Skrill to cease processing gambling payments in Canada!

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you setup your "INSTADEBIT" account yet?

Would it be a good idea to have it setup on a separate (new) bank account to avoid any potential problems?

I did set-up instadebit - and used int in pokerstars to try it out. Seems to work real good. easy set-up, instant... will see about cash-out that I have not tried.

About different bank account, myself I have a different bank account - was using it with skrill cash-out, for extra caution. Probably it is being too cautious... but yes I for one "better safe then sorry". It really is no big deal to set-up an extra bank account - I did it at a different bank so it is is not linked with my basic accounts.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got today a phone call from williamhill customer support. Basically to inform me about Skrill "status" and options. (I am a real small player, so I find this real good customer service)

Not sure who knows about this (I did not) but entropay is an other VIABLE option. This is a virtual credit card. You have to put money in it from an actual visa card, then u can use it to make deposits and you CAN withdraw to it.
I see a number of sites that don't have INSTADEBIT - do have ENTROPAY.
This in my opinion is a secondary option as the cost is considerably higher. Check it out here are the main costs.

If anyone has experience with ENTROPAY / INSTADEBIT please post

Attachments

• Entropay.JPG
    Entropay.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 107
W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Skrill's services coming to a close (re: pokersites) for Canadians, I've been trying clean up a bunch of small bankrolls across a number of sites (ie. some of which I hadn't previously deposited with Skrill).
On most it has been a fairly easy process, typically getting the money off the site(s) within 72hrs. On others it has not been so simple (going to make a thread in pokerrooms section, outlining which sites have been a pain in the arse... ie hidden fees/requirements, etc. & which ones are real easy & fast).

Most of the iPoker network (Playtech) have been straightforward/easy but had a bit of deal with 'MyBet'. First it was my verification needed to be sent in again. Then I needed to make 'another' deposit (last one was more than 6mos. ago).
Then they said I needed to wager the amount I'd deposited prior to making a withdrawal (on some sites I needed to deposit just to increase the amount on the site so I'd have enough to meet the min. amount for withdrawal).

I was a bit bummed.... I really didn't want to play on myBet & had just deposited another 20 euros on there :(

So I decided I'd wager the 20euros on a bet. Went to the sports betting section & couldn't find MMA fights on there or anyother sports I knew much about. Then I noticed 'Skiing'! (I used to be an avid ski racing fan many, many years ago). There was a race the following day > Women's Slalom.
30minutes of research on Women's skiing & I decided to place a bet on 'Marlies Schild' a 21.0 to 1 bet... a bit of a longshot.
And... I won it!! LOL. Over 400 euros won on a site I had no intentions of ever playing on again!

Put in for my withdrawal & it went through in less than 48hrs.

MyBet has also helped me to get on a bit of a roll... I won a 'Free $8 bet' from a deposit bonus game on another iPoker site & once again bet on Skiing (Men's Downhill that ran earlier today). Put the $8 on Erik Guay at 14.0 to 1 & I WON!!! Another $112.00 brings it to over $700. Think I'm going to buy myself a Christmas present today.
F-Me, that's legendary PO!!! And a nice "in your face" to Mybet for forcing all those restrictions on you!
However I see this new found 'easy money' going straight to your head resulting in a wagering of everything you own on whatever you can place a bet on in an attempt to maintain the thrill of the action. (jk of course)
Congrats man!!

MyBet took the longest for me to cashout of all the sites I requested withdrawals from but only had to send in my verification docs, my last Skrill deposit there was a loong time ago (probably over 6 months but I would have to check). I did however leave some small amounts of $ (~$20) scattered on various sites in case a juicy game comes up as deposits are looking to be a pain with Skrill ditching us northerners.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did set-up INSTADEBIT - and used int in Pokerstars to try it out. Seems to work real good. easy set-up, instant... will see about cash-out that I have not tried.

About different bank account, myself I have a different bank account - was using it with Skrill cash-out, for extra caution. Probably it is being too cautious... but yes I for one "better safe then sorry". It really is no big deal to set-up an extra bank account - I did it at a different bank so it is is not linked with my basic accounts.
Too cautious, No-Way! This should be the standard. Recovering lost/stolen money from a bank account is much more difficult than from a credit card. The last thing I would want to do is give a poker site (especially some of the sketchier ones) the banking info to my actual daily bank account.

Pretty unrelated, but if anyone uses a debit card to make daily purchases you should stop right now and start using a credit card. Thieves can easily get your debit info and wipe your account which is very difficult to recover. With a credit card you just call mastercard/Visa and tell them you didn't make the bogus charges and they take them right off your bill and send you a new card.
Note: Only switch to a credit card if you can be disciplined about your spending, and not carry a balance.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks JJ.

I haven't set up anything yet. Still trying to decide on what sites & how much on each of them, etc. Also still in the process of making withdrawals from a number of sites... most have gone very smoothly with a few hiccups that were sorted out in a week or two (ie. like asking me to verify account for the umpteenth time, another few telling me I'd need to deposit again prior to withdrawal as it'd been more than 6mos. since my last deposit & then of course one site 'myBet on iPoker network telling me (after doing a re-verify & another deposit) I'd have to wager the amount I'd deposited which pizzed me off a fair bit as I REALLY didn't want to play any poker on their site anymore... gambled it in sports bets & managed to win a bunch which they actually did finally give to me).

Had a couple week delay with cashing out from 'BetFred' but it turned out it was a miscommunication as they'd wrongly cancelled a withdrawal request & I was unaware of it (the '2nd' attempt). My 3rd try went through within 24hrs. which was great (with zero fees).

Choosing to withdrawal 100% of many of my pokersite balances (some were very small amounts) has opened my eyes up a bit & has me appreciating sites like Pokerstars (& Fulltilt) that much more. I was fairly pleased with most of the iPoker network sites with the best being Titan & WilliamHill (< still not sure which of these I'll be sticking with w/o Skrill?) partypoker has been very quick (as always) 'but' I don't like it that they now have fees to withdrawal your money.
32red, StanJames & unibet were fast & easy as well (not going to be playing on that network anymore now w/o Skrill).

Of the US-friendly sites,
BlackChip was by far the best, fastest, easiest to make a full withdrawal. (money was in my account within 72hrs.).
The rest of them... not so good.
JuicyStakes asked me to complete the verification process .. 'again' once I put in this recent WD request. They did respond quickly saying I was now verified & would be able to have my withdrawal processed but I have not seen a penny of it yet (but it's only been 5 or 6days).
A.C.R. omfg!!! Argh!!! I cannot stand the support on this site! I would not play there in a gazillion years if it was the last pokersite on the planet left to play on. They are complete f'n idiots. Today I actually received a response to my email, telling me they were sorry I was dis-pleased with their service but they figured to have done a good job because they've responded promptly to my emails (even though 9times out of 10 they don't even answer my question... instead giving me some b.s. answer to a question I haven't even asked).
I will go out of my way to tell friends to never EVER contemplate putting a cent of their money onto that site!
Lock Poker... well. Enough said. Just praying my last WD goes through on there before Skrill is no longer available for Withdrawals (Jan.31st).
Carbon I haven't put in for a WD yet. Still contemplating how much to keep on there for the Cardschat games (I don't play anything else on that site). In the past they've had me re-verify my account three or four times & I wouldn't be surprised if they hit me up for another time now, lol.

Question:
Is there any benefit to going the INSTADEBIT route over just your regular e-checks from & to the bank? Some of my friends (who play mostly on Stars & FTP) just have it setup with their bank (with blank cheque) where they'll just use the e-check option & have the money deposited from their bank to the site, similiarly to how a paper cheque would work and for withdrawals, vice-versa & usually takes 3 to 7 days before the money is in their account (one of my neighbours final-tabled a game on Stars last week, put in WD & had the funds in their account in just 3days). Unless there's some reason to set it up via INSTADEBIT, I think I will just make deposits from my bank account using e-check & then will withdrawal using same.

Question about Entropay. Is that similiar to the Ukash thing? I looked into Ukash but doesn't seem to be a viable option for making withdrawls from the sites because I believe I can only put the money back into a Ukash voucher for making other purchases (or deposits) & can't get that into 'cash' in my pocket.
That type of service is useless to me. If I need to make an 'instant' deposit I will just use MasterCard GiftCard (~$5 fee on a $100 card). It is quick & easy (money is in poker account immediately!). I think there's a $7 fee (on purchase) for the $200 cards. Still 5% or 3.5% is no biggy when the service is so fast & simple. It is withdrawling funds that I am much more concerned with. I want to be able to withdrawl funds at least once per month (preferably twice) as I intend on doing this regularly.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
F-Me, that's legendary PO!!! And a nice "in your face" to Mybet for forcing all those restrictions on you!
However I see this new found 'easy money' going straight to your head resulting in a wagering of everything you own on whatever you can place a bet on in an attempt to maintain the thrill of the action. (jk of course)
Congrats man!!
Ha ha ha... Thanks man! Yah. I couldn't have won it on a better site at a better time.
I'll admit it... I did place some sportsbets again this weekend LOL. Yup... a $3.50 'freebet' won on WillHill (even though I satout all but a couple of shoves). Stupidly I bet with my heart instead of head in MMA fights (okay.. I wagered a bit more than the 'freebet' lol). And as usual, I lost on every single fight I bet on, lol. I don't sportsbet online very much at all (pennies basically & maybe a dozen times max.) but I have managed to lose every single MMA bet I've ever made in my life. (for easy money, just ask me who I'm betting on. It's a sure win!).

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have (or had since it is dormant now) an Entropay account. The fees are very high. If you happen to forget about money in your account they will charge you until your account is empty.

Getting the money out back to your Credit Card or Bank account is a real pain. You have to call support.

So basically you can move the money from site to site with fees and you will not cash out without a phone call.

Not worth it if you ask me.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question:
Is there any benefit to going the INSTADEBIT route over just your regular e-checks from & to the bank? Some of my friends (who play mostly on Stars & FTP) just have it setup with their bank (with blank cheque) where they'll just use the e-check option & have the money deposited from their bank to the site, similiarly to how a paper cheque would work and for withdrawals, vice-versa & usually takes 3 to 7 days before the money is in their account (one of my neighbours final-tabled a game on Stars last week, put in WD & had the funds in their account in just 3days). Unless there's some reason to set it up via INSTADEBIT, I think I will just make deposits from my bank account using e-check & then will withdrawal using same.

I just looked at e-check in Pokerstars - it sure LOOKS GREAT!
Thanks for the info I will use it too.

The problem is I do not see it on many sites - INSTADEBIT is available on more sites.
Where else do they accept e-check? (other the Pokerstars and FullTilt)
They both seem to do the same job. e-check doing it cheaper!!!

I see instant banking on some sites - but that seems to be Europe friendly only - it needs a IBAN # which we don't have.

About entropay - real expensive... and there were more bad news about it posted above. I guess if we are desperate to play something at a site that has NO OTHER options - well at least it is a possibility. For me - there would have to be major MAJOR attraction to use it.

I also cashed-out mostly few more still working on - as I have some freerolls - etc. see if I can win something.

Also I am making last minute small deposits at the sites where I will continue to play. It is the cheaper funding this way. May have to make a deposit with an other method (instadebit) to enable cash out, but hope it saves me in the very short run to make more costly deposits.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Also I am making last minute small deposits at the sites where I will continue to play. It is the cheaper funding this way. May have to make a deposit with an other method (instadebit) to enable cash out, but hope it saves me in the very short run to make more costly deposits.

I am doing similiar (but some deposits not that small... for me anyways).
And I too will be needing to deposit via other method in order to withdrawal going forward.
It's looking like I'm going to give up the notion of playing on a bunch of the sites because the aggravation of trying to move money around just seems like too much bother (& in some cases 'if its even possible'). Bit of a shame because I think that's how I've managed to keep afloat with my poker bankroll - - taking advantage of LOTS of Deposit bonus freerolls & 'value-added' tourneys on sites I don't typically ever play on.

I've been thinking of just keeping money on Stars, FTP, WillHill (Titan?), & a bit on Bodonk (< it's simple enough to have a cheque via courier maybe once or twice a year, lol) but for other sites it just seems too difficult to get money off of them.

I made a withdrawal off Carbon last night & was first time I've looked at their cashier in quite a long time. 1 free WD per month, any others after that will be a charge of $40, & a minimum sum $500 for withdrawal ($50 minimum for Skrill... which is the 2nd highest I've seen for any site so far for Skrill WD's, with JuicyStakes being the highest at $150 min. WD).

It sure sucks losing Skrill. I just assumed it'd be around forever for us. :(

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ dang, I went to withdraw from Carbon a while ago but Skrill wasn't one of the options so I just figured they stopped offering it. But now that I think of it, I don't think I ever made a deposit on there so that's probably why it wasn't showing up as a w/d option. Too late now to get verified and deposit/withdraw by the cutoff probs :(.

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skrill is great but I never thought you were suppose to use that for gambling purposes in the first place.

How about a site infiniti poker real or not, says in its client it will accept skrill/

not asking about the client, just meaning this was bs or what exactly?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
^ dang, I went to withdraw from Carbon a while ago but Skrill wasn't one of the options so I just figured they stopped offering it. But now that I think of it, I don't think I ever made a deposit on there so that's probably why it wasn't showing up as a w/d option. Too late now to get verified and deposit/withdraw by the cutoff probs :(.

Yup. That's the reason it's not showing up.
Actually, when they changed over their cashier awhile back, even if you had made previous deposits via Skrill, they requested you make another one prior to letting you WD via Skrill.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Skrill is great but I never thought you were suppose to use that for gambling purposes in the first place.

How about a site infiniti poker real or not, says in its client it will accept skrill/

not asking about the client, just meaning this was bs or what exactly?

Skrill is the number one e-wallet for online poker. It can (could in some cases) be used on pretty much every site. Also, if you check out any of the large venue Poker Tournaments (EPT, WPT) you'll see that Skrill is a big sponsor (lots of Skrill signs, Skrill patches on players, etc.).

This thread isn't about whether or not players can still use Skrill... it's about Skrill not being available to Canadians any longer for making deposits & withdrawals from online gaming sites.

Also, I'm fairly certain the players posting in this thread aren't looking for 'new sites' where they can deposit with Skrill... because they won't be able to & they know this already (on any site!). Skrill is still showing in the cashiers for the sites we play on, it's just that we won't be able to use it for Deposits after Jan.2nd, & must make withdrawals before Jan.31st. (although I noticed some sites have stated they will not be able to take deposits after Dec.30th & Dec.31st).

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use entropay all the time for depositing. They charge a 4.95% fee for funding my virtual entropay online credit card from my credit card. It cost me .99 for every 20. Since I'm in canada conversion rate is a bit high, total charge on my credit card for depositing 20 to my virtual card is about 22.50 so 2.50 total in fees.

I do not withdraw through entropay. I withdraw with echeck. I deposited once at poker site using echeck to have my bank info saved and verified I so could withdraw afterwards with echeck directly to my bank account.

Benefits of using entropay.
You can fund your account using any credit card and they approve with no restriction
Instantly fund any poker account with entropay virtual credit card free.
Instantly verify credit card through webcam on entropay.

Basically entropay is great to use if you want to use your credit card to deposit.

Instadebit and echeck is excellent for bank accounts.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're only using it to deposit, it doesn't sound like its any cheaper than using a MasterCard GiftCard.

JJ, I just saw some more info. regarding INSTADEBIT. Apparently they are fairly strict with their account limits. I read from a poker player on another forum that the limit is $1,000 per 7 day and to have it raised you had to show some history using it and even then they'd only raise the limit by $250 at a time.
Might be good most of the time 'but' what happens if we were fortunate to hit a big score in a tournament?

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're only using it to deposit, it doesn't sound like its any cheaper than using a MasterCard GiftCard.

JJ, I just saw some more info. regarding INSTADEBIT. Apparently they are fairly strict with their account limits. I read from a poker player on another forum that the limit is $1,000 per 7 day and to have it raised you had to show some history using it and even then they'd only raise the limit by $250 at a time.
Might be good most of the time 'but' what happens if we were fortunate to hit a big score in a tournament?

Gosh - would be cool to deal with that problem :)

But seriously - if we are lucky enough to win 2-3K - it would take 2-3 instalments to get it - i would not sweat that at all.
Bigger one... I got the info that entropay is good to amounts around 20K! sooo you open an entropay account and pay the fees - LOL - you will not mind the fees as much :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Dec.31 last chance to Deposit to Stars with Skrill

Just thought I'd mention it here in case some of you weren't sure (I wasn't).

Dec.31 is the last chance to deposit on Pokerstars using Skrill (for Canadians). I actually thought it was Jan.2 (was sent an email previously saying Jan.2 was the cutoff date for deposits).

I went to put a chunk of change on Stars tonight only to discover I've exceeded my deposit limits :( Then remembered I'd be able to move $'s from FTP onto Stars so I was able to throw some on FTP now too.

Hmm... have to decide what to do on the other sites still. I hate this crap!
Maybe I'll win the Sunday Storm this month and none of it will matter anymore, lol.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incase you guys want to try entropay i can share my experience with it. I have used entropay to deposit, the only drawback is the 4.95% fee to load from a credit card, but the deposits go smoothly and most sites accept entropay so its an option.

neteller has a fee of 1.75% for indians, not sure about other markets so its more cost effective than entropay.

Sorry to hear that skrill is not an option for canadians in the near future.

G

given68

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally just started using skrill in the last year - instadebit was the one I used most of the time before that so it looks like I will be heading back to the now. Instadebit does work really well PO but it is very close to how the echeck one works as well. Never really had an issue with instadebit and now that I may have to shift back to it it may turn out to be a good thing - way to many sites on the go right now and cutting back to three or four might actually be a good thing. :)

Mike G

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you're going to be depositing via credit cards then you will need a 3rd party site otherwise it will get declined by any poker rooms. Entropay is only great for this. If you have cash to deposit then the best way would be to buy a gift card or use your bank account through echeck or instadebit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're going to be depositing via credit cards then you will need a 3rd party site otherwise it will get declined by any poker rooms. Entropay is only great for this. If you have cash to deposit then the best way would be to buy a gift card or use your bank account through echeck or instadebit.
I'm not sure why you've quoted what I wrote there? I mean your comments sound relevant to the situation with DEP/WD options but I don't see how they relate to the comment you've quoted?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Reversed some of my choices for Deposit/Withdrawals.. after dealing with a few half-baked support staff. Made a couple more withdrawals in hopes of getting those $'s before Deposit deadlines & it seems that Skrill WD transactions are going through faster than they ever have before >> ie. NewYear's Eve I make a WD off WillHill at 2:30am (I was up late browsing newegg for a new puter, lol... a full-on puter nerd now) & it was in my account in less than 6hrs.!!!

Another luckbox WD for me.... JuicyStakes actually paid me in less than 7days! (how is that even possible?) :confused: :eek:

Related Canadian Guides: Online Casinos - CA Mobile Casinos - CA Gambling - Sports Betting - CAFR Poker - CAFR Casinos - Mobile Poker Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling