Corrupt or Shady Poker Sites

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the title suggests, let's hear what you know and who you know it on..Any blatant cheats, scams, suspicions, etc. Let's expose these sites before they take advantage of more legit unsuspecting players...

I'll start.

FULL FLUSH POKER is the worst I've ever seen. For starters, It is room bot infested. I'm still trying to figure out to what extent. If all bots are room/employee bots or some are just user programmed bots...do they have superuser accounts, or even worse. The RNG is far from random, it's the most predictable generator I've seen, and I've been playing online since 2002 on about any site you can think of.

I'll come back here time to time to add more to this, with examples, etc
juicy stakes poker is very shady and they will not honor a cashout to American players who funded there account with a Credit Card. As far as there RNG I have no proof its corrupted but nothing surprises me anymore with these off shore sites! Juicy Stakes seems like there desperate as they do not have very much traffic and you end up playing with the same players everyday. I have to put up with this crap until I can move to Nevada and play on wsop site.

A

andrewmarc79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
As the title suggests, let's hear what you know and who you know it on..Any blatant cheats, scams, suspicions, etc. Let's expose these sites before they take advantage of more legit unsuspecting players...

I'll start.

FULL FLUSH POKER is the worst I've ever seen. For starters, It is room bot infested. I'm still trying to figure out to what extent. If all bots are room/employee bots or some are just user programmed bots...do they have superuser accounts, or even worse. The RNG is far from random, it's the most predictable generator I've seen, and I've been playing online since 2002 on about any site you can think of.

I completely agree with you, although bots don't bother me nearly as much as the un-randomness of the supposedly random number gens. Like we cannot prove the RNG's are anything but random, we cannot prove that people who aggressively defend the sites are actually on the payroll of a gaming company, but there's something suspicious about people who chastise those who question the legitimacy of online poker sites. The reason we can't prove RNG's are dishonest or are designed to give the operator the control they need to inject dishonesty into the game, is because it's hard to do. It would take a miracle for gaming authorities to gain access to the source code of one of these sites, let alone stumble upon the line of computer code that rigs an RNG, and that's assuming the operator f***ed up and forgot to remove it. If it wasn't hard to prove we wouldn't see nearly all of them being willing participants, they'd be shut down, and people like bettafold and me wouldn't feel compelled to speak out. We would just play, have a good time, and not feel like we needed to waste our time trying to spread a generally unpopular message. I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I never had doubts or preconceived beliefs about poker hands being rigged when I first started playing live or online. There's a reason I had these thoughts though, and it's not because I was bitter from a bad beat or two. It's because I saw patterns that were suspicious, and it was highly improbable that they would occur randomly. Once I saw multiple patterns, I felt comfortable making public accusations. If you are someone who refuses to believe it for whatever reason that's fine, but like the creator of this thread, I too think it's important to give people a perspective that isn't just rainbows and butterflies.

A

andrewmarc79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I completely agree with you, although bots don't bother me nearly as much as the un-randomness of the supposedly random number gens. Like we cannot prove the RNG's are anything but random, we cannot prove that people who aggressively defend the sites are actually on the payroll of a gaming company, but there's something suspicious about people who chastise those who question the legitimacy of online poker sites. The reason we can't prove RNG's are dishonest or are designed to give the operator the control they need to inject dishonesty into the game, is because it's hard to do. It would take a miracle for gaming authorities to gain access to the source code of one of these sites, let alone stumble upon the line of computer code that rigs an RNG, and that's assuming the operator f***ed up and forgot to remove it. If it wasn't hard to prove we wouldn't see nearly all of them being willing participants, they'd be shut down, and people like bettafold and me wouldn't feel compelled to speak out. We would just play, have a good time, and not feel like we needed to waste our time trying to spread a generally unpopular message. I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I never had doubts or preconceived beliefs about poker hands being rigged when I first started playing live or online. There's a reason I had these thoughts though, and it's not because I was bitter from a bad beat or two. It's because I saw patterns that were suspicious, and it was highly improbable that they would occur randomly. Once I saw multiple patterns, I felt comfortable making public accusations. If you are someone who refuses to believe it for whatever reason that's fine, but like the creator of this thread, I too think it's important to give people a perspective that isn't just rainbows and butterflies.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'll start.

I remember the now defunct Absolute Poker that was discovered to have superusers. It caused such a stink they had to shut down.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've encountered a few over the years, the first one was lock poker who just stopped paying players. Then it was full flush who did the same thing. There was also a short lived site called "poker minds" I had build up over 2K on that site in a short time, turned out to be too good to be true because they also stopped paying players. I also had played on Absolute poker before the scandal but they had processed my cashout about a week before they shut down, phew!