Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, this is a first. I didn't even see how the hand went, because I was out of the hand and I was watching a YouTube video, but when I looked over to see the next hand, I saw this message instead, and I couldn't go back to see what happened in the last hand. How does a misdeal happen in an online game?

Btw, this pic is from the hand immediately following the misdeal hand.

Acrmisdeal 20240418

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Alright, it just happened again in the same game. I was in the BB, One player went all-in for 175K (the one directly across from me) and had 2 or 3 callers before it was my turn. I was in the BB and folded. I didn't see the full outcome of the hand, but it delayed awhile after it was over. Then got this message again on the next hand and got my BB back and they shifted the button...

Acrmisdeal 20240418 02

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Well, this is a first. I didn't even see how the hand went, because I was out of the hand and I was watching a YouTube video, but when I looked over to see the next hand, I saw this message instead, and I couldn't go back to see what happened in the last hand. How does a misdeal happen in an online game?

Btw, this pic is from the hand immediately following the misdeal hand.

View attachment 358877
It gets used to and shows that there are many flaws in the online poker game
But hope the loopholes will be ironed out, have a happy day everyone!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is bizarre and yet I'd rather get something ridiculous like this than get my table randomly closed in the middle of a hand and the entire client immobilized by glitchy software on a certain other site.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a strange one. I haven't played on ACR for awhile now because my computers are all too old and I can't play on ACR on them.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
That's a first (after playing online for over 20 years).

Makes you wonder if any "misdeals" go unnoticed.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen this happen on ACR Poker or elsewhere. Not sure how a misdeal is even possible in online poker?
This has happened to me a few times in some rooms, not just ACR, including the cancellation of a tournament in which I already had a lot of chips and a lot of advantage, and they only refunded the buyin amount.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This has happened to me a few times in some rooms, not just ACR, including the cancellation of a tournament in which I already had a lot of chips and a lot of advantage, and they only refunded the buyin amount.

I've seen cancelation of touneys during a tourney before and have gotten buy-ins refunded. But this is a first that I've seen a misdeal in an online tourney.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very strange . And unpleasant , annoying, especially for the player that would have won this hand and now he will simply not win anything at all . I had problem at ACR with disconnections (that happen at crucial important moments ) , but never misdeal .

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably some bug in their program, or maybe not. There's a possibility that it is one of their security protocols to prevent hackers from controlling play of the game. If that were the case this is probably the best way they can explain why the hand is being played over.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
wow, this is really the first time I’ve seen this, I wonder what the support responded if you contacted

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably connection issues on the server side. Especially if it happened multiple times over a short time period.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As others have mentioned before, this is the first time I see this as well. Crazy!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cancellation of tournaments happen, when the server crash and cant be restarted within a reasonable period of time. This is a completely reasonable thing, since players cant expected to sit around and wait an unknown amount of time for play to be resumed. Sites all have a set cancellation policy, and sometimes this is to your advantage, while other times its not.

But in the long run it levels out, and its equal for everyone, so its fair. For instance ACR has also refunded me for tournaments, where I had already busted. This happen, when sites do a socalled "rollback". This however was not cancellations but just a random short glitch, where some hands were dealth but then cancalled with chips being returned to players.
Probably connection issues on the server side. Especially if it happened multiple times over a short time period.
Yes that seems like the most plausible explanation.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was it a wrong deal? the distribution of cards right?
Cancellation of tournaments happen, when the server crash and cant be restarted within a reasonable period of time. This is a completely reasonable thing, since players cant expected to sit around and wait an unknown amount of time for play to be resumed. Sites all have a set cancellation policy, and sometimes this is to your advantage, while other times its not.

But in the long run it levels out, and its equal for everyone, so its fair. For instance ACR has also refunded me for tournaments, where I had already busted. This happen, when sites do a socalled "rollback". This however was not cancellations but just a random short glitch, where some hands were dealth but then cancalled with chips being returned to players.

Yes that seems like the most plausible explanation.
Yes, this happens at a very low frequency.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think this is all you need to know to realize that there are some major fundamental flaws with ACR. I keep hoping and trying to get my state to leglize online poker, heck, we legalized weed, why the hell not??? HA HA

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen this on ACR before. Years ago in a cash game.

Everything seemed normal. Then the game paused or froze for a few seconds and the misdeal message came up.

I still have no idea how this can happen.

What? The server recognized it dealt the Ace of spades to two players simultaneously??? o_O

But I endorse the plausibility of sever connection issues.

And I fear Emily's explanation of cheating.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What? The server recognized it dealt the Ace of spades to two players simultaneously??? o_O
LOL almost certainly not that.
But I endorse the plausibility of sever connection issues.
Yes that seems more likely. Maybe the server lost connection and "forgot", which cards it had dealt, and then of course the hand can not be finished. So technically not really a misdeal but a cancellation of a hand due to temporary server issues.
And I fear Emily's explanation of cheating.
I think, the above is far more likely.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got one today also, so seems to be a new "feature" of their software. Did not pay enough attention to even see, if a hand was actually cancelled :)