Lock pocker - theft and fraud

T

Towerflower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock is slow and old, not to mention the same 5 people are playing the same tourneys day in and day out. Same with cash tables. Lock is not only a bad choice to make a deposit, there's simply no competition, even on weekends. Some of the other, smaller sites have membership shortcomings, but lock is a ghost town. 100%. Cards are pretty soft, though, can't complain about that. Winning hands and cashing out are totally different things, anyway.
No. If there are no cashouts(like on Lock), then it is much easier to win hands, because people play like it is play money! :p

C

CrushTheBookie

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really never was a big fan of lock poker played a few times then got rid of it juicy wasn't all that bad but i no longer have that as well bovada not big on there skin as well...

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play at Juicy. just because i have a couple hundred bux there. started with 0 won some forum freerolls way back when it was cake, built a nice bankroll, and even cashed some cake checks. then player traffic declined and for whatever reason , i was migrated to juicy stakes, hmmm are we just sheep being herded around?. there are never more than 800 people on the site, everyone knows everyone else's game. $100 withdraw fee, what a joke. anyway, it passes time, i get practice, with real money i dont have to deal with as much donkness, and who knows it might end up in a high traffic network again someday

C

chs2051

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never made deposit on lock,thank goodness,won 109 ticket, played tournament and won 285 dollars in oct. cashed out, still waiting for money, not even email response. GUESS THEY DONT PAY NEW PLAYERS EITHER.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I understand this, I was thinking this freeroll was too unreal when I first came across it(It's a 2,725$ prize pool, free entry, 3 nights a week).

I won a $135 ticket on July 27, 2013 I then used it shortly after & final tabled the tourney, winning $1,700.00 I had actually received a couple withdrawals just before this (with the help of Cardschat admin. 'dakota'). There were still a handful of players getting paid at this point but payouts in general were getting very slow.
I put in for my withdrawal on Oct.2nd for ~$1,750 (actually keeping a few hundred on the site.... mostly just to make it look like I'd keep playing on Lock when in reality I just REALLY wanted to squeek a last withdrawal out of them).

I never received it. I stopped playing on there in Dec.2013. I only played on there enough to keep up an image that I was playing in hopes of getting paid. What a waste of time.... but I didn't know it at the time.

The difference is now > You DO KNOW it! Anytime spent on Lock is not even the same as playing playchip games because as Semper stated above, it creates an image to others that the site is still in business ... when the only business they are in is to try to steal more money from people.

intents09

intents09

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, I hadn't looked at it that way and I'll be avoiding them for now until something changes, if it does.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The difference is now > You DO KNOW it! Anytime spent on Lock is not even the same as playing playchip games because as Semper stated above, it creates an image to others that the site is still in business ... when the only business they are in is to try to steal more money from people.

Right, I hadn't looked at it that way and I'll be avoiding them for now until something changes, if it does.

LOL, intents09. I already said what PO said:

2. I am not angry about the Lock situation at all. I just don't think anyone should be supporting their Ponzi scheme in any way.

-HooDooKoo

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. If there are no cashouts(like on Lock), then it is much easier to win hands, because people play like it is play money! :p

It's safe to say that gameplay on lock poker is relatively moot. Plenty of other decent options. And hey, if they really do play it like fake money, I'm in!

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are things going along Tower?

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lock Poker Changes Name, Logo, Entire Brand to Extended Middle Finger

online poker’s most scandal-plagued room is embarking on an unprecedented branding experiment.
Lock Poker is undertaking a complete overhaul that will see the room replace their name, logo and myriad other elements with a fully extended middle finger.
“We wanted an identity that spoke to exactly how we view our customers,” said Lock Poker CEO Jen Lawglum. “And we couldn’t think of a better way to do that than a firm, proud, right-in-your-face middle finger.”
Lock reportedly owes players in excess of $1 million in unpaid cashouts.
In addition to the brand name and logo, nearly all elements of Lock’s online poker room will be replaced with a middle finger, including:
  • Chips and cards, including card backs, shapes and rankings and images on the card face.
  • Graphical overlay elements such as the numbers used to display pot size and chip stacks.
  • And, of course, every single user interface element in the cashier.
An exclusive preview of the new Lock Poker:
new-lock-poker-table.jpg

A number of other branding themes were considered, according to Lawglum.
“We thought about an image of feces being flushed down a toilet, but realized players might not get that the feces represented them and not us,” said Lawglum.
Also Read: LOCK POKER INTRODUCES “WE’RE NOT BROKE” BONUS.

.... This might not be 100% fact based, but from what i've read, it ain't far wrong!

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont have a lock acc and from the sound of things i never will thx for the head up i was not aware of the situation with them

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wish they would just close the site if they dont have any intention of paying the players, and if they do plan on paying the players they should communicate the plan

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock Poker Changes Name, Logo, Entire Brand to Extended Middle Finger

Online poker’s most scandal-plagued room is embarking on an unprecedented branding experiment.
Lock Poker is undertaking a complete overhaul that will see the room replace their name, logo and myriad other elements with a fully extended middle finger.
“We wanted an identity that spoke to exactly how we view our customers,” said Lock Poker CEO Jen Lawglum. “And we couldn’t think of a better way to do that than a firm, proud, right-in-your-face middle finger.”
Lock reportedly owes players in excess of $1 million in unpaid cashouts.
In addition to the brand name and logo, nearly all elements of Lock’s online poker room will be replaced with a middle finger, including:
  • Chips and cards, including card backs, shapes and rankings and images on the card face.
  • Graphical overlay elements such as the numbers used to display pot size and chip stacks.
  • And, of course, every single user interface element in the cashier.
An exclusive preview of the new Lock Poker:
new-lock-poker-table.jpg

A number of other branding themes were considered, according to Lawglum.
“We thought about an image of feces being flushed down a toilet, but realized players might not get that the feces represented them and not us,” said Lawglum.
Also Read: LOCK POKER INTRODUCES “WE’RE NOT BROKE” BONUS.

.... This might not be 100% fact based, but from what i've read, it ain't far wrong!

This is too funny

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holy chit man lmao. I come to this thread every once in a while i thought this one was amusing. Not so much now but still funny stuff- well at least- how bout not so funny stuff. ******* Lock lmao or maybe to make a post for the count lmao Yup good for at least one post a month on this thread lmao later gl gl on the tables folks!

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are things progressing Tower?

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting developments on the Lock front.

Go to the 2+2 Lock thread and read the last 10 pages (or so) of updates:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...aits-updated-frequently-1359432/index227.html

There is almost certainly never going to be any material financial settlement (it's pretty much been confirmed that the money is gone), but people are hot on the heels of Jen Larson and her associates and it's just a matter of time until they get caught.

-HooDooKoo

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The elusive Jen Larson on the right (courtesy HAC in 2p2 thread)

ygv2SvI.jpg

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is another pic of her posted in this thread on page 11 on November 25. She still looks like a Bond villian

J

jjjones

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do lock poker tournements work? Do i need to be logged on at the start?

If i buy into a tournament and im not logged in will it remove me or will it simply check/fold me until im out of chips. Im looking to enter a tournament but it looks like ill be at work during the start time, but ill be able to join after about 15 minutes.
I assume, since its real money, they wont kick me off, but idk, anyway i figured i'd ask
-Thanks in advance

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
See my response in your other thread. Lock is a scam, and a complete waste of your time.

-HooDooKoo

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please tell me you did not deposit real money on Lock Poker.

J

jjjones

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha

I haven't yet, and based off your two posts i probably wont but, id still appreciate an answer to the question; do they allow you to start in a tournament if your not logged in.
Thank you for the warning though--i was unenlightened until about 2 minutes ago...being the trusting person i am.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody will answer your question because nobody plays there.

They only steal money and never pay anyone.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Debi is right. No one will answer you. Lock is, basically, a Ponzi scheme.

STAY AWAY. END OF STORY.

-HooDooKoo