Is Phil Hellmuth an under-rated player?

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HELL NO

Phil is one of the best players on earth. He is still playing at a level that most of us will never play at. He deserves everything he has achieved and I still get excited to watch him play!! he still plays at such a high level. LOVE U PHIL

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth always is in the right place at the right time! This is talent too.
Possibly He has a great intuition:cool:regarding success?!.:rolleyes: My Congratulations!;):):D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I doesn't matter how he acts at the poker tables, his among of the best players world class. He is able to say anything about poker in general. He a is 100% poker man, will always be a winner. Does not have to prove it; his tons of titles speak by him.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is underrated. There are people that like to hate on him due to his blowups and they get a lot of air time. He doesn't do himself any favors in that way but he continuously has put up great results even if his game is not as flashy as others.

I am not as big a fan of his cash game from what I have seen, but can't say that I have much experience watching that either.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We love him, Helmut, the best player in the World, we have a lot to learn from him

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is a great player, although he's not my favorite.
Learned a lot with some plays from him, specially in a way to mix my game and use complex and unusual strategies.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is not underrated, but due to his behavior people don't take him seriously

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We love him, Helmut, the best player in the World, we have a lot to learn from him
I agree with you and, in addition he connected the old school poker with the nowadays poker, winning at the both sides. Negreanu as well.

Last edited:
R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has been hard for Phil to adapt to the way all the young guys play.Its way more wide open than when Phil was in his hay day.He knows the game very well and has had alot of success.

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
?

I think this question really relates to who you may be asking. In general I don’t believe he is his stats speak for themselves and I believe only pros would think this because they are the best!:rolleyes::D:D

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash tables he is undoubtedlty a fish

large field hold 'em mtts...the best the world has ever known...apart from stu ungar maybe...but he was too fkkd up to fulfil his potential sadly.

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The heads up match against Antonio was good also!

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Phil is underrated. He is one of the best, and most people also consider him to be one of the best.

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that most people when they look at the sky when they see a star try to touch it in some way, but as it is impossible to do that, only words remain, easy must be face to face in a race with him (sarcastic) kkkk, Phill have more than how many titles? if he is not underestimated who will he be? I myself would love to do a HU at a WSOP and then say, man is Phill XD.
CardsChat contributor, Jon Sofen, writes an opinion piece on Phil H with stats making a good claim to Phil's poker abilities. We all know Phil for his table banter and antics, but can anyone admit Phil Hellmuth is one poker player who is under-rated?

What say you?

Stats Don’t Lie: Phil Hellmuth is Better at Heads-Up Poker than You Might Think

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he was a top player in the world....few year ago. In my opinion, the game has changed and he is lagging, still believing that if you make the right play, you suppose to win. Poker these days is more unpredictable; younger players believe more in math, and once in a blue moon, they will playa hand they not suppose to, based on old days. They play their odds, and when they hit against Phil, he has hard time accepting it. Just my $.05.

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say he's very overrated. He's been in the right place at the right time in a lot of cases. He's good but yeah that's just my opinion.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a world class poker player he just has a bad attitude. Id say he is not overated but disrespected because of his bad attitude. He is one of the winningest poker players of all time in career earnings and he has the most WSOP bracelets by a long shot he just has a whiny bad attitude about losing which makes him the poker brat.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PH is the best tournament player ever. In cash games,it's different .

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do think he is a great player and his nitty reputation allows him to pull off some really big bluffs.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under-rated? More like over-rated. I don't get the love for a player who acts like a petulant 8-year-old all the while insulting everyone at the tables he plays.

The way he acts is a total disgrace and he hasn't won squat in literal ages.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think he is a great player and his nitty reputation allows him to pull off some really big bluffs.
Literally havent seen him bluffing even once.

Under-rated? More like over-rated. I don't get the love for a player who acts like a petulant 8-year-old all the while insulting everyone at the tables he plays.

The way he acts is a total disgrace and he hasn't won squat in literal ages.

Yeah i thought the same.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Phil Helmuth is a legend, but in my opinion his time is over. Are he still playing? Longtime ago i did not hear about him. Would be lucky to read or see him again on the tables.