shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Anyone been following the broadcasts? Just watched the latest two episodes, funny back and forth between Rystadt and alex

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the coverage of this wsop main event have been borderline garbage its kinda hard to watch.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are all the episodes out yet on you tube or how many are out from this years main event? i was just wondering and to lazy to look i guess that would of been the correct move.

B

Bleached

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Question : Who thinks Rystadt is a douche.
He's like the guys that bad mouth you on online poker table chat.

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rystadt was annoying through out the 2 epidsodes.

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm watching the episodes and looking forward to the final table by Brazilian Bruno Foster! hehehe

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I like Rystadt.And even Kerandan Said after the last episode i watched that he started liking the guy.I think at one point Kerandan wanted to choke him.But after a while he saw that Ry was just having fun.Either way it was fun watching them give each other a hard time.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wonder why they decided to start the coverage from day 5

NickFurlano

NickFurlano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the coverage of the main event is terrible now i think 2010 was the last good coverage they did. i really cant explain why i do like it but its just boring now i think. i think we need some new comentators

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you watch episode 2, which I just did on Youtube, you will see CardsChat member Zach Hall at the feature table.
Great job Hackme!!!!!
He makes his debut at 3:41
Nice hat

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching episode 2 last night and saw the hat. CardsChat member, eh? That's hilarious. People seem to have toned down the shenanigans now more so than in past years. That said, you still have to have fun at the tables otherwise, why bother playing???

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watched 3 or 4 episodes... the rainbow umbrella hat appearance by hackmeplz was definitely the best part. :laugh:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that Rystadt is a douche at all, he just talks WAYYYYYYYYY too much, and I agree with Devo about the talking while players at your table are in a hand.

I'm just watching the third episode and I think the guy's just harmless for the most part. I mean, he does have a very positive outlook on life, and that's admirable especially playing a game that will beat you down at times. He's right, why engage in an activity if you're not having fun. However, I do think he crossed the line in the hand when he had Q4 and cracked Keranen's Aces

If I was at a table with him, I'd probably engage minimally with him except when he was in a hand. He does get pretty quiet, so you could probably get a pretty good read off him if you try and engage him then.

PS - I don't mind the ME coverage actually. I still like Lon and Norm a lot and they do work very well together, and having Kara Scott as part of the broadcast adds to it. Not only is she easy on the eyes, she's smart, prepared, and the interviews flow. She does a solid job.

Last edited:
L

lobbyrunner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they need to add the the thousand dollar buy in finaltables back toespn. i miss those days seeing the pros win a bracelet and having the commentary on.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dan smith is a douche. Some pros think they r gods.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they need to add the the thousand dollar buy in finaltables back toespn. i miss those days seeing the pros win a bracelet and having the commentary on.

Every once in a while, I'll watch an old final table from when the WSOP was still back at Binion's. That was when poker was still on the upswing and given I was fortunate to play at Binion's once (just a 1/2 cash game, nothing special) and it just oozes history.

I like the older Main Event coverage, though this year's is pretty good. Some high level play that you likely wouldn't have seen in the Raymer/Hachem/Moneymaker days.

It's like the motto for the PGA tour - These guys (and gals) are good.

L

lobbyrunner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really miss the old espn episodes and i actuallydont mind norman chad anymore.

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That person in the umbrella hat is from cards chat? really? does he wear it every time he plays in a live tournament? It does seem a bit odd, however the hat does stand out and it does give the tournament a bit of a humour. I wonder if players could take read him easily wearing that umbrella :D hehe I know that if i was there i would be staring at the umbrella hat and phil ivey trying to figure out their play.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
main even FT ... is on air next week:D

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hadn't watched any of the WSOP for the last 2 yrs, and just had a week off of work so I got to watch a bunch. The one drop was decent coverage, but I thought the final table/HU was a little disappointing. I thought Daniel looked a little outmatched versus the young guns.

I am only on episode 2 of the ME, but the first episode was really interesting, though I wished they had maybe ONE episode devoted to Days 2/3 together or something. Coming in cold on day 4 was a tiny bit late for me....I did find Ronnie Bardah very likeable and will be rooting for him in future tournaments.

Overall I think Chad and Lon sounded really good/smooth calling the action, but I still would like a couple of additions/tweaks to the graphics. The most obvious tweak would be simply adding a stack size indication for both/all players in the pot. I have been at a loss as to why this hasn't already become the norm.

Hopefully there will be some mention of the HUGELY NEGATIVE changes at Amaya.pokerstars.corp in the coverage of the Nov. 9 as it is huge news ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BE CONSCIOUS OF.

Remember Nov. 5th is sit out day at Pokerstars!!!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hadn't watched any of the WSOP for the last 2 yrs, and just had a week off of work so I got to watch a bunch. The one drop was decent coverage, but I thought the final table/HU was a little disappointing. I thought Daniel looked a little outmatched versus the young guns.

I haven't watched the One Drop yet, but I'm interested in watching it from start to finish to see how Daniel Negreanu did based on your saying he looked outmatched.

I am only on episode 2 of the ME, but the first episode was really interesting, though I wished they had maybe ONE episode devoted to Days 2/3 together or something. Coming in cold on day 4 was a tiny bit late for me....I did find Ronnie Bardah very likeable and will be rooting for him in future tournaments.

I totally agree about Ronnie. A friend of mine played in the Main and had a big hand against him and he said that Bardah is exactly as you see him on camera. People like that, I enjoy having at my table, and yes, I root for people like that.

Overall I think Chad and Lon sounded really good/smooth calling the action, but I still would like a couple of additions/tweaks to the graphics. The most obvious tweak would be simply adding a stack size indication for both/all players in the pot. I have been at a loss as to why this hasn't already become the norm.

I agree, though maybe only on streets where there's a potential big play about to occur, or is already in progress. The risk you take is that if there's too much happening on the screen, it gets washed out and diminishes the overall quality. That said, it is a good idea though.

Hopefully there will be some mention of the HUGELY NEGATIVE changes at Amaya.POKERSTARS.corp in the coverage of the Nov. 9 as it is huge news ALL PLAYERS NEED TO BE CONSCIOUS OF.

ESPN won't give any airtime to an online poker site, and also, it's still too early to say if what Amaya is doing is going to be good or bad. Obviously, their objective is profit and their approach is far different than the Scheinbergs' approach. I think the Scheinbergs built up such goodwill with the online poker community that there was such a high level of trust in what they did, and justifiably so. Amaya does not have that, thus the suspicion people have of them. I say let's see it play out before any conclusions are drawn.

Besides, I don't think the casual poker fan is going to be interested in ESPN dedicating any segments to this story. They want to watch poker. Plus, already Days 1-3 aren't included in the coverage so we lose out on quite a lot of the human interest stories that we would have had in past years.

Think about this - Would anybody even know who Jack Ury was or would have seen as much of him as they did had there not been early day coverage in past Main Events. I'm willing to say less likely.

Remember Nov. 5th is sit out day at Pokerstars!!!

That's going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Not to be pessimistic or anything, but you'll never be able to band together that large a base of players to take any sort of action.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey I like Rystadt.And even Kerandan Said after the last episode i watched that he started liking the guy.I think at one point Kerandan wanted to choke him.But after a while he saw that Ry was just having fun.Either way it was fun watching them give each other a hard time.

A couple things to consider. When you go back and look at the coverage, you'll see that Rystadt was basically shooting the breeze with everyone at the table until Kerandan challenged him with something like "Don't you ever shut-up?" At that point it was on.

Also, considering that ESPN heavily edits the content, with can't really know how much Rystadt and Kerandan were actually jawing at each other. The network does have an interest in creating a story.

Cheers!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I really love how they spice up the episodes. It's not just dry boring poker. There's a soap opera as well :D

WSOP