• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Hacking attempts

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
So far no attempts were made towards my account. However, we must remain vigilant. Wherever there is money, there is always somebody looking for ways to steal it.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its been 20 years on ps never had this issue ,sometimes they send me a code via email cause i use vpn so they see another location .thats all

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A friend told me half a year ago, I went into my account and found that money had disappeared from the account. There's a couple of bucks left. Going into the mail associated with the account, I found that there were logins to the account from different IPs from other countries. I didn’t find anything at the checkout of the history of withdrawals / transfers, but after requesting the history of the game, everything became clear. Some bastard got access to the account and lost all the money on NL100 and NL200.
The password was not simple and did not match the mail password, i.e. hacking an account by hacking mail is excluded. The data did not shine anywhere and, except from their devices, did not enter the account anywhere. There were no additional authentication methods (as it is now clear, in vain). The amount was not large, about $ 100, so not a catastrophic loss, but still. And here is also an interesting point - there have never been any drifts, I played a little on the stars, the login did not shine anywhere. How did you get into your account and why Stars did not react to the password guessing in any way.
Thanks, useful information. I think that if you have a decent bankroll, you definitely need two-factor authentication.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if my account is hacked, I will lose so little that I won't think about it for a second:ROFLMAO:

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
its been 20 years on ps never had this issue ,sometimes they send me a code via email cause i use vpn so they see another location .thats all
Just curious ...how is this not an issue when you withdraw ? You're not allowed to use ficitonal location. Guess you never withdrawn anything ^^

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess I would need something in my account to make it worth while hacking 🤣 but no not had this experience and I hope you’re safe and secure

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I guess I would need something in my account to make it worth while hacking 🤣 but no not had this experience and I hope you’re safe and secure
Yeah I rarely have much on it as well. 😁

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
a few years back, (I made post here in CardsChat about this issue), my PS account got hacked.
They tried to blame me, but I am IT Tech, and my laptop and all pc's & laptops in my home are pretty much safe, but my account in PS got hacked and someone withdraw some money from my account.
I've got email about withdrawal and tried to login but was unsuccessful then I reset my pw over the email link and got in, then report what I saw.
So, this russian fella hacked my account and few others and he got some money withdrawal attempts to his skrills account, and after me and few other reports, they block my account and those funds, and after 3-4 days they send me back my money and got me access to my account.
Then they suggested to update my security to pw and pin, which I did right away.
So, all in all, I am very pleased with PS and their customer service.

On a side note, if you didn't setup extra security, like pw and pin, do it right away, will be much safer for you.

I hope the other side will do like PS did.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I had this issue pretty often at the end of the last year. At the moment not so much anymore.
I usually changed my password afterwards and I am using strong passwords for this in a password manager.
I also withdraw frequently on PS, so I do have not too much money there, just for any case.
I just keep so much usually there, what I might use for several games to play, that I want to play or regularly play.
So if I want to do a shot on a $215 MTT or play several SNGs on my usual $10 limit, I will not need to deposit instantly,
when it is running not so well for me. But usually, I withdraw down always to around $200.

In my opinion, it is stupid, that your screen name is the same as the login name there. Therefore, anyone can bother you
by trying several passwords with your screen name.
Of course, you can do the 2-factor authentification, but somehow this is also bothering me a bit.
Especially here in germany, it is bothering you like hell, because PS is logging you off in less than one hour of inactivity.
I think they should do this also optional somehow.

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I had this issue pretty often at the end of the last year. At the moment not so much anymore.
I usually changed my password afterwards and I am using strong passwords for this in a password manager.
I also withdraw frequently on PS, so I do have not too much money there, just for any case.
I just keep so much usually there, what I might use for several games to play, that I want to play or regularly play.
So if I want to do a shot on a $215 MTT or play several SNGs on my usual $10 limit, I will not need to deposit instantly,
when it is running so well for me. But usually, I withdraw down always to around $200.

In my opinion, it is stupid, that your screen name is the same as the login name there. Therefore, anyone can bother you
by trying several passwords with your screen name.
Of course, you can do the 2-factor authentification, but somehow this is also bothering me a bit.
Especially here in Germany, it is bothering you like hell, because PS is logging you off in less than one hour of inactivity.
I think they should do this also optional somehow.
In december I won 4figures and I wanted to withdraw but I had to wait a week until I could ..
Each day they only released a little bit of my winnings to withdraw.
Did that happen to you as well once ?🤔
I looked it up in the FAQ and apparently it's for fraud prevention ...

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In december I won 4figures and I wanted to withdraw but I had to wait a week until I could ..
So far I had no problems with withdrawing. Usually, the money is taken right away here from the balance.
But yes, it can take a few days, which is not the problem in my opinion.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
So far I had no problems with withdrawing. Usually, the money is taken right away here from the balance.
But yes, it can take a few days, which is not the problem in my opinion.
I got no problem with waiting for the transaction to be completed either but it kinda sucks to wait a week before you can even order a withdrawal...
I suppose it depends on the amount you wanna withdraw

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I got no problem with waiting for the transaction to be completed either but it kinda sucks to wait a week before you can even order a withdrawal...
I suppose it depends on the amount you wanna withdraw
Ah, okay, now I get you, this I had not so far. Yes, I also think it has to do with the amount and the time after winning.
So far I have never been there over 4 figures, I just collect some and then withdraw frequently.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
But is there a real 2-factor authentication like getting a one time pin per SMS or something?

I only found the option for eMail PIN but you cannot choose it and it also doesn't seem to change frequently? 🤔

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
But is there a real 2-factor authentication like getting a one time pin per SMS or something?

I only found the option for eMail PIN but you cannot choose it and it also doesn't seem to change frequently? 🤔
yes, I have this option here:
Sms security

I think, it should be this and work like this, or not?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Ah no, maybe not, maybe it is only when they detect some irregularities about your account. Not sure, I thought it would
be the 2-factor auth, honestly. I never tried it so far.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Ah no, maybe not, maybe it is only when they detect some irregularities about your account. Not sure, I thought it would
be the 2-factor auth, honestly. I never tried it so far.
I only checked the mobile App before and there it's definitely missing.

But nice option. Doesn't seem to be the full 2-factor-authenticiation, as you said. At least it's not working with me.

Maybe only if someone tries to login from a different IP range or country, idk.

At least I activated it. But it seems to disable the PIN?

Something I have to look into again with a fresh mind tomorrow. :LOL:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I only checked the mobile app before and there it's definitely missing.

But nice option. Doesn't seem to be the full 2-factor-authenticiation, as you said. At least it's not working with me.

Maybe only if someone tries to login from a different IP range or country, idk.

At least I activated it. But it seems to disable the PIN?

Something I have to look into again with a fresh mind tomorrow. :LOL:
Let us know when you found out more. :)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
look at this issue from other side, if someone hack your account and tried to move your money, then it would not be possible, so you have plenty of time to stop it, and react to get your money back.
Am I right or am I right??
lol
I kind of like that.
Relly, better to wait a bit and be safe.
You got your money, right, they didn't stop your withdrawal, just slowed down a bit.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
don't know guys! but I have such a login and password that I myself sometimes score it! the Pentagon is probably easier to hack than me)

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
I was not attempted to hack on PS but on GG! I got the message that several attempts were made to log into my account and for this reason my account is blocked!? I sent an email to gg to which they replied that I: a) Nickname
b) date of birth
c) the last deposit method used
d) to send a selfie of you with your ID. and last but not least I should change my PW which is really funny because it didn't work so my PW must be good why change it? That hasn't happened to me in all my years at PS and I think it's really bad service from GG to give the customer so much work just because some idiots are trying to log in or maybe it was just a mistake. So I will no longer do this work because the verification process was already a disaster at GG. the whole thing happened yesterday i'm so mad :( has anyone else had such an experience on GG?

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Did any of you experienced hacking attempts in your PS account?
In the last 2 months 3 people apparently tried to hack my PS account
I know this because Pokerstars send me one time Pins for security after failed login attempts..
View attachment 323631
Omg I cant even think about that possibility. The security system apparently works thought... It ended everything right?
I change my password every 2 weeks.