Lock pocker - theft and fraud

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard they are close to end... Atm they can give players money only from new deposits... So good luck guys...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Won some money in a CC freeroll and was actually thinking of building a small roll on there. But it looks like it's game over.

New software = investment
Bad reputation = low traffic
low traffic = low amounts of rake
low traffic + bad reputation = less chance of pros and winning regs playing on lock = low rake
low rake = low income for lock
low income = low amount of money they can set "aside" for people's withdrawals...

good game

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone expect your money to be gone. All we can hope for is that someone buys lock and cleans up the mess lock left for them.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone expect your money to be gone. All we can hope for is that someone buys lock and cleans up the mess lock left for them.

and why would anyone buy them?

Massive loyal player base? No
Massive competitor in the market? No
Innovative software? No

gg lock

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard they are close to end... Atm they can give players money only from new deposits... So good luck guys...

where did you hear this? any links?

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and why would anyone buy them?

Massive loyal player base? No
Massive competitor in the market? No
Innovative software? No

gg lock

It wouldn't be a good start, but maybe a fresh start they could get into a network like Yatahay, equity, Revolution, or even Merge.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wouldn't be a good start, but maybe a fresh start they could get into a network like Yatahay, Equity, Revolution, or even Merge.

they just left the Revolution Network

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i can dig out link..

common sense would suggest that they are screwed unfortunately.. Oh well, looks like the CC freeroll there is pointless for me to play, even though I enjoyed it and came 7th first time I played there...

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well that is the most optimistic outlook I can hope for. The one we have now, we have customer reps guaranteeing our money, but we will never see a dime of it.

N

Nicomachus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They got me for 2k cashout. As of about 4 months wait now. Ponzi yes possible. Will I bad mouth a site trying to recoup themselves in a time where they hold all my cash in my account detiriating new players and traffic to their site so they deff close down and go bankrupt and I lose all my funds for good 100%? I will not. :)

Although I would love to get my money out, I don't want to get paid at expense of countless others getting defrauded. Publicizing these crimes is the right thing to do in my opinion. The sooner these crooks go out of business, the better.

hopedieslast

hopedieslast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that sucks I just put 1.25$ into thousands of dollars in 6 days grinding massive hours of nonstop play in .1/.2plomaha and .10/.20plomaha....I've now become a regular at lock....I get no payout? I have been playing poker to get 0$ if I profit, I thought this was a capitalist game? people told me u just gotta wait 8 weeks and u can request a check for free?

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This does not bode me well for me. Not that I have a lot of money in there. Only $235 which has been more entertainment than anything. And most of that has been from a couple of good scores in tournament play. But since they left Revolution, I haven't been able to use tracking software and while not a huge thing but does affect where I want spend my time playing poker.

I think it's time to start the withdrawal process...assuming I can get my money.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are getting even worst...They were processing withdrawals for European players until recently which means that they are totally broke atm. I'm waiting for my cash to be processed 3 months now and i'm quite sure that it's not gonna happen, cause they needed like a month or two before...

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock seems to exist in a closed system and they can only survive if new money comes in.

However a very few uninformed players will deposit there. Lock could use that money to pay some people to get the word out that they still pay players.

However they will probably not pay big amounts, they will only pay multiple small amounts to get as many people possible telling "they got paid".

If I had money on Lock I would try withdrawing the smallest amount possible and see how it goes.

But this would be just a desperate attempt to get anything out of Lock.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
^^^ Definition of a Ponzi Scheme lol

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simply put lock has been creating too much virtual money at this point for them to EVER IMO get out of the mess they have themselves into. Sure they are raking games, but raking virtual money is still only virtual money in their account which still can't pay players from.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lock seems to exist in a closed system and they can only survive if new money comes in.

However a very few uninformed players will deposit there.

simply put lock has been creating too much virtual money at this point for them to EVER IMO get out of the mess they have themselves into. Sure they are raking games, but raking virtual money is still only virtual money in their account which still can't pay players from.

yah. you don't make something from nothing. (0% of 0 = 0 )
Looks like they're still giving away free 'fake-money' in hopes of having some of those folks play on their fake-money tables, likely in an effort to draw in a few more unsuspecting depositors.
pathetic.

mrh2u

mrh2u

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock is a very shady site. I have a couple friends that live near me that have played there and both say the same thing about it. one of them tried to withdraw months ago and he still hasn't heard back

don't deposit or play on Lock unless of course that is the only site that you like lol but i doubt that. Bovada is the place to play for us in the USA

K

KcWick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a small withdrawal almost 8 months ago and i am still waiting for it. What I don't understand is why reputable sites like cardplayer still promote lock poker.

Last edited by a moderator:
eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I made a small withdrawal almost 8 months ago and i am still waiting for it. What I don't understand is why reputable sites like cardplayer still promote lock poker.

Hate to go back to my kid days to make a point, but back when I played Little League, you would see billboards of different businesses along the fence of our baseball fields. It was nice seeing those, as it showed who supported Little League in our community.
When I hop on the Lock poker site, I see the private forum freerolls. It shows me who supports the Lock poker sites. I make it a habit to support the forums who promote my favorite poker sites. Currently the only forums promoting Lock are The Impromptu, PBJ Time and TFIF. I do not see Cardschat out there, although I played in a Cardschat $200 private freeroll this past Sunday. Is Cardschat getting rid of their $200 freeroll on Lock poker?