How many people thinks ACR rocks?

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a fan of americas cardroom, they have come a long ways in the last 5years. what does everyone else think. I am sure there is a wide variey of opinions.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For one reason or another I have ended up playing on ACR more than any other site since I joined Cards Chat - in fact CC is the sole reason I joined. Subsequently, it has ended up being my biggest earner.

One aspect I really like is their player representative is always on top of any issue Cards Chat members bring up. They work hard at it and the sense you get is that employees like working for the company. I get a similar impression from GG poker but other sites don't project that vibe at all.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been played on that site for 3+ years, for a while it was the main one. Nowadays, I don' play on that at all, sometimes open it to see what silly changes they made again, how the player pool is getting smaller and smaller and play maximum very micros just for fun....

My 2 main issue, they changed all their tourneys to 8max or less without notice, so no full ring - except multisng and freerolls...

2nd - partly the reason why i said, okay the enough is enough - they started to change even the structures and randomly deleted tourneys, cut back guarantees (I partly understand that, if they do it by common sense, but they don't) basically they don't have a single tourney what runs every day of the week with same structure/same gtd/same time on micro/low level.... how do they expect keeping regs, getting new ones like this????

just today, opened the lobby, let's see the "structures", next to that they have much less tourneys compare a year ago, looks like they are creating specific structures for each of one they left + the annoying 4-5 hours late regs (same size tourneys last 2-3 hours longer max till the end in any other sites than their late reg...):

Starting chips Blind levels Late reg

50K / 6 min / 20 levels
20K / 12 min / 15 levels
20K / 8 min / 15 levels
25K / 5 min / 24 levels
40K / 12 min / 15 levels
10K / 12 min / 15 levels
35K / 15 min / 16 levels - one of sickest
12K / 5 min / 12 levels
2,5K / 5 min / 9 levels
2,5K / 10 min / 12 levels
50K / 3 min / 30 levels
10k / 5 min / 18 levels
5K / 12 min / 15 levels
10K / 12 min / 12 levels
40K / 5 min / 15 levels
200K / 10 min / 12 levels
250K / 10 min / 12 levels
5K / 15 min / 12 levels
15K / 8 min / 15 levels
25K / 15 min / 20 levels

that's just 20 different one, what i quickly found within half day, basically every 2nd tourneys have totally different structure, plenty simply unplayable, had to be very selective, especially plenty of these even with blind level time changes, some point at the tourney, some not even once.. (total crazy) KOs. Compare to the 20-25+ tourneys/day, what was okay for me a year ago, only daily 2-3 left, i won't even open the lobby for that, when almost any other rooms have better offers... don't mention the crashes, especially after "updates"......

generally pretty disappointed to the direction where they are heading, i am already see how big burn down will be their staking option.... nobody will buy any to unlimited rebuy tourneys with 4-5 hours late regs, where 30-50% of the enrties are re-entries.... nothing special reason, but i really curious who finds out these unannounced changes, and who says, it's amazing!, let's do it!!!!!!

Nowadays i prefer partypoker/GG(n8),

however GL!, maybe one day, they will turn back to the poker direction...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Love the site. If you are any good at the game you will have fun there.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bring back Doyle's room, but ACR is worth playing..

ACR was born as Doyle's Room, which I had a lot of fun at. WPN(Winning Poker Network) bought out Doyle's Room, and they run Blue Chip poker site, as well.
ACR is worth playing, I like the variety of games, Omaha, not just hold 'em. Also, you can play Cardschat free-rolls at the site.
I give ACR a thumbs up.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR was born as Doyle's Room, which I had a lot of fun at. WPN(Winning Poker Network) bought out Doyle's Room, and they run Blue Chip Poker site, as well.
ACR is worth playing, I like the variety of games, Omaha, not just hold 'em. Also, you can play Cardschat free-rolls at the site.
I give ACR a thumbs up.

Love the site. If you are any good at the game you will have fun there.

For one reason or another I have ended up playing on ACR more than any other site since I joined Cards Chat - in fact CC is the sole reason I joined. Subsequently, it has ended up being my biggest earner.

One aspect I really like is their player representative is always on top of any issue Cards Chat members bring up. They work hard at it and the sense you get is that employees like working for the company. I get a similar impression from GG poker but other sites don't project that vibe at all.

I am a fan of americas cardroom, they have come a long ways in the last 5years. what does everyone else think. I am sure there is a wide variey of opinions.

We appreciate your warm words, loyalty and preference with our poker site.

Valuable players just like you are is what the poker world needs:angel:

Best of luck at the tables!

ACR Rep

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
love how I suggested more hold'em free rolls than just Sunday now they have 2 -3 days of hold'em free rolls rather than 6 days of omaha hi-lo. Show ACR listens too their clienetele, now ACR is my fav poker rooms..

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this is a good site. I like most of the tournaments that are held there, especially our daily freerolls. Over the last month, I have already formed a small bankroll.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ACR was born as Doyle's Room, which I had a lot of fun at. WPN(Winning Poker Network) bought out Doyle's Room, and they run Blue Chip Poker site, as well.
I give ACR a thumbs up.

Oh man I used to love Doyle's Room. The celebrity bounty tournaments were amazing. I even used my point to order a sweet coin inlay chip set. I'm not a fan of modern ACR but I did used to play there quite a bit because, well....US options.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think WPN is the worst out of all the options for American players. The only decent things it has going for it is the traffic and the freerolls. Other than that it's one frustrating update, change, or bug after another.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just glad I have a place to play stud and stud hi/low as well as O8 for real money. Decent tourneys for those as well although I wish the rebuy/late entry wasn't so far into the tourney.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the only poker room I frequent and I am happy with my experience over the years. The presentation is clean and works for me. The variety of games and the traffic the site receives makes it so that there is always something to my liking at various stakes. Sure the options for Americans are limited but there are definitely worse and less reliable/secure options out there, so I'm glad to make ACR my online poker home.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man I used to love Doyle's Room. The celebrity bounty tournaments were amazing. I even used my point to order a sweet coin inlay chip set. I'm not a fan of modern ACR but I did used to play there quite a bit because, well....US options.

yeah... got some bankroll at Doyle´s that was transferred to ACR, it was always fun to play there.
After black friday ACR was a nice addition it seems.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR

ACR is the only cardroom I play at at the present.. They have a wise variety of cash table games at all ante's. Also like thier sit & go line up.

GL ALL :D

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice room overall
i don't like the long late registration
registration 4 hours at micro-limits is nonsense

S

StuLovesLemons

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New to ACR but it’s fun so far and the freerolls are a nice bonus.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly the best place we Americans can play, and I am extremely thankful for ACR being there for us.

Having said that, I was lucky enough to have played on poker stars back in the day, from the Moneymaker boom (2003 wsop Main Event) right up until that fateful day - Black Friday, April 15, 2011 - when our damn US Federal Government stepped in and took away our freedoms and our right to spend our entertainment dollars as we saw fit. That's the day it all ended for us. It still makes me sad, because Poker Stars was - and always will be for me - the best poker site in the world. They offer ALL the games (even my beloved Badugi!), and the tournament field sizes (and thus, the prize pools) were ENORMOUS. It was poker heaven on Earth.

ACR does quite well for themselves, their software upgrade of a few years ago made a MASSIVE difference, they are now getting much closer to the level of Poker Stars, but they still only offer a minimal selection of game types - there is no HORSE and no 8-game, for instance... and their field sizes are decent but still nowhere near what Stars was (or still is) in their heyday.

My opinions obv.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For player from the United States, it's probably currently the best choice out there as far as online poker is concerned. It definitely has improved over the years and continues to bring plenty of action compared to other choices.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good site for playing poker, I would not say that it is unique, it has its pros and cons, like all poker rooms.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can tell the team puts a lot of effort , I like the structure of the tournaments and I like the room in general. I like the graphics and all that eye appealing stuff but I would prefer it to be lighter as an application. I used to like the previous version of ACR much better mainly because it as way lighter compared to the current one.

As many other players I don't like the super extended late registrations and I find it unacceptable for a room to have bugs in their hand histories(they still have those bugs as far as I know).

Just my honest feedback :)

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can tell the team puts a lot of effort , I like the structure of the tournaments and I like the room in general. I like the graphics and all that eye appealing stuff but I would prefer it to be lighter as an application. I used to like the previous version of ACR much better mainly because it as way lighter compared to the current one.

As many other players I don't like the super extended late registrations and I find it unacceptable for a room to have bugs in their hand histories(they still have those bugs as far as I know).

Just my honest feedback :)

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your observations to the relevant teams. Good luck at the tables! /

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are happy to have you on board, good luck at the tables

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love this ACR this pity I never had a decent bankroll to play with!