Will poker finally get the status Sport?

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe poker already has sports status, its seen world wide and fits under the definition of what a sport is, some people would just rather ignore the facts.

roberto_overloaded

roberto_overloaded

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so.

Maybe after snooker or pool , poker tournaments only maybe will be accepted. And do not forget chess game, it's not olimpic 'till now.

G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think MTT tourneys could be considered a sport but not cash games. The competitiveness is there to be considered a sport. and tournaments or like a marathon, takes a lot of endurance to stay sharp late in a tournament.

Giancarlomen

Giancarlomen

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes,

I believe yes, like olimpic game

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont believe ....is more gamballing than sport.....

P

Petze76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I love poker I don't think it is a sport and definetly not worthy of the Olympics.

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I think that poker is not sport and these status will not get soon.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER NEVER NEVER - sport says you must be physically better than normal in order to compete at a high level - most poker players are fat and lazy and still win regularly - there is no physical exertion at all - NEVER A SPORT - stop trying to make it one, dumbest thing I have ever heard, if you want feel better about sitting on your ass all day long, then get up and take a walk between sessions or something.

Well although I hear what is your point but look at chess. In chess it is all about mind, thinking, strategy. The only difference is how chance plays a part in it. In chess, if you don't make any mistakes you'll win but that's not the case in poker :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker becomes view sports games, the ban on it will be removed in all countries as a game of chance. Not bad prospects for holders of poker rooms .;)

HowS

HowS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some people already consider it a sport, but it's not a physical sport for sure. Depends how one is defining sports as a term, if physical activity must be part of it, then it will never be. But ESPN and other major sports network sure thinks it's a sport.

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in some country, we now can say that poker is sport. But in other like .... my country ( Poland ) we need to wait.. a bit more ( 10 + years ) to change anything in poker... Maybe one day in whole world we would see Poker as sport ;)

KyeRorrley

KyeRorrley

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha poker at the olympics that would be the day. lol lol

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in brazil the sports minister considers poker a sport, but still expect regulation too ... good luck and hard work to our world of poker

M

mastahbates

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If darts is considered a sport... why the hell is poker not?

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker cant be a sport, its only mental game, but not sport. Sports are an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Haha poker at the olympics that would be the day. lol lol

The poker is still not considered a sport, but Andre Akkari will participate in the Olympic Torch Relay (July 27) in Brazil.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think that it'll ever be because it's still a game of luck at the end. and hey, it's strictly limited to the people who can afford it! not everyone in the world can register to the wsop main event!

A

AussiePoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not a sport to play cards its a hobbie

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well, I hope it never gets the status of being a sport.

I have never considered it a sport and don't quite understand why anyone would. It's a game of skill and chance, not a sport.

Vitaliy Popik

Vitaliy Popik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokersSport )) songs good ) we all goes to the olympic games :D