WSOP 2014 - Main Event

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've now watched all but the episode before the Nov. 9....

I think overall it was a very solid production. I like the effort they made to highlight the non-pros...I think that is good for poker. Pappas seems like a nice guy; I would love to see him do well and change his life forever.

The only people who came off really badly were like Rystadt and Brian Roberts (guy from 2m2m).....and Rystadt just looked clownish, not douchey. Getting caught on tape asking for a pushbot sheet is a pretty big no no for a pro; that isn't something you want to broadcast to millions of amateur/beginning players for a multitude of reasons.

I didn't watch a minute of 2013's coverage.....wonder if it be worth a glance if I am bored after football season?

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually the only person who came off badly was that kid who slowrolled Dan Smith.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've now watched all but the episode before the Nov. 9....

I think overall it was a very solid production. I like the effort they made to highlight the non-pros...I think that is good for poker. Pappas seems like a nice guy; I would love to see him do well and change his life forever.

The only people who came off really badly were like Rystadt and Brian Roberts (guy from 2m2m).....and Rystadt just looked clownish, not douchey. Getting caught on tape asking for a pushbot sheet is a pretty big no no for a pro; that isn't something you want to broadcast to millions of amateur/beginning players for a multitude of reasons.

I didn't watch a minute of 2013's coverage.....wonder if it be worth a glance if I am bored after football season?

Now that I've had a chance to watch more of the Main (my local network is showing the last 2 hours starting at Midnight, so I'm probably going to get very little sleep tonight), I have to agree about Rystadt. Although watching the personal profile about him impressed me in that he has a very good perspective on life, he just seemed to just go nuts when the cameras were on. Of course ESPN controls what they show so that needs to be considered, but clownish is a good description.

Actually the only person who came off badly was that kid who slowrolled Dan Smith.

Yeah, I totally agree. I have no idea what his deal was, but boy he got his when Smith rivered that straight against him and then he called off the rest of his stack. Funny though how karma hit both he and Rystadt in the Main.

Anyhow, the broadcast starts shortly, can't wait to watch it. Then the final table on Monday and Tuesday.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game is not an exciting watch. It is like standing in front of the window of a restaurant watching people eat. You would rather be participating than watching.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
The Farrah blow up was painful. Looked like he was just clicking buttons.
Having caught all the coverage I'd like to see Pappas take it down.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean the wsop main 2014? I am wondering if i can watch it live through internet (for free, espn3 is streaming live but it cost $$$) Would be great if someone got a link for me. Hope to watch some action of the FT.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snappy - The Little Crocodile

Every time I see Billy Pappas' hat I have this strange urge to sing: "Schnappi, Schnappi, Schnappi - Das Kleine Krokodi!" Anyone with me? :D

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Farrah blow up was painful. Looked like he was just clicking buttons.
Having caught all the coverage I'd like to see Pappas take it down.

Serra?

The guy from small town Ohio?

Ya, he just fell apart in the 2nd to last episode. I think a lot of guy see people around them doing X,Y,Z and think there is no way for them to make it unless they can pull out the 4/5/6 bets with nothing.

Honestly, you gotta stick with your game and hope to your best.

Serra just blew up and admitted as much on the telecast. It happens; I have done it in donkaments of trivial importance compared to the ME.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Y'all should edit the thread title & put ***SPOILERS*** so that I remember not to click on it so fast HaHa

47goonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MAIN EVENT FINAL TABLE

Looking forward to watching tonight.
Here's my prediction for final finishing spots:
1. van Hoof
2. Newhouse
3. Sindelar
4. Tonking
5. Larrabe
6. Politano
7. Stephenson
8. Jacobson
9. Pappas

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow.....No love for the Foosball champion, hehe.

I'd like to see Newhizzle win tonight. I'd be interested to see how he handles being the World Champion. He doesn't necessarily strike me as somebody who is interested in being an ambassador in the Daniel Negreanu mold, but I think he would certainly be a guy that a lot of people can learn from. He's been to the top and back and would surely be somebody who could surprise all of us with how he'd handle being thrust into that position. The one thing he's stressed many times is that he's over wanting to be "the best". He certainly has matured and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

That said, I am, to quote Norman Chad "STOKED" about watching the final table tonight.....I just have to find a live stream since I am in canada and am not 100% sure if the ESPN feed is available for free.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone know any US friendly sites taking bets on final table? lookin forward to it

Steffel

Steffel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm Hoping Newhouse takes it down what a great run with back to back final tables. My prediction is
1. Newhouse
2. Sindelar
3. Tonking
4. Van Hoof
5. Jacobson
6. Pappas
7. Stephenson
8. Larrabe
9. Politano

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
note to self:

SPOILERS will be ITT so don't click on it anymore! HaHa

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather than starting yet another new thread, I did some digging around and came across a couple of links.

http://www.wsop.com/promotions/files/espn-2014-wsop-final-table-international-coverage.pdf

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=291311&part=sports

The WSOP link is probably going to be a little bit more dependable and it definitely covers a larger global audience. So hopefully I'll be able to watch this in its entirely (or at least as much as I can before I just absolutely HAVE to get some sleep - thank goodness I work from home).

Off to do some chores before the broadcast starts. I have 75 minutes so that should be plenty of time to get what I need done done.

(Crossing my fingers one of both of these links are helpful for you). :icon_sunn

47goonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see Newhouse win as well. Newhouse, Politano and van Hoof are my dogs tonight. Politano and van Hoof are just very likable to me, as is Newhouse. I'm not really anti-railing anybody, definitely a fun group.

47goonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, interesting we both picked Stephenson to finish 7th (2nd in chips)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Makes me wish I had non free to air TV, what we call "Pay TV"

ESPN 2 Pac Rim (Australia & new zealand)

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rooting for the degenerate gambler, the ex Borgata champ. You can do it mark and you know it. :icon_king

Steffel

Steffel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, interesting we both picked Stephenson to finish 7th (2nd in chips)
Ya I just think he seems like he was not on top of his game and very timid when involved in a hand. He got lucky that Tom Sarra called his shove with KQ vs his AK. I just don't see him finishing better than 7th.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Who will win 2. who would you like to win?

Looking forward to watching tonight.
Here's my prediction for final finishing spots:
1. van Hoof
2. Newhouse
3. Sindelar
4. Tonking
5. Larrabe
6. Politano
7. Stephenson
8. Jacobson
9. Pappas

Will win: Newhouse
Want: Pappas

1. Newhouse (lucky and right)
2.van Hoot (aces cracked heads up)
3. Larrabe (changed my mind - he might win)
4. Stephenson (genius)
5. Pappas (almost felted in the first hour but miraculous recovery)
6. Sindelar (solid)
7. Tonking (wins first hand but has a wild melt down)
8. Jacobson (card dead)
9. Politano (caught in another massive bluff)

Last edited:
S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is anyone watching the final table? What do you think?

I'm loving this year's coverage with the cards showing and half hour delay.

Newhouse ftw?

WSOP