BetOnline is trying to steal $65,000 from me (&cliff notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do they actually give out HHs in cases of chip dumping?

It seems that the easiest way of getting better at chip dumping would be to look at HHs of people getting caught chip dumping.

I know someone did say they would send them, but was that person mistaken and when he went to send them the guy sat next to him shirked "are you crazy?? we dont do that?"

One thing that people tend to do when lying is to capitalize on other peoples mistakes.

if you read the thread you'll see they promised to send him hhs..

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my thing is that they have not gotten back to him..... they are leaving him in "limbo"

G

Greg242

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plus Betonline allows a maximum of $2.5K in player transfers.

So the most he can get via deposit + P2P transfer is 3.7K

OP, I believe is a high stakes player 1KNL+ and that means he probably has a decent sized BR and that means he knows that 1-4 buyins is not going to last him long.. noone sits down, loses a BI and thinks "well Ill wait a week and deposit again".

I think OP was having people chip dump him money (and then directly transferring money into their bank accounts) because he couldnt get his BR onto the site by any other means and he is worried that if he tells the truth he will lose the money.

TBH this kind of violation isnt really all that bad. It might be better for him to just tell the truth.
1) The maximum player to player moneygram is $1200 not $2500.

2) This is absolutely not true. I did not even have one single friend that played on there.

3) I just realized now I never put this in any of my threads but do not really think it is that relevant, but this was my second deposit on the site. A few weeks prior to this I made the same $1200 maximum deposit on the site started playing 1000nl and lost it and did not decide to reload until this second time I deposited.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't understand the jump to the assumption that the sites are always right.It has become a troubling time for online poker in the past year.An i for one will put nothing past them.Plus it should be there job to prove beyond a doubt there was cheating going on.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have played BOL, you know of the connection problems. If you disco on the river holding the nuts, it might look like a chip dump, same if opponent disco's. I'm with Z28 (post #27 ITT). Many times I did not even know I had disconnected.

It was my experience to disco several times in a short period. I disco nowhere else. I stopped even trying to play there, and I'm a FRW.

BOL is still not ready for prime time.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What purpose do they serve?

hey stu, im just going to take $65k out your bank account. why? well you were money laundering. you want proof? nah, you cant have it, just trust me on this one. it's not like i get to profit out of it or anything...what, i do? awesome

M

msufan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey stu, im just going to take $65k out your bank account. why? well you were money laundering. you want proof? nah, you cant have it, just trust me on this one. it's not like i get to profit out of it or anything...what, i do? awesome

Exactly. Smaller, fledgling sites have a LOT of motivation to do this if they feel there will be no significant route to recourse on the part of the victim.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really sad to read what has happened to you greg...I too will publicize ur story as much as possible in the poker circuit...
Bet online will have to give u ur money !!!

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea BOL is a lame excuse for a poker room. Can not believe anyone would even think about playing their. ( i think the fish is the only upside to it )

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I wish you good luck in recovering your money, I will check out 2+2 to see if Betonline is rebutting your post. I have noticed in the past the better sites tend to explain their side of the story when a player goes public; the shadier sites do nothing.

F

fishinthesea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, yeah, I'd hate to be scammed of 65k.
Wish the best of luck to you in getting your money man.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since CC has BOL Banner, what does this mean?

Does CC endorse BetOnLine?
Does CC have any tournaments on BOL or plan to start tournaments there?
Does CC have a position on BOL?
I am wondering because that would mean something to me since I have recently downloaded their BOLsoftware. I tried to play the Nooner $200 Freeroll today but could never find or locate my table ... was registered at least an hour in advance and several times I got a notice that I was disconnected even though I was still playing on another poker site just fine.
Not sure about this site. :eek:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't understand the jump to the assumption that the sites are always right.It has become a troubling time for online poker in the past year.An i for one will put nothing past them.Plus it should be there job to prove beyond a doubt there was cheating going on.
+1

+1000. sites can give any old bullsh*t reason when it comes to keeping your money, and there's nothing you can do about it, especially in the US. I would like to think in the UK we would have some kind of recourse(is that the right word?)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arguments on both side make sense. But this is one of the only "site cheated me" posts where I seem to be thinking OP is legit. The disconnect problems could be a reason. Sending the HH (complete) should be standard IMO since it is on many other sites. (Although it is not on many as well :-( ) I have received a large HH from stars after data loss.

Its a strange situation. One the one hand, if a site truly believes cheating of any kind happened, it is standard on many that you are frozen, lose your money in your account (TOS) BUT there should be a way to protect yourself as well in the case that the site is wrong.

I dont play BO. Anyone know the HH situation? Is it like bodog where you just dont get em at all? And in the case of them not wanting to sent the suspicious hands to OP for reasons stated earlier ITT, isnt there some kind of review bourd - online poker regulatory board or whatever - where a case like this can be looked at in detail? I mean 65k... Seems to warrant OP getting a fair shake at defending his side and not just saying "yea you think I cheated, keep my money"

One more thing:
OP, you are a high stakes player so any chance of you revealing who you are, if you are a respected clean slate player on all your other sites, it will really make your story solid.. IDK if you wanna do this, just a thought....

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How will you make use of the HHs once you have them? .... bear in mind the site claims that they fit the criteria for chip dumping.. you emailing back and claiming they dont wont change that.

Its not like a scammer would say "oh fair cop" and leave it there.

Nor will a legitimate person be able to show that they are not evidence of chip dumping.

They actually serve no purpose.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How will you make use of the HHs once you have them? .... bear in mind the site claims that they fit the criteria for chip dumping.. you emailing back and claiming they dont wont change that.

Nor will a legitimate person be able to show that they are not evidence of chip dumping.

So, if you were in this situation, you wouldn't be keen to see the hands where you are allegedly cheating? Also, do you not think it is suspicious that they won't send them? It seems to me if they truly believe he was cheating they would send the HH's, so the fact that they aren't seems a tad fishy to me

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if you were in this situation, you wouldn't be keen to see the hands where you are allegedly cheating? Also, do you not think it is suspicious that they won't send them? It seems to me if they truly believe he was cheating they would send the HH's, so the fact that they aren't seems a tad fishy to me

The point Im making is that its not really going to change anything when if / when he gets them.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The point Im making is that its not really going to change anything when if / when he gets them.

Actually, if OP has some way of showing disconnects, with time stamps, he could show the possibility that a disco looked like a dump.

However, it could also be the situation where his villains disco'ed to his benefit, and those hands will look like chip dumps as well. Harder to prove unless villains HH's were/are obtained.

If BoL is serious about being a viable site, why are they taking such a stance and refusing (so far) to sending the HH's. Or are they taking a Bodog stance to make poker a parlor game........???????

Intelligent viewers need to know.....

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Because some on 2p2and someone on another forum have said they'll look through them. If these are well respected poker players and don't think it looks like chip dumping then it's only going to strengthen his case with any route he takes to get his money back.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The big thing HH will serve is if there is no evidence of chip dumping it will put a lot of pressure on the site.Al so it will serve the community to know what kind of site this is and warn other players.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem is that there is no independent industry watchdog. Some independent body who could review HHs and give the final yes or no.

Ultimately your going to get a bunch of HHs that meet the sites criteria for Chip dumping. Its difficult to dispute because the meet the sites criteria.

There is no trusted 3rd party who can settle in favor of either OP or the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.