ACR $1000 and $2000 Newbie Games

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played one last night. First place 192.00 But today ITM, after hours, they suddenenly shut down the site for an upgrade..WTH
OK showoff....lol, just kidding. Congratulations! That takes patience to finish !st in one of those cause there is some wild play. Good work. I usually go out with pocket KK up against pocket AA or such.:D:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UGH!

I was thinking of depositing to play in these. But now, I'm not so sure. Have you guys made any deposits here? What method? Any issues to be aware of?
I won my BR in freerolls. In Feb. ACR had a big freeroll series and I cashed in a few including $120 in one of them. If you keep your eyes on it they will probably have more and you can try to win a BR for yourself. Good luck.:D:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UGH!

I was thinking of depositing to play in these. But now, I'm not so sure. Have you guys made any deposits here? What method? Any issues to be aware of?
Another site you can win a BR on is Bet Online. They have a freeroll almost every hour that range from $10 to $300. I like that site also as I cash quite often.:D:D

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with B1

The free rolls are plentiful on ACR and BCP. Especially once your a free roll club member. They just take time. I figure it was worth it to the 5 players each day who win satellite tickets to the 180,000 gaurantee, right?

J

JKKeys45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If only these didn't take so long.....

Sum420gt

Sum420gt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bank wont allow me to make a deposit to ACR or else id love to get in on these games!

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bank wont allow me to make a deposit to ACR or else id love to get in on these games!
You can buy pre-paid cards at walmart that will do the job. Then you can come play the games and give me your money lol.:D:D

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If only these didn't take so long.....

I don't play the whole thing. Just register in 3-4 levels before late registration finishes and then you can wait for a solid hand and double up. People play really weird in theses and you can't play from begining and expect to last long lol:D

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The free rolls are plentiful on ACR and BCP. Especially once your a free roll club member. They just take time. I figure it was worth it to the 5 players each day who win satellite tickets to the 180,000 gaurantee, right?

What is exactly this free roll club member?
Where should I sign up for this?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Warning - the Newbie $2000 has 5 hours (25 levels) of late registration, so it lasts about 10 hours...
Yes it does. In the first two I played I found this to be a problem. They also play very loose. I then started signing up in the last level of late registration with 1 minute left and I have cashed every time since. I also got used to the type of play and started getting in much earlier and still cash every time so far. So best of luck and hope to see you at the tables,:D:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UGH!

Made my BR on freerolls. If you read my responses in this thread I laid out my strategy to start cashing. They play very loose, mostly early on, but you play careful you will be fine. Good luck and hope to see you at the tables.:D:D

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done the freeroll bankroll thing on many sites over many years. I just don't have the time anymore. I'd rather, at this point in my life, just put some cash on the site and sit at the cash table. I suppose if I find time I will dabble. I'll definitely play in the CC ones as they're a bit smaller.

Sum420gt

Sum420gt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can buy pre-paid cards at walmart that will do the job. Then you can come play the games and give me your money lol.:D:D

Hmm, thanks for the advice i will have to look into that. Ive actually tried that in the past but it was probably about 5 years ago so maybe they are excepting more forms of payment now :D

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play the whole thing. Just register in 3-4 levels before late registration finishes and then you can wait for a solid hand and double up. People play really weird in theses and you can't play from begining and expect to last long lol:D

It is almost impossible to survive from beginning. As an example, people shove their flush or straight draws while they are very deep and if you call them one of them will hit flush or straight and you loose a huge amount of your chips. I tried to play from beginning several times and managed to get to the money but it is really hard! does not worth the time and effort!

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it does. In the first two I played I found this to be a problem. They also play very loose. I then started signing up in the last level of late registration with 1 minute left and I have cashed every time since. I also got used to the type of play and started getting in much earlier and still cash every time so far. So best of luck and hope to see you at the tables,:D:D

What would be the best strategy to play these? are these any different than the 1000 guaranteed?
Do you call when they shove weird hands?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have cashed in all but 2 games that I have played. You may want to try signing up in the last minute of the last level of registration and your chances of making the money will be much better. I play most of the game but play thees tourneys very tight. Hope to see you at the tables and best of luck.:D:D

Can we get one of the mods to delete this thread? You are giving way too much strategy, haha.

Made my BR on freerolls. If you read my responses in this thread I laid out my strategy to start cashing. They play very loose, mostly early on, but you play careful you will be fine. Good luck and hope to see you at the tables.:D:D

Just curious, do you mind sharing what your BR is at now?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many of you are playing in the ACR $1000 and $2000 Guaranteed Newbie MTTs? And if you are playing how are you doing? I find they are a good way to build my BR. Hope to see you there and good luck at the tables.:D:D

I'm playing every day this tournament with a good regularity. I am always among the first thirty places and got a second place. My nick in the ACR is alecspr.

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ACR Rep,

I never received any tourny bucks when I signed up for ACR in February.... Was there some little step I overlooked? Could you help me find and redeem them as I've deposited over 200 bucks in my ACR account since I signed up. Thanks

I'm not the ACR Rep, but I know the way: click in rewards , then special offers . Then the screen will appear the tourney bucks. But I believe what has limited period.
Good Luck.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK showoff....lol, just kidding. Congratulations! That takes patience to finish !st in one of those cause there is some wild play. Good work. I usually go out with pocket KK up against pocket AA or such.:D:D

Thanks Bomber

I love those games

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love these games also but like someone mentioned before they are long game so wait til blinds get up before regging is best bet.

bonestattoo

bonestattoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried them, they seem like a donk fest. but they are fun. Look for Bonestattoo, say HI

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play theses some times

I like the slow pace game it gives you time to play the game and wait for good hands to take out the hard core gamblers.. My problems are later in the game when every one is all in every few hands and the gamblers are hitting there all in with 38!:cool: Just got to hope the odds roll your way I suppose

JayBonez

JayBonez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had spoted success with these. Kept getting my top pairs called, and sucked out on. I much rather play sit n gos to build my bankroll. I found the 7 pm 1000 better than the 2000.

Top 10 Games