ACR pick a color to double your winnings

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never even thought about trying this. Because what's the point of studying and playing poker if you are willing to gamble everything on a coin flip?
Someone give this individual a cookie! I could not agree more... Don't waste your time on these coin flips! You've put in the long hours studying and grinding just to risk it all on a 50/50? No thank you!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never do. Play poker for several hours and then do a coin toss? No thanks.

JAE1957

JAE1957

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it a couple of times after a low (less than $1.00 win) I have won once or twice but not enough to convince me to try it if I win over a buck.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done this 7 or 8 times and I'm even.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done it once and I lost and that was the end of that. Don't know which color I picked. Not that I believe that it really matters honestly.

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used it several time, for some reason after a cash game I win almost every time..although after tourneys I have lost ever time.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won $1.10 in a freeroll a few months ago.

Did that and won four times in a row to make it $17.60.

I then went on to turn that $17.60 into $170 over the next two to three days playing 25NL cash games... Then I plateaued at $150 day 3 and proceeded to lose it all the fourth and fifth day smh... It was a fun little ride.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your wife has such a lucky hand you may consider renting her services.
You could easy get 20-40% of profit and take only the customers that won over $50.
Well all good things come to an end, we lost 1 the other day!:D:D

Aestheticzz

Aestheticzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone give this individual a cookie! I could not agree more... Don't waste your time on these coin flips! You've put in the long hours studying and grinding just to risk it all on a 50/50? No thank you!

Exactly. I tried it once with just $0.09 from a freebuy, lost, and will never do it again.:mad:

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what it seems like, a handful of people have actually won by doing this. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I've had doubts about ACR's legitimacy and authenticity on the poker tables in general so there's no way I could allow myself to let the site dictate whether or not I double up or lose (even if it's small change)

I wouldn't suggest it but you are your own person and can make your own decisions.
Regardless, good luck on the tables!

DaFrank

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean why not pick your hand and just shove your money in?

I guess you can't guarantee a call but it seems like a better way to double or nothing?

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading this I tried it once it on a small win, and picked black twice and won twice.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually won a couple of times picking the right color:0) For a second there I always thought the color was always red but It actually does change:0) Its a fun gamble if you have the extra money some times

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Double Up

Since I read your post the other day I have given this a try with max amount being $1.00. so far 3 for 3 winning.

Like most I don't think I would try this with any major amount of $$. Hard enough to win here without giving them more :D

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No point in doing it you will likely lose than you would win.
Save it and try another MTT or cashgame/sit&go instead of trying to hit red or black
Might aswell go play roulette while you're at it same thing you can bet or red or black odd or even just stick it into poker, not saying you can't do it or shouldn't do roulette but you gotta deal with it like a badbeat if you don't win anything.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done this a few times. Always with $5 or less. I've lost more often. Something like 7 of 10. And twice I've drawn a green joker- auto lose. So you're not even 50/50. I don't mind having the option though.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stick to betting, (using some skill), playing a coin flip (red/black), is just gambling. I wish that I knew how to get it to go away, afraid that I will accidentally click on it some day.
Under options, click table options and untick the last box in the first list that comes up. This will disable the option.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Easy solution, if something doesn't work for you don't do it.
I also did it twice and lost, that won't happen again!
Do as ChickedArise suggests, problem solved.

Last edited:
J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it once and lost on a very small dollar amount. It seems like they could easily cheat.

C

Cory55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's an awful idea for a poker site, Imagine mis clicking after a big score Lol

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so let me get this straight, if you get a chance to double your winnings picking ether black or red, and there is the chance you could get a joker, how in the world can the odds be 50/50?

wouldn't the possibility of a joker change the odds giving the house a advantage.
( don't know exactly, thinking 4 or 5% house adv. )

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never do. Play poker for several hours and then do a coin toss? No thanks.

I agree. I have had that thing pop up so often and I could never bring myself to do it until the other day. I won like .15 cents in a freeroll and it asked if I'd like to try and double up. I did just because its only .15 cents and I actually won lol. I will probably never to it again but I didn't trust and actually am 1 for 1 lol.

DaFrank

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading this I tried it once it on a small win, and picked black twice and won twice.

I've done it once after a small .15 cents win on a freeroll chose black and doubled up.
I don't see myself ever doing it again but heck, I'm one for one.

DaFrank

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were times, I played in this red black, sometimes won sometimes lost. Lately I prefer to play cash.