Who could be the next challenger for Phil H. in the PokerGo High Stakes Duel?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
From that shortlist Tom Dwan would have been my pick with Phil Ivey a very close second.

Dwan's game is a little hard to read these days as he spends so much time in Macau. I do not believe he plays with the same bravura he did when young and at times even appears quite conservative but he knows how high profile this game will be and that a lot of credibility will be at stake.

However, they really should cue up Phil Ivey for one of these high stakes duels sooner rather than later. Ivey seems to be in a good place after putting his legal issues behind him (largely self inflicted) and appears both chilled personally yet eager to play poker. I believe he is planning quite a serious wsop schedule.

But Tom Dwan against Helmuth next- I'll take it!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is ready for another PokerGo High Stakes Duel (of course nothing is written in stone, yet)
hi hi !!! :ciao:
personal i like see any of top players in cardschat, take him on

hugs
krista

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Krista I'm almost certain if I play him I will beat him , but sadly I don't have that kind of money to play with [emoji853]

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone on CC want to stake me to play Hellmuth Heads up lol.

I know I could beat him, would be amazing!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would like to see Phil vs Polk.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think this should be fun! They do have a bit of history, too!

This was a few years ago but pretty good TV. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLbBA0KB2c

Tom Dwan Finally Gets a Heads-Up Match Against Phil Hellmuth

I have that clip on file (hysterical) as well as Helmuth's classic four hand run-in with Dani Stern who completely cleans his clock.

But my favorite clip is one now removed from You Tube where Tiffany Michelle interviews Helmuth after losing a big hand in Monte Carlo. Unfortunately, Helmuth in an attempt to explain his run bad mentions how he also lost $536,000 to Phil Ivey the night before playing Chinese poker.

Tiffany Michelle instead of expressing sympathy to the all too earnest Helmuth can't contain herself and cracks up in the most adorable way (she is actually chewing gum the entire time) at the ludicrous nature of Helmuth's explanation. It's an absolute gem.

*sorry tried to upload the clip from my computer but it just keeps informing me upload error.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G Personally appeals to me and I would like to watch their game now.They have already met many times at the same table and this confrontation will be spectacular!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G Personally appeals to me and I would like to watch their game now.They have already met many times at the same table and this confrontation will be spectacular!

I'm with you, given their history on the pokerstars Big Game, it would make for very compelling poker. I don't know how Tony G's game is presently, but I'm pretty sure he'd be very fired up to play Hellmuth and will DEFINITELY bring his A-Game, both poker and talk to the match.

Dwan's interesting because he can be chatty in the right spot, but I'm not sure how the dynamic would be between he and Hellmuth simply because of the age difference between the two. At least with Tony G, they are close in age.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tom Dwan vs. Phil Hellmuth is a loud sign. And this sign can turn out to be louder than the game itself as a whole.