houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Use the two authentifications Factor to avoid that, after enterring your password they will ask you for your 6 digit codes it's more safe since the hacker need not only the password but also the authentification code :D

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Use the two authentifications Factor to avoid that, after enterring your password they will ask you for your 6 digit codes it's more safe since the hacker need not only the password but also the authentification code :D
Yes I will definetly do that. And that's exactly what pokerstars did. They sent me a 6 digit code for logging in . But that's only a one time code

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes I will definetly do that. And that's exactly what Pokerstars did. They sent me a 6 digit code for logging in . But that's only a one time code
Nice, Btw it's on your account Details you can add more security options :D

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
One thing to think about is that even though some third party software is allowed by Stars during play they still might increase security risks.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
One thing to think about is that even though some third party software is allowed by Stars during play they still might increase security risks.
I don't use any Apps during poker session.
But yes I can see why this might be a security risk.
One more reason for me not to use one

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just changed my password on pokerstars today, I generally don’t recommend having the same passwords in mail and in poker rooms .. although it’s convenient

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Did any of you experienced hacking attempts in your PS account?
I don't know if it was really tried on me, but I received the same email from PokerStars yesterday night
I haven't experienced it (for now) but maybe that's the reason why PS performed maintenance few hours ago. Maybe it was on their side...

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I haven't experienced it (for now) but maybe that's the reason why PS performed maintenance few hours ago. Maybe it was on their side...
Yes could be that last night there was a hacking attack on multiple user accounts, so they enhanced security.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I personally did not have this, let all the hackers work on your account:Lol: Just kidding, this probably happens when you enter the password incorrectly, or maybe someone decided to try to hack you but it will be very difficult

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I personally did not have this, let all the hackers work on your account:Lol: Just kidding, this probably happens when you enter the password incorrectly, or maybe someone decided to try to hack you but it will be very difficult
Yes gladly PS' security measures are quite solid

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not happened to me, but I think that's unffortunely common. My Steam account had several hack attempts, and I didnt had that very much money (something like 0,33 US). With a tough bankroll in PS account, that might be far more dangerous...

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Not happened to me, but I think that's unffortunely common. My Steam account had several hack attempts, and I didnt had that very much money (something like 0,33 US). With a tough bankroll in PS account, that might be far more dangerous...
One of the reasons I never leave substantial sums on my PS account.
Main reason is my gf wants the money on our bank accounts lol

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember once after winning more than $1,000, I also received emails about attempts to log in to my account from different countries. After changing your email address and improving account access, this stopped.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes, you don’t have to worry about your account, nothing will happen to you, the strongest pokerstars protection protects you, so they are responsible if you are hacked, you will ask him, especially since your girl is a lawyer, if she kicks their asses:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
look, I laughed at you today and now I went to pokerstars and it happened to me the same way as yours, your hackers are now working on my account:LOL:

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 8
kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Did any of you experienced hacking attempts in your PS account?
In the last 2 months 3 people apparently tried to hack my PS account
I know this because Pokerstars send me one time Pins for security after failed login attempts..
View attachment 323631
Yer naughty that, one of my mates who plays on stars get so that continuously. That pin Is your lifeline as attempts can be made on your account from either your email or user name. May I ask if you have had any attempts on any of your social media or you get fake dating site stuff to you email spam folder?

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well'I never experienced those hacking attempts and I hope I never will. But yes it can be careful to change the password and improve the access conditions.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Yer naughty that, one of my mates who plays on stars get so that continuously. That pin Is your lifeline as attempts can be made on your account from either your email or user name. May I ask if you have had any attempts on any of your social media or you get fake dating site stuff to you email spam folder?
Course , lots of scam mails but I never opened one . They are pretty obvious luckily ^^

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Course , lots of scam mails but I never opened one . They are pretty obvious luckily ^^
Just inquiring to other potential connections to your activities. Would be easier to fine line in discovery the source of the intrusion. If you’ve had no such security attempts elsewhere, it’s likely to be a player from this forum or another that’s poker related, scam attempts leave Hansel and Gretel breadcrumbs, you just need to deconstruct what’s there to see

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Just inquiring to other potential connections to your activities. Would be easier to fine line in discovery the source of the intrusion. If you’ve had no such security attempts elsewhere, it’s likely to be a player from this forum or another that’s poker related, scam attempts leave Hansel and Gretel breadcrumbs, you just need to deconstruct what’s there to see
It could have been literally anyone . All they need is my username and they can start pw guessing

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was hacked once in my PP account. I lost $50, at least I didn't had much money there. PP didn't done anything about it, like probably all rooms. I changed my pass and add the 2-step verification. PS offers a security token on their vip store and I would definitely buy the token if I was a regular player on PS.