Tom Dwan Gives Sneak Peek into New Season of High Stakes Poker (VIDEO)

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As we would say in my country Dwan is killing the league, good for him

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: always a professional, it is very good to learn from this good character.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Screenshot-234.png

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Uh oh! It's the return of insane poker

I used to love and hate seeing Tom Dwan playing poker on TV. I loved seeing him three bet with a garbage hand and follow it up by barreling three streets with air, making successively larger and larger bets. By the river, I'd be sitting on the edge my of my seat, wondering if he would get called or if his opponent would crumble under the pressure and fold the winning hand. It made for a great game and it was entertaining to watch.

The problem was that the next day, when half of the recreational players on every poker site wanted to play like Durrrr. It would be insane. People would be would be throwing chips around like crazy. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then I would fire up the previous nights episode of Poker After Dark and it would suddenly make sense. As soon as I saw that Tom Dwan had been on TV I understood why five of the nine players at the table were so dead set on trying to run insane mega-bluffs on each other. And while I could deal with one Tom Dwan wanna-be at the table, and might even enjoy it, having half of the table trying to do their worst Durrrr imitation makes for an insane game.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see Tom Dwan play. It's great to see a table with Deeb playing the way he plays, Matusow, Esfandiari and Hellmuth all playing the way they play. And then you throw Durrrr in there, doin what he does, putting pressure on them. It's great to watch. It makes for great TV. But imagine if you had five Durrrrs at one table. I can't imagine who would really want to be in that game. It would be great to watch though.

I love to watch him play. But I hate what happens when others watch him play.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Durrrr is very crazy I don't know if he plays good poker
But he makes any poker table fun
excellent comeback

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, totally
But it becomes very difficult to play his style and win
I think that's what makes him the excellent player that he is.
Certainly!
He is very unpredictable and his expressions shows fearless, that makes him one of the best.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the show, I wish they bring real old sharks along with todays high stake pros. Would be fun.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have to wait it's too early to say if he's done something but I'm not sure about it

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
That tom dawm is one of the players in the world that I like to see how he plays live poker. He is a crack to play with and it's so fun to see how he puts on his poker face when he bats for value and when he bluffs.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That tom dawm is one of the players in the world that I like to see how he plays live poker. He is a crack to play with and it's so fun to see how he puts on his poker face when he bats for value and when he bluffs.
I see the same.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still Tom Dwan is the best. Pulling some ingenious bluffs. I remembered he bluffed JRB out of his hands, that was so sick! :p