem when we're not playing poker, but we don't care.
Anyone playing online poker must accept this. You can be prepared for uninterruptible power supply, mobile internet, but it is still annoying.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dear friend.
Never trust them 100%. This is something they enjoy that you have no way of getting a concrete answer and never explain. If it continues to occur and they do not respond, do not use this room anymore.
NOTE: my opinion!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are other network providers in the chain between the site and your computer. Therefore, it happens that a certain location does not work and the poker table freezes. This happens at 888 Poker, in the ipoker network, poker house.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's been a long time since I lost my connection. but even with the temp. I can not forget the time when I was on a big tournament with AA before the bubble. I was on the flop when it happened to me with 60% of my stack on the spot. when my connection came back I lost my chips and because of this incident I failed to reach the bubble. I still cry today and do not wish that to anyone.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

I just want to hear about other people's experinece with losing internet connection while playing.

I just played 4 tables on Party and while im in a couple of hands I lose connection and get kicked out of all 4 tables. It has happened before and ofcourse it is always just as I have a good hand and have money on the table and I just lose them. I immediatly checked my internet and opened my homepage no problem but PP said it was not at their end the problem was.

Is this a more common problem with certain sites compared to others or does it happen from time to time on all sites?

Hmmm I never get disconnects on America's Cardroom.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The glitch, I have noticed, is in SNAP tournaments. If I sit out in one of these due to timing out in a hand, then I can not sit back in again. I need to close the table, go in the tournament lobby and click on "seat me" to get back in the action. This is a bit annoying, and since the SNAP tournaments are not important to me, I am just going to avoid them from now on, unless their is a new promotion or something.

The glitch was in all MTTs for me, and I recently spoke with someone at a table who was trying to figure out how to play because the game had her sitting out and she couldn't fix it.
I can't really remember if it happened in the SNGs. It's been awhile..

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Huge shoutout to person who digged in archives ans thought it's great idea to bring 7 year old thread back to life :cool:

Anyway i've lost connection couple times during playing ... it hasn't sent me to panic mode though although it has happened sometimes while playing in some rooms which need wifi-connection such as 888 lol ...

T

thelossdoctorTX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing tonight on ACR in 3 MTT.

Only 1 out of the 3 tables gets disconnected and it's the 200K touney when I have KK and flop a set with two callers.

It did not start my timebank and my other two tourneys are still running no problem.

I call ARC immediatley and they said there was no reported issues and the problem was on my end. How can the problem be on my end when the other two tourneys are still running?

The whole process from getting effed in a huge hand at critical point through customer service stank bad

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_172801.jpg
    IMG_20200303_172801.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing tonight on ACR in 3 MTT.

Only 1 out of the 3 tables gets disconnected and it's the 200K touney when I have KK and flop a set with two callers.

It did not start my timebank and my other two tourneys are still running no problem.

I call ARC immediatley and they said there was no reported issues and the problem was on my end. How can the problem be on my end when the other two tourneys are still running?

The whole process from getting effed in a huge hand at critical point through customer service stank bad

Hi, please send us a private message with your screen name and the tournament ID number or name and Hand ID number to further assist you.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened a few times on pokerstars. Onces i had kings and it was annoying because it was a big pot i missed. Once i had jacks when connection failed and afterwards i was happy not to be in the pot because one of the opponents had kings. Sometimes more, sometimes less terrible. :)

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened to me a few times, this one time I remember playing in a tourney and I started very well in the first 10 mins, I was cheap leader by a distance and then connection went off for about an hour an half and when I got it back I found myself in the money in the tourney with almost the average stack. Lovely.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the site you use has a App, make sure you have that.
If the connection on your laptop/pc fails, you can play on your phone.
Even if you have a connection it helps to switch off the wifi for a second.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost connection couple of times during playing on pokerstars.......and was 100 % not my internet problem........because the others sites worked out very well....it is ugly when it happend..........but how allways i say.......i repeat.....it is ONLINE..........that means .....everything is possible........all the best

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was also such a problem playing several tables, I could not restore the connection for a long time, when I went back, I flew out of all tournaments with a loss of money. Now I don’t play more than two games for a session.

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always leave your phone charged and with 4G on to route when this happens

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems difficult to get a stable connection from PokerStars ever since they've updated their software several months back..

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the advice i can give is when you lose connection never ever look what hands u got before.Most of the times is AA,KK,QQ :p

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It It happened to me too. And it's funny because it it haps when you have reallay good cards