ACR the magical river land

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know much like slot machines. These games are all are rng's as well. So what do you expect.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Love the topic title... Always nice when i'm the beneficiary..

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is a very strange office ... I agree that a very strange game takes place on the later streets, and on the flop in general ... I have never seen such a thing anywhere ... I played more tournament poker there, but when I sat down at the tables .. my AAs were killed by a gutshot
.something like this has happened several times ...

Last edited:
abtvah

abtvah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most RNGs/Algos on all poker rooms are rigged, or at least those that I have tested. The only exception is pokerstars, I don't know if I haven't faced it yet there or it is not at all. About ACR/BCP? Yes definitely the algorithm intentionally changes the flop to flare the heat up. Take for example the tournaments actions, where most times big premium hands tie together on a flop where an Ace will win. You will face such a scenario 8 out of 10. Someone has Ace and Ace will hit on flop! A3o will win KQs!

C

cypherpup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this same thing happen to me time and time again. Just have to take the beatings and move on. Yes it sucks. Yes you lose money in the process but thats just poker sometimes.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not just the river

Just busted out in two ACR tourneys with simular hands. In the first hand I play in both. Actually first hand in second tourney. Tourney#1 I had AK suited. Flop came out A,k,5. Rainbow. I bet pot, he raised I raise, he's all in. I call and he flop over AA. Ok it happens
#2 tourney I had A,7 off. He limps,I raise he calls. Flop came out A,k,7. He bet half pot,I raise, he raises I go all in he calls. Flop over A,A. I do have a rule on ACR that I don't play out hands where I flop two pair on the flop. You think I would learn by now to follow my rules.

Aestheticzz

Aestheticzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there's an RNG actually being used it's broken. For all those in disbelief that there isn't something screwed up going on ( not on this site but all of them) riddle me this?

When was the last time you shoved all in against two or less callers online and neither caller caught a piece of the board? Or how about saw a dry board that no one caught any of?

Just like the stupidy I was just involved in:
Three players
Me ace king clubs
Opp 1 7/9 offsuit
Opp 2. 5/7 clubs

Flop Ace (Spades) 8/10 clubs

I get a bet and a shove in front of me opp 1 has table covered long story short jack diamond river gives them the straight for the win.

No I'm not crying about the hand it happens but it seems like every single hand it's like this? Even when the clown with 6/3 off shoves preflop it's hits them with a straight or trips every time?

Do they have a crystal ball? Can they see what's coming before you do? Or is the system programmed to generate action? If it's the latter and I think we all agree it's programmed to create action then there's nothing Random about it?

Thoughts?

I wonder sometimes if I had folded if the flop would have been the same or if it would change to better suit the remaining players in the hand? Which again destroys the chance of it being random. The world will never know

75%+ of hands aren't decided until the river; don't be surprised at the outcome not always going in your favor / the most probable outcome.:rolleyes:

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbh I dont play that much in ACR. Is it every single flop an action flop realy? I bet everything I have that this is an overgeneralised statement.

And to answer to your question about rigged action hands in tournaments. Poker sites makes money through rake. If we were talking about action hands in cash games were there is rake in every pot that would be a completely different thing. But in tourneys the rake is getting paid by the buyin. I can understand cash game hands but why on earth a poker site would want to rig a tourney????:confused::confused:
Ps. Are we really comparing live to online tourneys from a time perspective? The same hand would take a lot more for live to be played compared to online for obvious reasons.

To funny. Why would anybody want to rig a tourney. You wouldn't change the programming to suite one game over another because it would be noticeable for sure. But if the program benefits action more money movement it does the same job. Knocking out players in a tourney so they can join another. Moving money aground on a cash table. To believe it's not possible to rig something online is truly naïve. But with out proof your no closer to solving the question. If you make money online then treat. If you don't start thinking if it's entertaining at least. If neither then why are you playing online.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coincidence

Two days in a row I got t three pairs in a row and lost on third pair to knock out of tourney. To funny
Today I got AA and everyone folded to me. They won
Second hand I got pocket 7 hit flop everyone folds.
Third hand I got pocket 5. Limped in flop comes bingo a set. But raises,I raise he goes all in. He hit a set on the flop to. Set of sixes.
Now getting knocked out of a tourney isn't new. But gettin knock out two days in a row with the three pocket paIrs in a row losing set over set on third has to be way up in the odds chart. Lucky me. Or is it. This wasnt ACR for once.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two days in a row I got t three pairs in a row and lost on third pair to knock out of tourney. To funny
Third hand I got pocket 5. Limped in flop comes bingo a set. But raises,I raise he goes all in. He hit a set on the flop to. Set of sixes.
Now getting knocked out of a tourney isn't new. But gettin knock out two days in a row with the three pocket paIrs in a row losing set over set on third has to be way up in the odds chart. Lucky me. Or is it. This wasnt ACR for once.
That's what I ment when I started the thread man. There's something screwy and it's not just selective memory? I literally flopped a set of Kings on a king high rainbow board K,Q,7 something like that king queen something. Opponent shoves all in this is heads up last two in a tournament. They shove all in I call they turn over ace Queen turn and River runner runner Queens I know it happens but it happens way more often there.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Just lost again on different site but to funny. Got a pair of aces never get to get everyone folds to BB. Next hand got pocket 8. Flop comes q,83. Guy jams. He has pocket q. No raise all folds to him. Set on set. Three in just this morning session. I'm truly the unlucky guy ON the internet.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seems like you're not learning from this.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged is rigged. But are you entertained.
I don't mind that is rigged because I don't deposit. To suggest is rigged with out proof is crazy. But you can't prove anything other than the whole cards are coming out in a manor to suggest the cards are random. Not that the cards on the streets are legit.
The same stuff happens over and over. Big stacks can play with almost anything and usually win. I don't normally go all in pre flop. I'm usually a heavy favorite only to lose to a runner runner. If it was 1/4 times I wouldn't sweat it it. But it the opposite. I lose 3/4. Those are not acceptable. Even if you chance chawith high pair. Play aggressive and get it down to heads up pre flop. You don't find it funny how well people hit. The other common thing is if you hit mid pair with a high kicker. They hit the set. Funny is if no being happens you will hit the second card. Inducing action. Only time I'm this lucky is when I'm beat. I've changed my strategy knowing everyone is going to get set up just look for it. Usually the bigger the hand the more the cos the bigger the suck out.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just thought

I'll tell you why is entertaining. You may as well just go all in when you feel like it. Just played four tourneys in a row. I had a,k every time and I just went all in to see. Every time it was something like 6,9 and they hit both their cards. What are the chances they hit their cards all four times. Coincidence I don't think so. If I didn't have the frame of mind that it was fixed I would go insane thinking I'm the unluckiest guy in the world. Go figure. May of had two many beers tonight.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We conspiracy people are just crazy. How in the world could you think online is rigged. You just suck. You can't play the game. You don't know pot odds. Keeping up with outs is too difficult. What have I missed. Damn Dalove this imitation of the game I love. Drink another one.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like you're not learning from this.
I give up at this point. I know it's in front of me but I just don't have the capacity to figure it out. I really tighten up my play only to get drawn into hands that should win and still lose. I'm talking hands like full houses over full houses. You can't get away from that. I defiantly see a underdog scenario. Unless of coarse you are big stack. They can play with just about anything. I've given up on online poker. I've gone back to this creepy back woods live game a second time and did great again. So I think my game is good enough to make a few bucks. I mean come on. I flop a boat four different times two day ago and lost all four to higher boats. That just unreal. Insane how everyone hits online.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play acr different than 888. At acr i know i can be paitient and get aa/kk within a few times around and if you get a nice stack going you can go silent until you get your quads. You will get quads.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I give up at this point. I know it's in front of me but I just don't have the capacity to figure it out. I really tighten up my play only to get drawn into hands that should win and still lose. I'm talking hands like full houses over full houses. You can't get away from that. I defiantly see a underdog scenario. Unless of coarse you are big stack. They can play with just about anything. I've given up on online poker. I've gone back to this creepy back woods live game a second time and did great again. So I think my game is good enough to make a few bucks. I mean come on. I flop a boat four different times two day ago and lost all four to higher boats. That just unreal. Insane how everyone hits online.
I think you're doing pretty well in coping with what you're finding. I really don't know what's happening at ACR as I am spending all my time at 888 now and can't stand ACR's software. Does ACR have hand history? If so, take a look at the repeating cases, such as where a particular player goes on a prolonged heater. Compare them and see if there are any similarities in how different players end up on the heater. I don't think it has anything to do with the hole cards that they are playing but rather at their timing of when they play (and maybe against who) versus when they fold. It's a long process but I think you may find your answers there. If there's nothing.. then it may simply be that some accounts just cannot win over the long term and ACR just randomly assigns "heaters" to accounts. I hope that's not the case because it would be a very boring, anticlimatic conclusion.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Magical

I played in twelve tourneys to day. I was knocked out of all twelve ahead on the turn and killed by the river every time. It's a miracle. Stay thirsty my friends.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
75%+ of hands aren't decided until the river; don't be surprised at the outcome not always going in your favor / the most probable outcome.:rolleyes:
I think what is missed is that you put these people all in if they call on the flop or turn and they get there. When I play live I hope to have people taking their chances on a draw. Trust me it's much more profitable in live than it's ever been online. Go figure.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny thing is how often that river turns the hand around. The longer that hesitation you know your done.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbh I dont play that much in ACR. Is it every single flop an action flop realy? I bet everything I have that this is an overgeneralised statement.

And to answer to your question about rigged action hands in tournaments. Poker sites makes money through rake. If we were talking about action hands in cash games were there is rake in every pot that would be a completely different thing. But in tourneys the rake is getting paid by the buyin. I can understand cash game hands but why on earth a poker site would want to rig a tourney????:confused::confused:

Ps. Are we really comparing live to online tourneys from a time perspective? The same hand would take a lot more for live to be played compared to online for obvious reasons.

poker sites get more rake from more buy ins. So if you take a bad beat in the early in the tourney the more likely you are to reenter the tournament. That equals more rake.