Bodog Brand to leave US Market/MMGG to Retain US Customers

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed that the low limit cash NLHE rings are really drying up this week. Went to play .02/.05 tonight and no full ring tables active. They used to have at least 10 running each night. Is there something up, other than the brand switch at year end?
Update: games are there. They don't use waiting lists anymore and you can't see the full tables from the tables menu. You have to wait on the menu screen until someone leaves and beat out the other players for a spot. Got on a table on the third try. If table selection is your main factor, rotsa ruck

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update: games are there. They don't use waiting lists anymore and you can't see the full tables from the tables menu. You have to wait on the menu screen until someone leaves and beat out the other players for a spot. Got on a table on the third try. If table selection is your main factor, rotsa ruck
This is a consequence of their new "Recreational Player Model" to defeat datamining sites. It is being expanded to also defeat opponent tracking with personal trackers like HEM/PT3. We've been discussing it in this thread over the past few days.

Becky, would you have anything to add to that thread beyond the response I got from Jonas Ödman?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a consequence of their new "Recreational Player Model" to defeat datamining sites. It is being expanded to also defeat opponent tracking with personal trackers like HEM/PT3. We've been discussing it in this thread over the past few days.

Becky, would you have anything to add to that thread beyond the response I got from Jonas Ödman?

Jonas's response is the same response that I would have posted, so nothing to add. :)

Becky

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These sites won't let you withdraw your money unless it's at least something like $100. So what happens if it's December 30th, and you only have $79.48 in your account? It doesn't really concern me, since I don't play at bodog. I'm just wondering.

I

ItaRazz07

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These sites won't let you withdraw your money unless it's at least something like $100. So what happens if it's December 30th, and you only have $79.48 in your account? It doesn't really concern me, since I don't play at Bodog. I'm just wondering.

They will not be closing. Your balance will be migrated to the new site name. No other changes, details are in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EvoFQ450

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read on one of the poker news sites (forget which one) that Bodog is technically leaving the US but only as a re-branding thing and they are starting up their own network like Merge and Cake. It sounded like we will still be able to play. I will look for the article and post back.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read on one of the poker news sites (forget which one) that Bodog is technically leaving the US but only as a re-branding thing and they are starting up their own network like Merge and Cake. It sounded like we will still be able to play. I will look for the article and post back.
If you had read this thread you just posted in, you'd see that's exactly the case and it's been confirmed by BodogBecky back when it was first posted. Bodog is expected to startup a Euro (or non-US) operation while MMGG will continue to operate the same room, software, and US accounts under another brand.

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had read this thread you just posted in, you'd see that's exactly the case and it's been confirmed by BodogBecky back when it was first posted. Bodog is expected to startup a Euro (or non-US) operation while MMGG will continue to operate the same room, software, and US accounts under another brand.

Just to clarify, the bodog brand already has franchises that operate in the UK, Europe, Asia and canada. Have a look at bodogbrand.com for more information if you're interested!

Also, yes, bodog network is coming soon :)

Becky

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So will we all be on the same network? Does that mean the traffic and schedule will improve? I'm assuming the great customer service and trustworthiness will remain. Any changes we should be aware of?

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks Becky for that solid info...I do enjoy playing BoDog. Will I need to do anything in order to retain playing on the new site?

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could play on bodog, oh wait I can't cuz im a silly mac user.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Parallels/Fusion/BootCamp?

I'm assuming those are ways to use Windows Apps on a Mac?? Whhhhiiich I would love to be able to do but honestly I've only been on one for a couple months now. Care to elaborate?

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^okay so I did a little research, is parallels the best?? And will it run smooth on my Mac (OS X 10.6.8, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB ram)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I own a Mac but it's one of many computers I own that I don't use very often, and I'm not a Mac guru by any means. Mine came with Parallels but I hear VMWare Fusion is better -- not surprising since VMWare is a leader in VM technology.

Parallels and Fusion are VM solutions, where you create a VM and install Windows into it and run it from within OSX. Your system specs are quite beefy so it should run very well, although VM's will never run as well as a native installation. You might also try VirtualBox which is free -- it's actually my preference on Windows and linux hosts, but I've never tried it on Mac and don't know if it performs comparably.

BootCamp OTOH is a dual-boot solution that lets you install Windows to a separate drive/partition and choose to boot either OSX or Windows on your Intel-based Mac. So you're actually running pure Windows, not Windows in a VM inside OSX.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I own a Mac but it's one of many computers I own that I don't use very often, and I'm not a Mac guru by any means. Mine came with Parallels but I hear VMWare Fusion is better -- not surprising since VMWare is a leader in VM technology.

Parallels and Fusion are VM solutions, where you create a VM and install Windows into it and run it from within OSX. Your system specs are quite beefy so it should run very well, although VM's will never run as well as a native installation. You might also try VirtualBox which is free -- it's actually my preference on Windows and Linux hosts, but I've never tried it on Mac and don't know if it performs comparably.

BootCamp OTOH is a dual-boot solution that lets you install Windows to a separate drive/partition and choose to boot either OSX or Windows on your Intel-based Mac. So you're actually running pure Windows, not Windows in a VM inside OSX.

Thank you sir, couldn't of asked for a more clear response.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While were on the topic of Bodog, do they still run their twice-a-day $500 freerolls? Anyone?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Becky for that solid info...I do enjoy playing BoDog. Will I need to do anything in order to retain playing on the new site?

nothing- your account will be automatically transferred. :)

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So will we all be on the same network? Does that mean the traffic and schedule will improve? I'm assuming the great customer service and trustworthiness will remain. Any changes we should be aware of?

Yep, you will be on the same network and naturally there are a lot of great things planned for the network which you will know about in advance + the CS and trustworthiness will be exactly the same- MMGG (the company that owns and runs the bodog.eu operations) will be operating the new site, just under a new name.

Thanks!
Becky

I

ItaRazz07

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, you will be on the same network and naturally there are a lot of great things planned for the network which you will know about in advance + the CS and trustworthiness will be exactly the same- MMGG (the company that owns and runs the bodog.eu operations) will be operating the new site, just under a new name.

Thanks!
Becky

What will the new name be? Certainly by now it is determined, and the domain registered.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bodog got rid of open site freerolls. The closest to free is a 9:40PM EST 25 player point freeroll for an entry to a twice-a-month 7K freeroll. They take the top fifteen for the entry, usually get 300 -500 players per night. I bubbled at No. 16 two weeks ago, but enough of that. Too painful to discuss.

E

EvoFQ450

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont take this the wrong way, PF, but can you guarantee this? To say what you said (in bold) is a very bold move, can you back this up. If the FBI are after Bodog they will hit the company before it closes out the US players. i would say withdraw most of your BR from Bodog, and only leave enough to play, safer that way if the sh*t hits the fan.

Yeah I would take most of it off. And then you can put it back on when the new US-facing Bodog brand re-opens, if you feel comfortable with that. But I can't really say I would TRUST anyone except PS. and they are gone.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada