G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Did any of you experienced hacking attempts in your PS account?
In the last 2 months 3 people apparently tried to hack my PS account
I know this because pokerstars send me one time Pins for security after failed login attempts..
Screenshot 2023 02 08 13 08 02 610 comgoogleandroidgm edit

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't know if it was really tried on me, but I received the same email from PokerStars yesterday night

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like someone got to your e-mail, and took a chance, it could also be a leak from some other service you use, where you have e-mail and password stored, if you use Google check your password settings there.

like this…Security

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So far I haven't experienced that.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Looks like someone got to your e-mail, and took a chance, it could also be a leak from some other service you use, where you have e-mail and password stored, if you use Google check your password settings there.

like this…Security
No not to my email..they Just needed my username and tried to get in .If they got access to my email their hack would have been successful,( cause then they would have gotten the security pin)which it wasn't ^^

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I don't know if it was really tried on me, but I received the same email from PokerStars yesterday night
Wow yeah it was also last night for me.
It sure was when PS says there were several failed login attempts.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should increase the security of your account by setting up 2 step verification.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has not happened to me yet, lets hope all their safety measures work.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
You should increase the security of your account by setting up 2 step verification.
Probably ..I wonder what the goal was..
Cause they can't withdraw, only my bank card is registered for that and they only can play with my funds If they are also Austrians, otherwise the account would be suspended immediately

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Probably ..I wonder what the goal was..
Cause they can't withdraw, only my bank card is registered for that and they only can play with my funds If they are also Austrians
Maybe they could do a P2P transfer?

Just a guess because I don't know the requirements for that

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
ya i know one of my friend also had same issue and his funds were gone , they did asked him to change the pw n its under investigation

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips

Good point that could probably work . They never asked for additional validation whenever I have sent people money. Still ...would also only work with an Austrian IP and Pokerstars detects all kinds of VPNs usually

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Good point that could probably work . They never asked for additional validation whenever I have sent people money. Still ...would also only work with an Austrian IP and Pokerstars detects all kinds of VPNs usually
Not entirely sure but I think there are some members here using a VPN/proxy on PS successfully.

So I wouldn't bet on them not being able to get around those restrictions.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Not entirely sure but I think there are some members here using a VPN/proxy on PS successfully.

So I wouldn't bet on them not being able to get around those restrictions.
Yes might be.. so my paranoia pays off . That pw is veery long 🤣 think I will be fine .

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes might be.. so my paranoia pays off . That pw is veery long 🤣 think I will be fine .
length is not everything. 😜

1234567890abcdefghijklmnop is probably not very safe. 🤣

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A friend told me half a year ago, I went into my account and found that money had disappeared from the account. There's a couple of bucks left. Going into the mail associated with the account, I found that there were logins to the account from different IPs from other countries. I didn’t find anything at the checkout of the history of withdrawals / transfers, but after requesting the history of the game, everything became clear. Some bastard got access to the account and lost all the money on NL100 and NL200.
The password was not simple and did not match the mail password, i.e. hacking an account by hacking mail is excluded. The data did not shine anywhere and, except from their devices, did not enter the account anywhere. There were no additional authentication methods (as it is now clear, in vain). The amount was not large, about $ 100, so not a catastrophic loss, but still. And here is also an interesting point - there have never been any drifts, I played a little on the stars, the login did not shine anywhere. How did you get into your account and why Stars did not react to the password guessing in any way.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

P2P Not allowed on PS anymore.
but they could lose on purpose to another playe in Hu f.ex

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P2P IS allowed..they just excluded some nations from that feature
Exactly. As so many other things its national regulations. sweden is one of those countries, which dont allow it, so its not available to players in Sweden on any of the regulated sites, that operate here. Just like freerolls and other rewards are also not available.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Exactly. As so many other things its national regulations. Sweden is one of those countries, which dont allow it, so its not available to players in Sweden on any of the regulated sites, that operate here. Just like freerolls and other rewards are also not available.
So unfair ..not that severe but austria is excluded of the Chest challenges since this month. Shame I regularely completed redemption points for 2 chests a month . Was a great way to get the rake back

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Did any of you experienced hacking attempts in your PS account?
In the last 2 months 3 people apparently tried to hack my PS account
I know this because Pokerstars send me one time Pins for security after failed login attempts..

Thanks for the heads-up

Well, its certainly not a good idea to link up with you via video, to play poker.

You're a security risk!