ACR On Demand $10 Freerolls

nestabear

nestabear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play these next to my paid tourneys... its free cash so why not. I''ve won a couple of them & ended up in the top 3 on the leader board, but failed to cash in. I disagree that you not learning when playing these free rolls, any time you playing poker you learning.

N

naddyone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reminds me of the 180/270 freerolls on fooltilt b4 black friday. Still fun and no money cost.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't ever think that freerolls play the same as if you have skin in the game. They never do and never will.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these next to my paid tourneys... its free cash so why not. I''ve won a couple of them & ended up in the top 3 on the leader board, but failed to cash in. I disagree that you not learning when playing these free rolls, any time you playing poker you learning.

But you can form bad habits by playing the same style that is normally played in free rolls.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But you can form bad habits by playing the same style that is normally played in free rolls.[/QUOTE

I believe this mentality could be helpful to players that do not have a good base and lack strong fundamentals. However, if you are wanting to be a winning player you have to be able to adapt to what your given. That being said, you will not play the same in a free roll tournament as you would in the Main Event "unless the table your playing in at the Main Event is playing like a free roll which believe me some of them do" because for the most part higher buy in tournaments bring in a higher skilled player base. There are still A LOT of donkey's in ALL levels of tournaments the amount just decreases and the stakes increase. Navigating a field of players playing a free roll you will need different strategies to combat the different styles of play. There is no ONE way to play poker, only adapting to the style of play at the table and how the individual player you are in a hand is playing. All this to say, sure it can form bad habits for people who have yet to build a firm foundation of the game but if you want to be a good player you should be able to win in ALL circumstances.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until you get down to the final 60 players that's exactly the way you have to play. Then you need to play more position poker.

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play those to waste time and go all in every other hand. It's truly a wild game at best. However if you have nothing else to do and are just blowing a little time with no commitment then go for it. I'm actually in one now as i'm typing. I don't believe you'll learn anything useful about poker playing this games though.

S

Sunshinerise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good way to learn a bout a poker

N

NJW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have gotten to the top 20-30 a few times but have never managed to cash in one.

It takes almost 4 hours to actually finish the tournament so not a great use of time but a bit of fun to have one running along side other tables. Best to just play very tight at the start and look to get all in preflop as a massive favourite as donkeys just open shove any two cards.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play those to waste time and go all in every other hand. It's truly a wild game at best. However if you have nothing else to do and are just blowing a little time with no commitment then go for it. I'm actually in one now as i'm typing. I don't believe you'll learn anything useful about poker playing this games though.

I disagree, if you understand what it is you are playing and understand all the variants going on then you can still learn from these. I'll agree that early on especially during registration there isn't much to be learned because you are dodging the people logging in to shove their 1500 and build a stack to play on. However I have found some really good play late in these tournaments. So, yea there is some merit in what you are saying if you wanna blow a little time sure you can go on their and donk off chips, same way as you can go to the play money area and donk off chips their. Only difference is on the free rolls you can actually make a profit.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I disagree with you on most of this. If you understand all the variants in the game then you can approach it in a way that can still be a good learning tool. I agree that it is a wild game at the start. Yes you have to dodge the people registering to jam 1500 with anything, but the game in the late stages is some really good play. Sure if you are bored and want to waste time then you can register donk off 1500 and go on with your day, but you can also do that on the play money areas that ACR offers, difference is here you can actually make a profit.

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with you on most of this. If you understand all the variants in the game then you can approach it in a way that can still be a good learning tool. I agree that it is a wild game at the start. Yes you have to dodge the people registering to jam 1500 with anything, but the game in the late stages is some really good play. Sure if you are bored and want to waste time then you can register donk off 1500 and go on with your day, but you can also do that on the play money areas that ACR offers, difference is here you can actually make a profit.
I understand the variants of poker, trust me on that. I've been playing the game for several decades. If $2.50 is worth your time of going through a donk feast of an hour and a half to reach the last 9 players for a learning tool is good for you then so be it. I don't believe the money jump from $1.11 to $1.18 promotes good play by any means, just all ins by position. However I'm willing to agree to disagree if that's fine with you. I'm aware that all players may no have been playing maybe as long as you and I. But what you have to endure to get to that last few players to get to a few that will actually fold a hand isn't much of a learning tool at all IMO. It can teach some bad habits though. Especially for a new player learning the game.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them because I don't want to put any money into online poker. It gives you the opportunity to play for free and a chance to win something. The trick is to take that short money win and roll it into something big.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you want to build up a bankroll those $10 games will help as well as any of the many free rolls you need to get the password for. These other games are from $25 to about $250 and you can find the passwords for them if you are tenacious enough. ACR is a good site for the variety but I prefer another site due to the smaller fields and decent pot sizes.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a follow-up I'll be taking my own advice here. Starting from a balance of $0.17 I'll be playing on ACR as often as I can relative to the best free rolls available (field, expertise of said field and prize distribution).

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
these tourneys are good ways to pass the time and perhaps work on your game a bit.
I have won a lot of them just sitting around watching tv, etc.
but no, if youre expecting good poker, lol, this is definitely not the tournament for you.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started trying them out, it's fun to kill time. Seemed easy to double up, just look for the all-in bluff calls, easy so long as you hit something on the board,

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, I have played a few of these as well, won a few , cashed in others , my handle there is "ninjaxreal" , I'm not sure about bot stuff, i usually dont chat in tourneys since I used the option showing current position/players remaining (and also find it annoying that the hand details are in the same window as the chat, so chats will get "swept by" along with hand data)
If that chat window was separate and shows up on the table (similar to netbet chat) then I'd chat more,
I think these freerolls are about finding a rhythm, i have played say 6 in a day and gotten to top 35-40 in all 6 in one sitting, unfortunately donk plays still exist at the 45> mark, so some days get knocked out in top 35 in all 6 , so some learning is there to be had perhaps, i have cashed 3 or 4 consequtively in one sitting as well, so like I say , might be a "rhythm " thing

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for "time wasting" , yes , 3-4 hours to get maybe $0.55 can seem a waste at times , depends on one's bankroll I'd say, I do like that it forces you to get into the top 10 to cash, other sites are top 18 or more, top 10 really brings out the determination (having said that I've have unfortunately gotten knocked out in 11th place a few times :p )

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They aren't worth playing for any other reason than to try out the software.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing a lot of these while waiting to join the CC Freeroll club (I applied a week ago, and am really looking forward to getting in).

It seems that on these particular freerolls, it's even wilder and woollier (is that even a word?) than the typical freeroll, and that's saying something. IME, it almost seems best to play the entire tournament like I'm in the Red Zone (that is, less than 5xBlinds).

IOW, it seems like the only viable options are to fold, or just go all-in - at least most of the time.

You will get lots of terrible calls playing shove fold. I usually just shove my top 15% of hands and fold like a monk until there's about 80 people left, then i use my table reads and try to cash.

Freeroll Passwords