Bots on poker sites?

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I play frerolls in 888poker and 10ctvs tournaments, i think there are a lot of bots, im crazy or what? They react with emoji in 1ms, and play so rare.Yesterday, I think in the final table we are 2 humans againts 5 bot, i eliminated the human and that was all, i win a ticket for 1 usd tournament.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play frerolls in 888poker and 10ctvs tournaments, i think there are a lot of bots, im crazy or what? They react with emoji in 1ms, and play so rare.Yesterday, I think in the final table we are 2 humans againts 5 bot, i eliminated the human and that was all, i win a ticket for 1 usd tournament.

Why would a BOT play 'rare'? My guess is that it would be set up to play as ideally as possible.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think it's very likely anyone is deploying BOTS in 10c Mtts where the prize 10 × $1 tournament tickets.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of people who are new to online poker have a wrong understanding of bots. I remember when i started and i could not beat certain opponents i liked to scream "bot 100 %" too.

But if someone runs a successfull bot, why should he run that bot in freerolls or micros?

If you make these observations, note player names and do some research. asking here if these are bots is pointless. Especially without Player names.

And last but not least:

why should we believe u? I rather trust in a big sites reputation than in some random allegations of a freeroll player.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I also find that most sites just have too much to lose if they get caught doing this. I really don't think you are facing bots

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only bots but also player support tools make online poker games lose credibility, as they both take away the nature of the moves and make the games unrealistic. It would be good if poker sites didn't accept support tools and never the less bot.

G

Gapiola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t believe they take this risk!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played millions of hands on online poker sites, and I believe the issue with use of bots is vastly overblown. The big sites like pokerstars have strong security systems in place, so cheaters are generally caught and kicked out. Also, as others have said, if someone is running a successfull bot, why would they use it to play in freerolls or penny games? The bot will surely make more money, if its put to work in slightly more expensive games like even just 5-10$.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe these Bots too! Anyway, I merely continue to play in the different types of Poker, and sometimes to win!.. And to be continued! That's it!

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really don't believe that there are bots in tournaments on 888poker, especially in freerolls. 888poker is a reliable and respected platform that has strict security measures and the detection of suspicious activities.

Additionally, freerolls are low cost tournaments, which makes players less likely to use bots to gain an unfair advantage. Most of the players at these tournaments are just there to have fun and enjoy the experience of playing poker for free. Just Like Me! ^^

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If anyone is using a bot and playing anything free, micro or even low stakes wth are they even doing wasting their time for mere pennies? In my opinion anyone using a bot, smart enough to know how to set it up and where to get it......is smart enough not to use it making mere pennies.

Just my opinion/experience from 15+ years of playing micro/low stakes.

Cheers!!!

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think bots would choose to play micro buy-in tournaments :rolleyes:

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I don't think bots would choose to play micro buy-in tournaments :rolleyes:
I dont believe this too. But i say what i see guys. There are bots playing. Just look. Idk if this happen because im using my tickets from rewards.

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
If anyone is using a bot and playing anything free, micro or even low stakes wth are they even doing wasting their time for mere pennies? In my opinion anyone using a bot, smart enough to know how to set it up and where to get it......is smart enough not to use it making mere pennies.

Just my opinion/experience from 15+ years of playing micro/low stakes.

Cheers!!!
You play for 15 years and never think about bots? I play for 2 weeks and promise you, there are a lot of bots.

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I have played millions of hands on online poker sites, and I believe the issue with use of bots is vastly overblown. The big sites like PokerStars have strong security systems in place, so cheaters are generally caught and kicked out. Also, as others have said, if someone is running a successfull bot, why would they use it to play in freerolls or penny games? The bot will surely make more money, if its put to work in slightly more expensive games like even just 5-10$.
That is what you think, but we dont know how bots works. Maybe in frerolls they can use bots without losses

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Why would a BOT play 'rare'? My guess is that it would be set up to play as ideally as possible.
They can play with bots, but cant know the community cards, so they always raise low bbs when they have a opportunity, so in river i go all in and they quit. No matters they have to put 1 bb to compense 10, because they are bots and fold.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they're less likely to be bots, probably players nearly afk

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They can play with bots, but cant know the community cards, so they always raise low bbs when they have a opportunity, so in river i go all in and they quit. No matters they have to put 1 bb to compense 10, because they are bots and fold.

This is your logic to suggest they are bots? And you then risk to go allin vs. any sizing and when they fold you assume it is because they are BOT?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very difficult to imagine the waste of time if there are bots or not, it's easier to believe in the site's reputation, if I win I'm good, but if I lose, there are only bots

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is what you think, but we dont know how bots works. Maybe in frerolls they can use bots without losses
Actually there has been lots of study regarding BOTS... there are BOTS that can be purchased. I'm pretty sure that the better sites are able to detect these, confiscating the person's funds and closing their accounts permanently.

You suggest 'we' don't know how bots work but then in other posts you say 'they are BOTS'. Well how would you know? Why not provide some proof to back up your claims? (surely you must have some).

fwiw, suggesting that they are BOTS because you are using some free tickets for the games is pretty far-fetched (imo)... as if the sites would want to 'target' you so that you don't profit/benefit from your free tickets.

I wouldn't be too surprised to hear of BOTS in some of the games especially at the lower limits where a) games are easier to beat with a programmed BOT b) perhaps less likely to be detected
In the past I've seen some advertising suggesting that BOTS are beating micro buyins, (10nl), and micro MTT's (but keep in mind these were claims by companies/people who were selling the bots on a BOT forum). I tried to research it a bit after I was re-imbursed on a well-known poker site.... but this could've been a multi-accounter, someone playing on VPN, an illegal deposit, player collusion etc. ... I mean who really knows for sure?? And I could see there were a number of places advertising BOTS (tbh, I didn't even want to take a very close look at the sites/forums because I didn't even want that 'google search'/activity on my computer but I was curious to see what some members on CC were talking about.

In the past when I felt I was playing vs. BOTS (this is a number of years ago now), there was a distinct pattern to their play.... and VERY similar to other players play. I did try to adjust my play vs. 'them' (players I was suspicious that might be BOTS)... but shoving allin on the river (regardless of pot size) wasn't one of those adjustments (<< pretty exploitable don't you think?). Perhaps I was just adjusting to some multi-tabling regs. and it was being just as effective? (who knows? .. but I was winning... a bit). Also, just after I received re-imbursement from a site, the number of players in the pool of players I was playing against, was almost cut in half! (maybe a group of multi-accounters? seems more likely than a Group of individual bots.... but maybe both.. and maybe a group of multi-account BOTS too? Who knows??)
Another thing, there'd be 'new' players to the pool who would play a HUGE number of hours (I played a lot and at different times of the day... these players were there all of those times (I take extensive notes). Some of them could've been chasing leaderboard prizes... some of them could just be totally wired to online poker... some of them could've been grinding it out for groceries (we weren't playing for life-changing dollars) or some of them might've just been playing A LOT and at different times throughout the day (like I was, lol).

Please show us some proof.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Poker sites make huge amounts of money from the legitimate side of their business that they got 0 benefit to risk it all throwing bots into the games and lose everything if caught, once their reputation and trust is gone , it is game over for them, totally not worth it, players on the other hand are the ones who use bots, what are bots ? it is a piece of software that scans your screen for the open poker table and act on your behalf making decisions and pushing buttons for you, of course these bots are trained, they consume the GTO approach and play what is mathematically correct they dont adjust to players which with the huge volume these bots can put in turns to be very very profitable and fast, poker sites have different methods to catch these bots, for example the timing of clicking on different tables if its in micro seconds well that could be only a machine doing it, of course they wont scan every player they got in their pool, only the winning ones, i remember once i was playing on ACR where i dont play much and in just few days i hit like 5 FTs on the 6 tournaments i played it was crazy how hot i was running, in those 2 days i had 2 alerts, a window asking me to click in a certain point or give a certain reply to prove i wasnt a bot, of course these trained bots have no clue how to react to such thing that they are not trained for and will ignore it and that would raise more flags on the account ( i did ignore it and it popped up again not long after ) , but of course if somebody is supervising his machine would catch on these things and easily reply or even adjust his bot to send him notifications on his phone whenever such banners pop that they got no answer to and he could have even some sort of reaction prepared for exemple type back this text ' xxxx ' or click here, as for the timing to catch bots, those who create these arent dumb people they randomise their clicking in the tables within the range allowed between all tables to make it very hard to read into it, as poker sites comes with new solutions to fight bots the people creating them will get creative as well on their way to elude them , its part of the evolution of technology not only good people benefit from it... and now with AI we could even see bots replying in chat and joking from time to time to even throw the regulators off more..... and by the way bots are beatable thats what most poker pro players are doing on a daily basis as they got their own strategy that deviate from the GTO and confuse the bots a bit, there is a thing that most people seem to forget, 80% of players or so are losing players and i would dare to say in those 80% more than 70% it isnt the bots fault. just my personal opinion of course.

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
This is your logic to suggest they are bots? And you then risk to go allin vs. any sizing and when they fold you assume it is because they are BOT?
I go all in when i have something good. I assume they are bots because many things. Things like insta react(Good Game!) when they do an action in game, I think they play safe and maybe that works when you use multiples bots.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
There are bots available for GG,PS and probably more sites on the internet. My guess is there is a ton of them playing on NL2,NL5 cash games/ Don't think there is much of them on stakes like NL25+

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I go all in when i have something good. I assume they are bots because many things. Things like insta react(Good Game!) when they do an action in game, I think they play safe and maybe that works when you use multiples bots.

Huh? I don't understand what you're saying.

And fwiw, I feel like a huge idiot for writing down the lengthy response I previously made in this thread. What was I thinking? I mean WTF was I thinking? ... Was I thinking?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think a lot of players will tell you that bots don't exist or that bots don't play at such limits or you're just a new poker player and don't know how to play so it makes no sense to tell someone just if you know they're bots just forget you can't prove it because sites are so designed that you can't prove it and people won't believe it just so you know the rest doesn't matter