Endless Rakeback saga at FTP...and other sites'.

J

James Godfrey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are absolutely NO Cons! You should definitely sign up for it, rakeback is essential to any serious poker player.

So will any frequest player points be decuted or anything in order to receive the rakeback?

Plus is it 27% of all rakeback??

Thanks

James

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So will any frequest player points be decuted or anything in order to receive the rakeback?

No, what you probably heard is this: if you use points to buy something on the store, there will be a deduction in you rakeback, i.e., you'll receive a little less in rakeback then you would had you not spent the points. You don't pay anything to get rakeback, it's basically free money.

27% of the rake you generate minus deductions.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks

James
You don't lose FPPs for getting rakeback; however, rakeback will be reduced by spending FPPs, as well as a few other things.

You don't actually get 27% of the rake you pay, you get 27% of the MGR that you generate. MGR is monthly gross revenue which is total rake paid minus deductions. Deductions are for things like bonuses, FPP purchases, tournament overlays, cashout processing fees, etc. You get 27% of whatever is left.

And yeah, rakeback is a must. No serious grinder will do nearly as well without it. Many are actually break-even or slightly losing players who turn a profit thanks to rakeback and bonuses.

EDIT: Thunder beat me too it. Blame my wife for interrupting me. :p

J

James Godfrey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thaks for clearing all this up for me. I have now signed up to rakebackpro's, I guess im one of the lucky ones to be offered it with an existing account.

But with my experience of it, it only takes about a week to get an existing account set-up with rakeback, so long as your FT account isnt affiliated with anyother site.

James

I

ivy1205

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rakeback Question on FullTilt

Hi, I've been reading about rakeback. When I research it, it seems that you have to have a NEW account to get rakeback. I have an old account and want rakeback. Can it be done? Thank you for all your help.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get in touch with rakebackpros, they are FT main RB site. If it can be done, and sometimes it can, they will get it done. If, as in my sad case, it cant, no one will be able to change that.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a look through this thread:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/endless-rakeback-saga-ftp-other-sites-181097/

Contact Full Tilt asking for rakeback, sign up and contact RBPs, wait. Pretty much it. If you signed up to full tilt through an affiliate, either through their direct link or having a cookie on your computer from them you will not be able to get RB. If you went directly to Full Tilts website without having ever been to any affiliate sites you should get it rather easily. It ends up being somewhat of a waiting game, keep asking and be patient.

But once Full Tilt tells you that your account is connected to a non rakeback affiliate your chance of getting RB is less than 0%.

I

ivy1205

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is this site considered a non-rakeback affiliate?

I signed up through full tilt. that's it. these cardschat/pokercurious freerolls are the only affiliation I have (as of something like last week)

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you signed up through this or another site using either a link from here/there or a promotion code then you would be affiliated to this or that site. If you have just posted on here and played some freerolls that does not make you affiliated.

I

ivy1205

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you. I did not enter any promo codes when I signed up for Full Tilt. I'll give it a shot. thanks guys!!

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the same boat as you, signed up at RBP's and had it sorted within a week or two.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think it's worth it to create a new topic for this so:

Has anyone received their rakeback today? I haven't and it has never taken this long...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know if this gives any hope to any of you that are tied to affiliates without rakeback, but FTPDoug mentioned the following in his FTP update thread over at 2p2. Kinda vague and maybe it's related to this new monthly bonus I've heard about, but you might ask them specifically about it.

27. Full Tilt seems to be offering some kind of 27% rakeback to players connected with affiliates. Is this one of the changes Doug was talking about? Will the people who already get rakeback get any extra $$$?

- It's not one of "the" changes (it is, of course, "a" change), and it's not for anyone that already has rakeback through an affiliate.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asking them for it won't get it for you - they will offer to those they want to have it when they get ready is the best I can tell lol.

takethepain

takethepain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a naughty boy, and started a second account on full-tilt about 8 months ago. At the time I didn't know it was bad, or wrong, or against site rules. I had just crashed and burned and felt the need for a fresh start and I had heard a site called poker-strategy that offered $50 free BR and lots of tutorials so I thought I'ld give that a go. Didn't even know what rakeback was and was suprised to get a $1 in my account from them...took me a while to work out what it was.

Eventually I found out that multiple accounts were against the rules, and I eventually got around to confessing to fulltilt (not that it was hard to work out, other than all contact details being the same, the names takethepain84 and takethepain1984 are fairly similar me thinks) a week and a bit ago. Never had rakeback with my original account so thought I'ld try rakebackpros and despite having $0 in my account and not having used it for 8 months, they signed me up and it took less than 2 days to be approved!

I'm sorry to hear all the problems people have had in this thread on getting rakeback, I can't understand why its so easy for some to get it and so difficult for others.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was a naughty boy, and started a second account on full-tilt about 8 months ago. At the time I didn't know it was bad, or wrong, or against site rules. I had just crashed and burned and felt the need for a fresh start and I had heard a site called poker-strategy that offered $50 free BR and lots of tutorials so I thought I'ld give that a go. Didn't even know what rakeback was and was suprised to get a $1 in my account from them...took me a while to work out what it was.

Eventually I found out that multiple accounts were against the rules, and I eventually got around to confessing to fulltilt (not that it was hard to work out, other than all contact details being the same, the names takethepain84 and takethepain1984 are fairly similar me thinks) a week and a bit ago. Never had rakeback with my original account so thought I'ld try rakebackpros and despite having $0 in my account and not having used it for 8 months, they signed me up and it took less than 2 days to be approved!

I'm sorry to hear all the problems people have had in this thread on getting rakeback, I can't understand why its so easy for some to get it and so difficult for others.

What did FT say when you told them? Just curious.

as far as the bolded part of your post, if you sign up through an affiliate, they own your rakeback. And it will not change unless they go out of business. This is my case. I keep the mails to Full Tilt just in case, but if you are tagged, your kinda out of luck.... well, not kinda, .. you ARE SOOL.

takethepain

takethepain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did FT say when you told them? Just curious.

as far as the bolded part of your post, if you sign up through an affiliate, they own your rakeback. And it will not change unless they go out of business. This is my case. I keep the mails to Full Tilt just in case, but if you are tagged, your kinda out of luck.... well, not kinda, .. you ARE SOOL.

They just gave me a standard copy-and-paste reply about how you are only allowed one account and the other one will be closed and please email us letting us know if you want the funds transferred and blah blah blah.

It sucks about the affiliates though. I recon alot of people have been hard done by because they didn't understand rakeback when they first created an account. Stars does it fairer IMO

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've all probably been bit by the affiliate thing, especially those who started way back before RB was as widely known as it is now. Had I joined a forum or looked around first, it would have quickly been obvious. But most of us starting out in online poker just go directly to the site or click the first banner ad we see and just don't think about it.

Stars does it fairer IMO
Stars doesn't do RB, so they're neither fair nor unfair about it. ;)

If you're playing micros, Stars VIP is not going to compare to RB unless you're playing insane volume. For VIP to be lucrative you have to play enough volume/stakes to maintain the higher VIP levels month to month, and if you ever manage to reach SN or SNE (where it becomes really lucrative) but then slip and have a few months break, you start at 0 (bronze) again and have to work all the way back up. RB starts paying you back immediately, and given how the rake is so much worse at lowest stakes, is far more important to a micro grinder than Stars VIP is.

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I can't get rakeback either. Full Tilt has said I'm signed up through another affiliate, but I'm not even sure what the affiliate is. Oh well.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes they do, they just do it in a different way to FTP...

I realize they offer VIP (did you read my following paragraph? ;) ). But at the recreational micro and low limit levels it's still not even remotely comparable to RB.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got an account that doesn't have rakeback and I want to apply to start getting it now.

Is rakebackpros the best site to try? If not, where do you all suggest?
Also, if anyone has any advice on how to make the process go as quickly as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got an account that doesn't have rakeback and I want to apply to start getting it now.

Is rakebackpros the best site to try? If not, where do you all suggest?
Also, if anyone has any advice on how to make the process go as quickly as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you're talking about FT, you can just contact them directly. They'll tell you if you qualify, and if so, they'll send you to RBP. Or you can go to RBP directly and they'll go back to FT to see if you're eligible. Just know that if you signed up for FT through an affiliate and deposited within 60 days of the signup, then there is nothing you can do to get RB.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up thru rakebackpros and have been receiving rakeback every Friday like clock work. :) So it doesn't hurt to try

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming you're talking about FT, you can just contact them directly. They'll tell you if you qualify, and if so, they'll send you to RBP. Or you can go to RBP directly and they'll go back to FT to see if you're eligible. Just know that if you signed up for FT through an affiliate and deposited within 60 days of the signup, then there is nothing you can do to get RB.

Is there any way to check your affiliate status? I know I got the first deposit bonus, but I don't remember what promo code I used (if any).