Phil is the man how many all the money he has and the bracelets

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed!

There's a method to his madness and it works for him. Everybody has their thing. The thing that makes them marketable. For Phil H it's the way he wears his emotions on his sleeves. TV ratings definitely go up when he's playing. It's like you get tired of his fussing but it's entertaining at the same time. Even watching the other players react to him LOL! He's been in the game a while so something must be working for him. He uses his fussing as a distraction.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G underestimates Phil Hellmuth or just tries to cheer him up.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. One of my favorites. Read his books, followed some ideas. I would chance to say that Phil Helmuth is rated where he should be. In spite of his temper. Kind of crazy, you know.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth has no chance to compete with the highest level players.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Tony G says Helmuth is "qualified".

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
He is probably a better live poker player than online.

The best players online have to adapt and make sure there are no leaks to play against the best.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth has no chance to compete with the highest level players.
I agree - he would get crushed online playing only online regs. However, where he is excels is playing against rec's - he is great at exploiting and extracting chips from them.

R

roguelikeme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Helmuth, Devilfish and Victoria Coren at one table, my favourite clip of all time:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liDOZSAiCrY&ab_channel=partypokerTV[/ame]

Watch as Hellmuth acts like the adult in the room :p

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a good player he knows the game well. But nowadays theres plenty poker players that have the same qualities. Although those bracelets he has don't come cheap. Especially nowadays

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is a great NL Live MTT player and he is very underrated. In other formats he may be overrated.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Phil and I think he is extremely intuitive. Yes, he is underrated and if it wasn't for luck he would win every hand LOL! I'm a fan.

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat contributor, Jon Sofen, writes an opinion piece on Phil H with stats making a good claim to Phil's poker abilities. We all know Phil for his table banter and antics, but can anyone admit Phil Hellmuth is one poker player who is under-rated?

What say you?

Stats Don’t Lie: Phil Hellmuth is Better at Heads-Up Poker than You Might Think

Don’t know if he is under rated or over rated but he has definitely not overcame with Fact of luck in the game of poker.

He reminds me of this senior lady from the Local poker community, where she will bitch about how I play with crap hands (only if she looses) but never tried to adapt her own game to play against me.

I certainly don’t play with such hands anymore or not as frequent but there will always be people who will.

So Adapt. Hate the game not the player!

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's better than the reg player attitude towards him. He's quite nitty and folds a lot but he makes loads of good decisions and he's great for the game.

Love the meltdowns!

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched Round 2 of his Highstakes Duel vs Esfandiari today and it was another masterclass.

His raw ability is definitely under-rated by mainstream fans and younger poker players.

Depending on the format, he is world-class. Obviously live big field NLHE tournaments being his preferred format, but he is very good in live headsup SNG format as well.

Everybody has favoured formats and everybody is better at some formats than others, but Hellmuth gets excessive criticism for not being good at cash games and online.

He doesn't play the cool formats of today (online HU & 6max Cash & live Super High Roller tournaments) and therefore his overall ability is brought into question, so yes, he is under-rated by a certain section of the poker community. For example, nobody questions Fedor Holz' overall ability, even though Hellmuth has been at the top for 30 years and counting.

Fun bits:
Check out King of the Hill from 2017 and an infamous hand vs Jungleman.

Check out NBC National Headsup Poker Championship, winner in 2005 and runner-up in 2013.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil is my favorite player been watching for years he might not act great all the time but look at other stars in other sports. Winning all those bracelets can;t be all luck.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's his trick that he is underestimated and he wins bracelet after bracelet

Z

zaza123123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His raw ability is definitely under-rated

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree - he would get crushed online playing only online regs. However, where he is excels is playing against rec's - he is great at exploiting and extracting chips from them.

100% accurate, but remember, the online regs make up a VERY small number of people in the grand scheme of things. He's a live player anyway, and when things open up again, expect that he'll continue to make a run towards winning future bracelets. He's still young enough that he has time to add to his collection.

It would be interesting to see what number he ends up at. 25? It's not out of the question.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat contributor, Jon Sofen, writes an opinion piece on Phil H with stats making a good claim to Phil's poker abilities. We all know Phil for his table banter and antics, but can anyone admit Phil Hellmuth is one poker player who is under-rated?

What say you?

Stats Don’t Lie: Phil Hellmuth is Better at Heads-Up Poker than You Might Think

I am not going to agree that somehow Phil is a heads-up crusher. I believe Heads-up poker is a different event from Tournament poker. I have to say that Phil takes a bunch of crap from people about how awful he is, BUT his results at big field tournaments tells a different story. Phil has my respect, I am not a fan of his table antics, but he gets the job done.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His raw ability is definitely under-rated
Today I already answered a similar question to one person. Hellmuth has never been lacking in self confidence, calling himself "the best player in the no limit hold'em of all time." In this, of course, he is subjective, but with such an impressive list of titles won, Phil, at least, has the right to make such a statement.

Life is a game , play beautiful

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil is way underrated he is the poker brat great player just a really bad attitude he acts like a dokey to much that's way people don't
Like him but he is a great player and actually a nice guy of the poker table

Kenosavage_TX

Kenosavage_TX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Phil !!! He is a very good player. They only issue is that his blow ups are all memes