Poker player fakes cancer and scams his way into the Main Event

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Robert Mercer posted a GoFundMe to raise funds to enter the 2023 Main Event on the premise that he had colon cancer, but he was never sick to begin with.

Now he thinks he has breast cancer and is using this as an excuse not to pay the money back - could be as much as $50,000. Shame, shame, shame.

What do you think, should he be prosecuted?

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
That should be punishable by law. I remember long time ago there was guy in wheel chair streaming game. That was basically the reason he got a lot of followers. At some point during live stream he made mistake and got up by mistake. Well that was the end of it. Don't know how it finished but I doubt there were consequences.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He should definitely be prosecuted, at both the state and federal levels. Pretending to have some horrible disease to raise money, especially for something as stupid as a poker game, is disgusting and a slap in the face to all the people who truly do suffer from cancer. He is the lowest of the low, and should be made to pay every nickel back. :(

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, even if the money were to go to charity , this is fraud. You can´t raise funds over a false reason, misleading people.

Mr_Dangerous

Mr_Dangerous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
how is he getting away with this? Incredible how far a gambling addiction can take you

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope this doesn't hurt all the other poker players with the last name Mercer.

You can't get much lower than faking cancer.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Lowest of the low, low life scum bag.

Brigistul

Brigistul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If he is not sick with cancer, maybe he is sick in the head! That's how the attitude is explained!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Disgusting what some people do for money. They act unscrupulously.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. Definitely such a person needs to be held accountable, deceiving is unacceptable. It cannot be said that this is fraud, knowingly committed, sorry I did not know. Shame!!!

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wonder if we could give the scammers whatever they "claimed" to have. :unsure: That would be a just punishment, I think. Jerk should be branded scammer on their forehead too.
My papa used to talk of the time when he was young, how when people gave you their word, it meant something.
We should go back to that.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
i heard about that really that is a big shame, this is fraud and scam he should be prosecuted

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Outright fraud. The man should be convicted on fraud charges and banned from playing at any poker site.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if we could give the scammers whatever they "claimed" to have. :unsure: That would be a just punishment, I think. Jerk should be branded scammer on their forehead too.
My papa used to talk of the time when he was young, how when people gave you their word, it meant something.
We should go back to that.
Right!?!?

They need to shut up , man up and look at death in the eye
like Billiboo and I

We are the scariest things around lol
Dying slowly gives us an opportunity to experience and we sadly prepare mentally by imagining our final days and spending time and heavy mental resources
Due to eachs own Perception , and Mental Alchemy, or lack of

We can Choose to view the world and anything in it any way we want
and grow from the experiance in the ways you choose through alchemy

he is a scammer.'

But I can't say nothin
How many pots have you seen me steal?

lol j/k

Scamming is awful
fuk that guy

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Disgusting what some people do for money

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately, Where there is money to be made, The Scammers will always find a way to cash in on it. He really needs to be reported and made to refund the money or donate the same amount to Cancer Research or his Winnings from the Poker Tournament. Whichever is the greatest.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% scam, the authorities should investigate.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You shouldn't wish anything bad on a person, but I think you can make an exception for someone like that.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Thats 100% fraud and he should be procecuted for long term jail sentence. Thats sickening to extract money like that

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It is fraud and should be prosecuted. Shame shame gives the actual hardworking poker players a bad name and reputation.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Be safe and don't contribute to 'gofundme' unless you personally know the recipient. I'd wager this kind of thing happens regularly.