Will poker finally get the status Sport?

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said before that it is not a guarantor of Poker sport , as well as sports betting , especially when someone is unreasonable , and it is difficult to play poker and sport betting and be moderate.

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said before that it is not a guarantor of Poker sport , as well as sports betting , especially when someone is unreasonable , and it is difficult to play poker and sport betting and be moderate.

Ja bih pre rekao da je Poker porok a ne sport,isto kao i sportska kladionica,pogotovo kada je neko neumeren,a tesko je igrati poker i sportsku kladionicu i biti umeren.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get real ..

Just because there are a vast number of activities now ridiculously referred to as sports it doesn't mean we should add another like poker. Would you base your criteria on "eye/hand coordination" ... oops, guess that belongs in the cheating category? Maybee the bluffing criteria, like when a football player fakes left and goes right .. NOT. Perhaps the staring criteria .. like when a hockey player tries to intimidate with their eyes ... NOT.

Sorry, ran out of good reasons to call poker a sport.

ismagul

ismagul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because there are a vast number of activities now ridiculously referred to as sports it doesn't mean we should add another like poker. Would you base your criteria on "eye/hand coordination" ... oops, guess that belongs in the cheating category? Maybee the bluffing criteria, like when a football player fakes left and goes right .. NOT. Perhaps the staring criteria .. like when a hockey player tries to intimidate with their eyes ... NOT.

Sorry, ran out of good reasons to call poker a sport.

how bout reading the opponents hand? observing his style? even in soccer, hockey basketball etc. they watch other teams to see how they play, they study it same thing in poker

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's labelled a sport wouldn't poker then fall under the rules and regulations conducted by sports commissions?
No drinking or drugs during competitions(wsop, EPT, WPT...etc)?
Random drug testing?

I'm sure there are a few players who would fail a random drug test.
Wouldn't you like to have a couple drinks when playing a live tournament?

ismagul

ismagul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just want to ask you guys,, when you join a poker tournament do you consider yourself gambling or playing it as a sport??

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sport? not think it's a sport, it is clearly a game of chance

R

rugelis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be stupid to have poker olympics because in the short run, it is the game of chance

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh no, here we go again. If you think that the thing that makes something a sport has nothing to do with the brain, and only muscles twitching all on their own, I'd say you have a limited view.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If poker is a sport, I am sure we can put checkers and dominoes right up there next to it.

PacMan

PacMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And then it becomes an Olympic sport )))

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
poker is not a sport, it needs some skill to survive, but luck is a major component so, it will go back and forth and still poker will be poker! :deal:

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is more than a sport; it is a war!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No more than darts is. Darts requires coordination and physical endurance is a factor. It's still not a real sport in my mind.

I love poker but it's not a sport:)

But Raymer is a cover boy for why poker is a sport, look at his wonderful physique.

Temp12

We really want to see this for the next WSOP Champ.

Temp11

T

tidi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am more than confident that in the near future recognize poker as a sport .

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep myself fit, not because of poker, but it certainly has helped my game, especially those long MTTs.

When it comes to drinking grog while playing. This could be classed as an enhancer much like steriods.

tocloc238

tocloc238

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see some pro golfers that are out of shape, or the fact that pool is a sport, then poker cannot be that far behind.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always consider poker as a board game or mind sport if it fits the proposal

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love poker very much, but it is NOT a sport. A sport is an activity where you exert great physical energy versus someone else exerting great physical energy. Tell me how sitting on your ass is exerting great physical energy. I say this as respectfully as I can, but poker is NOT a sport.

T

TargetLion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker tourment it can be a sport, but not cash games!

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
When the poker nominated as a sport, you will help him to develop? Will be more professional? More sponsors?

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally the fat people will be able to receive the title of International Master of Sports. And in the future, and qualify for the Olympic gold :D :D :D

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Brazil, there is still a prejudice about poker, but many people are joining the game, and I hope that in the future it can become a sport :)