BetOnline is trying to steal $65,000 from me (&cliff notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well answered Greg. I guessed 1.2k wasnt ur entire BR lol.

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The chip dumping could be due to the lag you mention in paragraph 2 or 3 about timing out with the nuts.

Hope you get your money... GL

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) 1.2k is not my bankroll. I am rolled for all of the games I was playing on the site and am a regular in mid/high stakes nl games on a few of the other sites that still accept US players. The reason I deposited 1.2k was because it was the max I could deposit via the method I wanted, I wanted to originally deposit around 10-15k (obviously now I am glad I did not do that).
2) I was playing 1000nl only until I had about 7-8k I believe, I do not remember exactly what I had before I jumped into the 2000nl games on there. I was playing 2000nl-10000nl on the site more then I was playing 1000nl. I did not want to stop playing completely after. What happened was I decided to attempt and make my first wire withdrawal. Then had all of the following problems talked about in my posts ...
3) How is this suspicious? There were a lot lot more fish that played HU at those stakes on BetOnline then the average site. I took advantage of this obviously and played as many fish HU as I could at those stakes.

OP just so we have the most clear picture:
1) were all of your hands HU?
2) were you buying in full?
3) are you saying you started at a level where 100 big blinds = $1K?

G

Greg242

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP just so we have the most clear picture:
1) were all of your hands HU?
2) were you buying in full?
3) are you saying you started at a level where 100 big blinds = $1K?
1) I obviously do not have the exact numbers since they still have not given me the hand histories, but I would guess that about 1/3 of the hands I played on the site were HU.

2) I always buy in full whether the table max buy in is 100bb or 50bb (those are the only tables they have at BetOnline).

3) Correct that is what I am saying (5/10nl 100bb's deep).

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only skimmed the thread, but could you post the HHs where you 'cheated'?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) I obviously do not have the exact numbers since they still have not given me the hand histories, but I would guess that about 1/3 of the hands I played on the site were HU.

2) I always buy in full whether the table max buy in is 100bb or 50bb (those are the only tables they have at BetOnline).

3) Correct that is what I am saying (5/10nl 100bb's deep).
This has nothing to do with anything but you put $1200 online and immediately sat with $1K of it at one table? Run good early or redeposit I suppose?

As for the hhs does BetOnline support tracking software? Do you have all your hhs?

It's ludicrous that they say they can't send you the complete hhs because it would be too much. FTP once sent me 300K plus hands in 3 email attachments.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is saying BOL will not provide him with the hh's.

Oh I see. Saw the part where they said they'd say they'd return the cheating HHs, not the part where they neglected to.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP is either a huge fish who ran hot (no offense), or was part of the supposed chip dumping accusation. Doesn't make sense otherwise really.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
This sucks, I hope you get your money eventually

G

Greg242

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP is either a huge fish who ran hot (no offense), or was part of the supposed chip dumping accusation. Doesn't make sense otherwise really.
I will try and answer multiple questions in this post because I know my post limit is going to hit soon.

1) Yes my plan was to keep redepositing if I lost the maximum of $1200.

2) Correct I having been asking time after time to have the hand histories sent to me and it is just excuse after excuse and still have not recieved any hand histories. (BTW if SBR does not get to the bottom of this I will be posting all my email and chat transcripts on all my threads)

3) I do not understand your logic. Honestly I could care less if anyone thinks I am a major fish on a heater but the truth is I am a mid/high stakes nl reg on other sites. I do not think any of this matters at all as long as BetOnline releases all the hand histories. It is absoultely unacceptable that after all this time and freezing my account with $65,000 in it that after a whole week of me asking for the hand histories I still have not recieved them.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

even if he was a fish, CT, he still won the money, and is rightly entitled to it.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, and I wholeheartedly agree. And again, no offence intended.

I was addressing the issue of OP's questionable methods which is probably part of what the site is looking at when they're accusing him of cheating. It goes hand in hand with chipdumping; a ~1 buyin deposit, immediate and substantial profit, then withdrawal attempts shortly after.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, and I wholeheartedly agree. And again, no offence intended.

I was addressing the issue of OP's questionable methods which is probably part of what the site is looking at when they're accusing him of cheating. It goes hand in hand with chipdumping; a ~1 buyin deposit, immediate and substantial profit, then withdrawal attempts shortly after.

ah sure, I see your point now. yeah, i guess it looks fishy, but from the look of it the site has no proof, or otherwise they'd release the HH's to OP.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent idea to get SBR involved since their rankings are highly coveted and generally thought of as a very independent website. If entities do not deal fairly with them concerning player problems, they get mentioned publicly and ratings are always downgraded

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

strongly disagree.

he's already said the max he could deposit by this method was $1.2k. he's also said he's a high stakes reg on other sites. both of these combined show nothing fishy about him deposting 1bi at a time and attempting to run it up quickly so he can play the stakes he normally plays. he also has a large edge over opponents so running it up quickly isn't unlikely.

more fishy is the fact that betonline won't send him the hand histories where
they claim he was chip dumping. also, betonline is hardly a huge site - $65k isn't necessarily a mere drop in the ocean, especially if they are having financial troubles and need to pay off creditors quickly.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strongly disagree.

he's already said the max he could deposit by this method was $1.2k.

Plus Betonline allows a maximum of $2.5K in player transfers.

So the most he can get via deposit + P2P transfer is 3.7K

OP, I believe is a high stakes player 1KNL+ and that means he probably has a decent sized BR and that means he knows that 1-4 buyins is not going to last him long.. noone sits down, loses a BI and thinks "well Ill wait a week and deposit again".

I think OP was having people chip dump him money (and then directly transferring money into their bank accounts) because he couldnt get his BR onto the site by any other means and he is worried that if he tells the truth he will lose the money.

TBH this kind of violation isnt really all that bad. It might be better for him to just tell the truth.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. also, betonline is hardly a huge site - $65k isn't necessarily a mere drop in the ocean, especially if they are having financial troubles and need to pay off creditors quickly.
Yeah kind of surprising that such a small site has so much high stakes HU action. I mean if it's arranged ahead of time I could see it maybe. ;)

Plus Betonline allows a maximum of $2.5K in player transfers.

So the most he can get via deposit + P2P transfer is 3.7K

OP, I believe is a high stakes player 1KNL+ and that means he probably has a decent sized BR and that means he knows that 1-4 buyins is not going to last him long.. noone sits down, loses a BI and thinks "well Ill wait a week and deposit again".

I think OP was having people chip dump him money (and then directly transferring money into their bank accounts) because he couldnt get his BR onto the site by any other means and he is worried that if he tells the truth he will lose the money.

TBH this kind of violation isnt really all that bad. It might be better for him to just tell the truth.
This makes a ton of sense.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why does he need his br on a site? whats the difference between having your bankroll in your bank and deposting when you need it and having it on the site?

i mean there are obviously reasons but i don't see why a clever high stakes heads up player would choose heads up chip dumping over waiting 2 weeks and maxing out his deposits each day.

regardless of all that, what right does betonline have to take his money? sure, if he broke the rules and DID chip dump, close his account. but that doesn't mean you can keep $65k. hell, they earned rake on any chip dumping

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why does he need his br on a site? whats the difference between having your bankroll in your bank and deposting when you need it and having it on the site?

He cant deposit it when he needs it there is a daily max

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i mean there are obviously reasons but i don't see why a clever high stakes heads up player would choose heads up chip dumping over waiting 2 weeks and maxing out his deposits each day.

Yet he never made a second deposit.

Even if he wins a couple of BIs on the first day he would still be depositing the next day.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regardless of all that, what right does betonline have to take his money? sure, if he broke the rules and DID chip dump, close his account. but that doesn't mean you can keep $65k. hell, they earned rake on any chip dumping

They think he is involved in money laundering.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all reasonable conclusions i guess. the one deposit only could be explained by a heater on the first day which gave him enough to cover his normal stakes (say, 10bi) so he didn't feel the need to redeposit more.

i think the lack of hand histories from bet online is the thing which makes the allegations of chip dumping hard to believe

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the lack of hand histories from bet online is the thing which makes the allegations of chip dumping hard to believe

Do they actually give out HHs in cases of chip dumping?

It seems that the easiest way of getting better at chip dumping would be to look at HHs of people getting caught chip dumping.

I know someone did say they would send them, but was that person mistaken and when he went to send them the guy sat next to him shirked "are you crazy?? we dont do that?"

One thing that people tend to do when lying is to capitalize on other peoples mistakes.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unbelievable Suck Out

Crazy what has happened to you...I may be scared to play there now and I just downloaded BOL. When will this get resolved you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.