My bankroll progress

B

bully1337

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
startet with 0 ...won a 1.10 @ a freeroll tournament now I have $15.XX... Hope it will be more ...

Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bully1337 said:
startet with 0 ...won a 1.10 @ a freeroll tournament now I have $15.XX... Hope it will be more ...
Ah, the ChuckT model of bankroll development. Good luck man!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May 31st

Bankroll (titan): 1815.12

Played a nightly game, 6K guaranteed rebuy and 2 tables of 1/2 10-handed today.
Did well in all of them, save one of the two 1/2 tables.

First off, GG to all in the nightly, it was tons of fun as usual and of course we had the typical Titan-type hands goin on (AAvsKK, K hits on river; JJ vs AQ, flopped straight vs. JJ hitting set :p)
In the 6K (which actually had more than 8K in the pool because of the number of entrants, rebuys and addons) i was doing great, and had a healthy stack after the second break (with ~40 people left)
I then got a timely call from my pops telling me to meet up with him (i hardly ever see him, so any chance i get - everything else can hold)
anyways i played like a maniac for the last 1/2 hour, because i had already got profit from the tourney, and didn't really care about what happened to my stack.
It actually helped me playing this way - i realized how incredibly tight people play, and that playing super aggressive is a great style to adopt at that point in the tourney. Anyways it gave me a new light as to just how tight people play, and the fact that i was 'freerolling' from that point on let me try stuff i'd never do at that point in a tourney.
Good experience :)
As for the cash game, i was just grinding for 1/2hr to an hour and made some decent profits.

Profit: +63.45
Bankroll (titan): 1878.57

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 1st

Bankroll (titan): 1878.57

Played the 6K again and was doing very well. Had a huge stack compared to what i normally have, and was dominating my tables, when i hit a bad beat vs another big stack.
Had AK in the sb and 2 limped from LP. I raised to 4BBs, and got CO to call.
Flop came KK5 with two hearts, and i put out my usual half-pot bet (i think he took the 1/2pot bet to be weak, and decided he'd draw out on me.)
Turn brought a 9, no heart. I pushed all in for a little less than half the pot, and he called - he flipped over 86h (lol!) for a gutshot and flush draw
river was a 7 and i'm gonzo
Anyways its just a matter of time before i hit cash again in an MTT and i'm gonna keep pounding on em.

I also learned that i've been moved up to 'platinum' VIP level this month; this gives me a small handful of nice freerolls and free satellites to enter :)
(1K,5K,10K monthly FRs and entry to a 100K MTQ private freeroll)

Profit: -24.5
Bankroll: 1854.07

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mr Platinum Chuck-Congrats!!! Good luck with those freerolls and satellites, add on to that awesome bankroll of yours.:)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well Chuck, it's been a month and your bankroll progress thus far is:

05/02/06 Bankroll: 1775.21

06/02/06 Bankroll: 1854.07

So, you increased your bankroll with a profit of 78.86. For one month playing poker, I think it was a successful month. Any profit is but 78.86 is a good showing. I know that next month your bankroll profit will be bigger. Good luck Chuck!:hello:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks rotty and tim:)
(tim are you being sarcastic? ;))
eck i don't like seeing that overall picture :p
look at it this way: i probably play 20-30 hrs of poker a week
*3 thats 60-90 hrs of poker in a month...
hourly thats over a buck an hour.....:bawling:

either way...this month was def. an experience :) big ups, and big downs, but overall a profit, so i guess thats good.

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's like a dollar an hour!
-Napolean Dynamite

But seriously dude, if you hadn't had that bad streak there for a bit.. you'd be up a bit more... so I say you're doing just fine ;)

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Chuck! At least your BR is not in the red! The fact that you won/placed in a satelite is an extraordinary feat! Something I've never accomplished yet, but I'm still trying!
Chuck - your poker skill prowess never ceases to amaze me! :) ;)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ChuckTs said:
thanks rotty and tim:)
(tim are you being sarcastic? ;))
eck i don't like seeing that overall picture :p
look at it this way: i probably play 20-30 hrs of poker a week
*3 thats 60-90 hrs of poker in a month...
hourly thats over a buck an hour.....:bawling:

either way...this month was def. an experience :) big ups, and big downs, but overall a profit, so i guess thats good.

No, I'm not being saracastic. Look, this is your first month attempting this and your are in the black after the first month. I think you will steady improve month by month. You are on the right track. Throught he swings of gain and loss, they have been mostly gains.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 2nd

Bankroll (titan): 1854.07

Played a few MTTs, did well in them, but got either bad beat or just plain lost and didn't place.
Note to self: don't play more than 3 a day - I played 3 or 4 today, and it was just too much, and i ended up not caring as much in the last as i did the first.

Profit: -56.50
Bankroll (titan): 1797.57

A

Allsopp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT's will gradually eat into your Bankroll if you dont consistently place. chuck is a good enough player to make in excess of $750 a week let alone $75 dollar's in a month.

its all about putting your money in the right places and anyone who takes a bankroll up to $1800 from freeroll winnings has all of my respect. i'm a semi professional poker player and i could never see myself coming close to acheiving that! well done chuck.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 3rd

Bankroll (titan): 1797.57

Played 1/2 shorthanded, was playing solid and taking down small pots, building my stack. The table i was at then turned insane - all shortstacks, they started open raising all-in with garbage, so i decided to wait until i got a monster and catch one of them making a donk play. This must have been the most potentially profitable table i've ever been at.
Finally i got AQ, raised UTG and got BB to call - flop came AJX, he checked and i bet my usual 1/2 pot, which was half his stack. He reraised all in - a play i would usually never call, but these guys were absolute monkeys. I called and turn and river came K, K. He turns over QT...
okay fine, a bad beat - I topped off my stack and kept playing.
Other table, I get JJ - i hadn't had a hand in ages - and UTG raised. Two called behind him and i reraised. UTG and 1 MP player call.
Flop came KQJ rainbow; they check, i bet half pot, both call. I put UTG on AK, and MP on who knows what. Neither have QQ, AA or KK because they would have pushed PF, so i know that UTG is AK, and MP is probably drawing.
Turn comes blank, but gives a flush draw and i push my remaining 100 and change. See pic for results :mad:
Anyways i played fine, and the only reason i'm not down $500 today is because my JJs and QQs actually held up. I made them count when i had to. I had a couple big pots with them, and another where i hit my 99 set, but got no post-flop action.
two big badbeats were just about my only negative profit hands...and boy did they hurt.
Ive decided either to once again drop limits, or stick to either MTTs or SnGs.
I think i might try a 100 or 500 SnG challenge for myself.

Profit: -237.78
Bankroll (titan): 1559.79

Attachments

• AQvsQT.JPG
    AQvsQT.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 43
  • JJvsAQ.JPG
    JJvsAQ.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 50
A

Allsopp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just one of those days chuck. stop playing now though cause it will only get worse. funnily enough. when i hit bad streaks its always on saturday or sunday on Titan Poker too!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i through for the day...
i'm gonna play the cc special....at least it's next to guaranteed no suckouts lol :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better luck to you too, Chuck.

Thanks for the support.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 6th + late June 3rd

Bankroll (titan): 1559.79

Playing strictly MTTs lately; coming pretty close:
5K rebuy i busted out with a bad beat sometime after the break, but was doing fairly well until then. Bought in and added on for $20 total.
$15 freezout, 2500GP was doing fairly well too, but was way too tired, and made some donk plays including passing out during the break (no i'm not joking
:p )
busted out roughy 30th.
anyways, no profit today, but am coming closer to cashing in mtts again; hopefully can get a nice placing in the future and start rebuilding my BR.
(these profits have sunday's $10 special profits factored in - i forgot to post them in June 3rds post.)

Profit: +1.50
Bankroll (titan): 1561.29

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
up to June 13th

Bankroll (titan): 1561.29

Haven't been playing much; mostly when i do play it's been MTTs and SnGs
Haven't hit money in MTTs yet, but am gettin awfully close (one MTT - $30 buyin, 10K guaranteed - i mistook the bubble for 30th instead of 20th and didn't care where my 3BB stack got me, so i pushed with A7 and busted out 8 from the money)
I think I've decided to play a 100 SnG challenge over the next month or two - probably at $10 or $20 buy-in level. It's a simple and consistent way to build my bankroll aswell as to look back and analyse my strenghts and weaknesses.
I'll also be playing MTTs for the odd cashing (hopefully)

Today i played a $5 PLOH8 MTT and placed 7th out of 75 entrants, and played three H2H battles with freakakanus, which were great practice. It's always such great experience to play with guys like him and 36s heads up, it's well worth the buy-in alone to get those games under your belt.
anyways took 2 of them, and lost one for a $2 profit lol :)

Overall since my last post i've lost alot, but it's almost exclusively gone into MTTs. $60 alone for the 10K - buyin + addon; I think i've spent about $100 in entries since my last post, so i'm actually surprised how little i've lost - i actually thought i was much more in the hole. I really hope to place in one soon - getting frustratingly close :/

Profit: -55.21
Bankroll (titan): 1512.08

T

thechern

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id withdraw it and buy golf clubs lol. Thats pretty incredible, thats like a 1500 profit.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 13th

Bankroll (titan): 1512.08

Finally broke out and cashed...though i'm disappointed i didn't get first - which i thought was very much in my grasp - i got 3rd for $300 and change in the $5 rebuy, 3500 guaranteed. I bought in and added on, no rebuys (though i gambled like crazy early :))
I also played the $30 5K guaranteed, but played pretty poorly in it - $90 gone in buyin, rebuy, and addon costs that got me nowhere.
(note to self: don't multitable MTTs!!!)
Also played a 10 seater $10 SnG and busted out of the money.

Profit: +200.50
Bankroll (titan): 1712.58

Attachments

• 3rd place.JPG
    3rd place.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 95
A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the good finish. Your progress is an inspiration for someone trying to do the same thing as you (build a healthy BR from nothing). Hopefully I will catch up to you sometime soon, but for now i'll stick at the $1.10 sit and goes and free rolls for a while. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck's buying!

Good to see that BR take a BIG jump in the right direction! Keep it up ChuckT. :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mufc112 said:
wow very nicely done from only 11 dollars is some acheivment if u ask me a profeesional would probably find that a tough task to do and how long did it take u to do that

I think i started from that $11 back around the beginning of the year, or maybe a little earlier
can't quite remember :)
thank you for your kind words.

PS you're not the muf that placed 5th in this are you?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
June 14th

Bankroll (titan): 1712.58

Played several $5 and $10 SnGs and MTTs today, failed miserably with the mtts, and bubbled out of each sng i entered :p
(Note to self: DO NOT call out of curiousity :eek:)

Profit: -44.00
Bankroll (titan): 1668.58

I've also decided, just because i'm such a nerd, to add a graph of my progress at the beginning of each month ( though i'm bored now and want to post one, so here's my BR progress so far, graphed )

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management