My bankroll progress

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow nice wins fish...450 in a day at 1/2 is not easy to do
I consider a hefty session one that brings in 300 or more at the 2/4 s/h tables i play :)
as for sunday, i appreciate the offer, but i'm gonna be busy (MOTHER'S DAY DON'T FORGET! lol)
plus i'm dead broke right now :/
where's joe mercs anyways?

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTs said:
(MOTHER'S DAY DON'T FORGET! lol)

My plans have just changed. I may have forgotten about Sunday:eek::eek::eek:

Joe Mercury's is at Dundas and Bloor For future knowledge. (Dundas West Subway Station).

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/12/06

bankroll: 2517.74

ARG!
more raises and bets leading to nothing - my big hands didn't hit and i think i got 1 PP the whole session: KK in the BB and everyone folded to me :(
I think i may drop down to 1/2 to limit my losses from this apparent cold streak i've hit
Earlier today i felt my confidence was shot...it's a little better now but i'm still disappointed
I just don't want to see the old roll drop below 2K...that would really get me down - i know i can still bring it up though, it's just going to take some patience and anti-tilting :)

Profit: -205.06
Bankroll: 2312.68

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/13/06

Bankroll: 2312.68

Got murdered at 2/4...made some pretty poor calls
Moved down to 1/2 and did alright. Ive decided it's time to move down to 1/2 until i get my roll up to 4K (if i can) because these swings are just ridiculous.
Plus 1/2 doesn't seem as crazy for some reason right now - less variance and the tables are 10X easier to dominate. Not tilting anymore, but still very unhappy with my recent 'un-success' and BR drop.
(my losses below are from a late session yesterday and from today's sessions)

Profit: - 688.38 :)eek::eek::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)
Banroll: 1624.30

G

GLG-man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a suggestion Chuck....

Would'nt you be better off playing $20 sit n go's? You might find your Bankroll consistency improves. Failing that moving down a limit like you have done should do the trick.

Good luck.

G-man

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i was playing those for a while, but tbh got bored of SnGs. The slow, steady income is a much safer approach, but also a less exciting one :p. Cash games' immediate payoffs really interest me - i've become a little addicted to those $200-$400 days :)
Moved down to 1/2 and i've decided i'll stick with that for a while. It's extremely easy to dominate a table and steal blinds all night :)

Thanks for the tips Gman, i'll strongly consider trying sngs for a while again and see how i do

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/13/06 Part 2

Bankroll: 1624.30

Forgot to post this after my session which happened later last night (13th)
played 1/2 full ring and fared much better - had my first winning session in a while. I think the 10-handed table made a big difference. Perfect for a tight aggressive style.
I actually felt really good - people respected my raises, and basically stayed out of my way unless they had very strong hands. I was playing very tight and vvery aggressive. 1/2 to 2/4 isn't that much of a difference, but it seems like my play just wasn't working at 2/4 anymore...i'm going to wait til my BR gets substantially larger, maybe 4K before i jump up again (that is if i can make it to 4K :)) I'll be getting smaller wins, but thats a whole hell of alot better than big losses like the ones i've had in recent days.
Anyways won a little bit, but the big thing was how solid i felt i was playing. I felt a whole lot more confident.

Profit: +86.9
Bankroll: 1711.2

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice man.. good to see it's starting to come around. :) And I agree, a full table is definitely better for a tight/aggressive style (that's a winning style, i might add). FWIW, I wouldn't sit at a table with less than 7 players (8 plus you). Unless, of course, you want to branch out and try a more loose/aggressive style ;)

Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Chuck,

I have been reading a lot of your posts on CC because I find that we play a very similar game (but at different limits). I started last summer with a $100 deposit on party poker which I quickly turned into (with additional deposits) a $215 deficit. :(

I was playing mainly limit ring games and SnGs. By October 2005 I was at break even and I have never been below since. I withdrew my original investment and began playing off of my earnings. I hit a bad run around December, withdrew my full bankroll of $504 (all profit).

I didn't play again until early March this year. However, within a couple weeks I took first in a $3/0 MTT for an $815 boost to my bankroll. I discovered that I could win at NLHE and I grew my BR to $1250 on the NL25 and NL50 tables. Then about three weeks ago I took a $170 loss in one day. I needed some cash for expenses and decided to take out $1000 and just play on the $87 remaining (until it ran out or I built it back up). Three weeks later my BR is back up to $675 (still playing NL25 and NL50).

So, overall I am up approximately $2175 since last summer. Not bad, but I know I can play better and still have a lot to learn. I adhere to very strict BR requirements for the levels I play and will have $1500 to $2000 in my active BR before I play NL100. This may slow me down, but I like the relative comfort and manageable risk. I play 20-30 hours a week.

Hope you don't mind me telling my story. I just see a lot of similarities in our TAG style and agree with most of the advice you share on these boards (actually, can't think of anything I have disagreed with).

I have a couple questions: How much time to you play each day or week? What methods do you use to find the fish? I play on Party and, although the fish are plentiful, I need a good means for finding the best of them.

CORYAN

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like you're building your 'roll VERY nicely there coryan :) - 2K in a year is great for something thats played as a hobby
To answer your questions:
I haven't played much lately (trying to take a small break) but when i played alot, i usuallly played 1 or 2 sessions a day, roughly 1/2 hour long to 2 hours depending on how i felt. I also had the odd day when i didn't have to work, and i'd play 5-8hrs which really helped the 'roll. I basically just play when i want to. I work apart from poker, so don't really have a certain number of hours a week i need to play to generate income.
As for finding fish: generally i don't look for specific players, but when i sit at a cash table, i generally just play the loosest table i can find (i look for the highest players/hand percentage) and play there. At the table, i prey on the players who either 1) have alot of chips and are playing very loosely and overvalue TPTK type hands, or 2) i look for the guys who sit down with $50 at a $200 table. These guys usually are playing at a level too big for their BR and usually pick a hand and push. I like to trap these suckers with big hands and stack off with them :) I also make alot of notes too based on how they play, what kinds of hands they raise with, how much they overvalue certain hands etc

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/15/06

Bankroll: 1711.20

Played a very short 1/2-hour session at a $1/$2 10-hander, i think about 3 or 4 rounds. Again played tight/aggressive and got some nice small pots. I was blinding out for the first while but after a while of playing so tight, it became easy to steal the blinds of observant players. I think i played one raised pot the whole session: a JJ that i raised, two callers then hit my set on a xJx flop. Didn't get any callers after the flop though :/

Profit: +3.35 - WOOHOO HIGHROLLIN BABY! :)
Bankroll: 1714.55

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q. How do you get a small bankroll?
A. Start with a large one and work back :)

Keep working those numbers Chuck :)

Im around the $50 a day point on .50/$1 tables, might move up not sure,

(voice in head says - he will)

so might bump into each other :)

Continued Good Luck

IanT

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cool
it'd be great to see you at the tables, ian :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/16/06

Bankroll: 1714.55

Decided to hit the SnGs up - $30. First one i played was a real tight table, and i went broke with QQ vs AA when maybe i should have layed it down.
Second sng i was playing fine, but made a bad call when blinds were high with AJ vs AQ (-$60 :(). Decided to hit up the cash tables (1/2 10-handed, 2 tables for 1/2hr total). Played a very tight aggressive style and took down lots of pots with continuation bets. I got 1 stackoff (see pic) and the rest of my profits were just PF raises and flop bets - i never made it to the turn except for this AQ hand. :)

Profit: +109.65
Bankroll: 1824.20

Attachments

• fdafdsada.JPG
    fdafdsada.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 127
Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, donks do exist at the $1/$2 tables. That was an amazing push on the river. Some folks just can't believe that their big pair can actually be beat...even with overcards and a bettor/caller to the river. Oh well, that is why there is money to be made at this game.

Congrats!
CORYAN

AlurOne

AlurOne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how did this thread slip by me? :confused:

anyway, i'm glad i'm here to watch your progress chuck. great job building from your freeroll winnings, and reading all of the posts is incredibly educational for me. i'm glad you have started to recover after the rough stretch.
keep it up man - i want to see you hit that 4k mark and get back to the 2/4 games. you're helping me a lot here!

B

bellhead1970

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just found this website and am still learning ¨first post¨, but have the cowboys and seeing AA on flop I would have checked, if you would have betted anything I would have laid them down. Too many people play aces. After reading for awhile I have become alot better at just laying hands down due to getting burned too much by staying.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/17/06

Bankroll: 1824.20

Played in the $10 rebuy, 5K guaranteed for the first time in a while and went out on a bad beat. I was doin fairly well at the time too. $20 down the drain.
let my lil' bro play with 5$ of mine at a 1c/2c table and he lost a buck :p
also i played some 1/2 shorthanded and my goodness what a table...one player who was fairly solid was having a huge battle with another guy who was a complete donk. Money was flying all night and the solid player turned really rude and tilted alot. Too bad i didn't get good hands at the proper times to capitalize - those guys were playing VERY poorly.
I can only hope to find a table like that again :/

Profit: -17.82
Bankroll: 1806.38

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woah okay, what a relief. I was lookin for a micro game yesterday and saw "you" sitting at a 6max .01/.02 table, and was like WTF? Did he dump his entire BR?! Sat down and watched for a while, and was like holy crap he's playing horrible.. (sorry lil bro!).

Now it makes sense, lmao.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL! ya that was my little brother and we were both drunk at the time :/
JL saw him at a micro too and thought it was me a while back

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20/05/06

Bankroll: 1806.38

the one 1/2 10-handed that was open was completely full so i started my own and while playing with only 4 players, suffered a $50+ beat with my QT vs. KT with top pair. My whole session was battling back from that loss - i did alright in the end. Played roughly 2 hrs i think, then i played 45 very profitable minutes on a s/h 1/2 table.

Profit: +23.00
Bankroll: 1829.38

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep it up! This is very impressive.

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice man. I kinda like the higher-limits shorthanded every once in a while. Though I've only played it once.. but i made over $10 at a .25/.50 6max table ;)

Anyway, good to see you back on the road to BR recovery. :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks spore - and congrats on the winnings :)
i really appreciate the support guys - it sounds cheezy but it really helps sometimes

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management