FTP "Take 2" is back with a $25 bonus

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take 2!

tks cap! i saw it today on their promotion page! i always take advantage of those deals! fairly easy to clear! just have to remind yourself to earn 5 points a day and play 2 tables at one time! gl to you!;)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does it matter if you are already working off a bonus?

I can't find anything in the terms n conditions about not being able to take part if you have another bonus on the go so im presuming i'll be able to opt in.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to confirm for anybody else, you can take part in take2 even if you have an outstanding bonus to clear, just registered myself there, free moneyzzzzz!!

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if this is the best bonus I've ever seen, but it may be the oddest.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yessss! Of all their promos, this might be the easiest to get 25 off of. 5 ftps a day 9 days in a row from multitabling cash/rush tables, shouldnt be hard at all!

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely love Take 2. FTP should do this every month.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't the last "Take 2" promotion a $50 bonus?

Not only did they lower the amount of money they're giving out but they raised the amount of FTP's you're required to earn.

Hmmmm :confused:. Oh well, it's free money I guess.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is 5 points PER DAY.

(play the 2x or 3x happy hour and it's a breeze)

2x or 3x Happy Hour bonus points do not count towards your 5 FTPs. So if you are playing during a 3x Happy Hour and watching the FTPs you would need to earn 15.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I played 5NL at two tables, how long would it take to make 5 ftps? Really just 2.5 I think, since FT gives you double.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I played 5NL at two tables, how long would it take to make 5 ftps? Really just 2.5 I think, since FT gives you double.

Yes FTP gives you double your FTPs, but that bonus does not count towards your 5 FTPs a day. Well atleast it didnt last Take 2.

swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2x or 3x Happy Hour bonus points do not count towards your 5 FTPs. So if you are playing during a 3x Happy Hour and watching the FTPs you would need to earn 15.

Yep, seconding this - happy hour points are also considered bonus points, and do not count towards the 5 FTP goal.

Pretty stoked for this one, I cleaned up on the last $50 bonus without any problems. This is great for uNL players. :)

swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been 2 tabling .05/.10NL Rush poker tables and making over 200 pts a day easy. And with them giving out double FTP's, that mini Cooper is even closer than before!;):D

Very nice on the points - how long do you 2-table for at those stakes to get 200 FTP? I know it goes fast even at the low levels, but that's pretty sweet. :)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice on the points - how long do you 2-table for at those stakes to get 200 FTP? I know it goes fast even at the low levels, but that's pretty sweet. :)

Not really sure, but I would put it around 4 hours or so. And I've made as much as 350 pts in a day by playing this much during the Happy Hours.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes FTP gives you double your FTPs, but that bonus does not count towards your 5 FTPs a day. Well atleast it didnt last Take 2.

I could have sworn that it did. I watched points like a hawk during the last Take 2... and the 2x/3x happy hours really helped at 1/2NL.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well maybe if they did this promotion every month i wouldn have moved over to pstars :p

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could have sworn that it did. I watched points like a hawk during the last Take 2... and the 2x/3x happy hours really helped at 1/2NL.

I think the happy hour bonus counts. The way I interpret FT's promotion, any FTP you make, including via bonus, counts toward the quota.

At least I hope it does. I am gonna be playing 5NL. If it takes too long to make 5 FTPs per day, I am not gonna bother with it. It's only worthwhile if I can get the $25.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's five points!!! It's not hard to get. Jeez, I'm sure you would all just rather FTP give you $25! With this promotion they pretty much are.

I'm sure if they were giving away $25 for nothing, people would still find a reason to bitch.

J

justin306

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice finnally they bring this promo back. Good Luck to everyone who takes part in this.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep breaths champ... deep breaths.

M

masiado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the easiest promo that Full Tilt put up. Good luck and see you at the tables.

K

kingwoody1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all,

:eek: please please help:eek:

I've made a bankroll of about $100 at full tilt but only on freerolling so i'm new to cashtable games :confused:
:questionm So my question is what does it take to earn those ftp bonus points, is it a procentage of the blinds and bettings?

:questionm and second but even more important what kind of stakes would you advice me to earn those points with and why would you advise me that specific stake?

maybe important information to know: I am a reassonably tight player with lots of time to invest and me is very carefull with my precious :D bankroll
for every usefull answer I bow in advance :adore:

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With regards to how many FTP you have to earn per day.I wrote to FT and it is 5 FTP per day for any 5 days and you will earn $5.If you earn 5FTP on all 9 days of the promotion u will get $25:D .

You will also recive double FTP if u are paying in the Take 2 promotion.

Some nice easy money.I will be playing rush poker and all 9 days:D

See u all on the tables and good luck.

Lazmansa:cool:

Lazmansa

Lazmansa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all,

:eek: please please help:eek:

I've made a bankroll of about $100 at full tilt but only on freerolling so i'm new to cashtable games :confused:
:questionm So my question is what does it take to earn those ftp bonus points, is it a procentage of the blinds and bettings?

:questionm and second but even more important what kind of stakes would you advice me to earn those points with and why would you advise me that specific stake?

maybe important information to know: I am a reassonably tight player with lots of time to invest and me is very carefull with my precious :D bankroll
for every usefull answer I bow in advance :adore:

First of all Ring games(Cash tables ) are a total differant game to the free rolls.I dont know what experiance u have had playing cash.If u havent played much cash i would start on the 0.01/0.02 / 0.02/0.05 tables and get a feel for the game.Being a tight player will help.you must be very patient and do not bluff.

Answer to your first question is yes,they work out the FTP on the amount of cash in the pot using a formula.The quickest way to reach 5FTP per day would be playing rush poker but be very patiant and do not limp in to hands. raise it at least 3Xbig blind.

As i said before do not play higher than 0.02/0.05(The lowest u can play when playing rush poker)

Good luck to you mate and please remember -

- Play only solid hands
- patience
- do not try and bluff at micro limits.
- patience
- play within your bank roll
- patienc
- raise at least 3Xbig blind when entering a pot
- patience
- dont be scared to fold hands.
- dont chase hands

Good luck

Lazmansa:cool:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Normal earning rate is 7 points for every $1 of rake you generate. If they're doubling the points during Take 2, then it would be 14 FTPs per $1 rake.

With a $100 BR and following barely adequate BRM, you're only rolled for the micros, 5NL at most (20BI's). So I wouldn't risk playing any higher especially if you haven't played cash games -- cash is a completely different strategy than tournaments, although at those stakes the quality of play is not much different than what you've found at freerolls. My recommendation would be to play very TAG, since most players at these stakes can't find the fold button. Don't chase weak draws or marginal hands, and aggressively bet for value when you have a hand. The good thing about FTP is they work on a dealt rake system, meaning just being dealt into the hand -- even if you fold pre without putting money in -- counts you in the rake distribution. So you can play very tight and watch the fish build big pots against each other and still earn the points.

Points obviously take much longer to accumulate at lower stakes and since I've never played quite that low (started at 10NL 2+ years ago), without researching average pot sizes I couldn't give you an estimate of how much 5NL you'd have to play to earn 5 points. -- I'm sure others here would know offhand though. Note that Take 2 requires playing at least 2 tables, and if you can play more then you multiply your point earnings even more.

EDIT: Bah, Laz beat me to it. Teach me to start a post and not finish it right away. Same advice, essentially.