i`m just amazed with the results and how phil is taking it down , WOW

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty incredible journey!
Nice to see Phil even the score, now TID!!!
#goodforpoker

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredible comeback from Phil. Its almost like he has god mode on but that can’t be true right?

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's going the wrong way today unfortunately :eek:

Still lots of poker left to be played tho

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brilliant comeback from Phil

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a PLO lover. Its seem more easy to take decisions. I think i will start stiking more to PLO.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
He's showing his capabilities in PLO , he's really very good , one of the best , if not the best of all . He still has some hands ahead , to see the end of this conflict , the end of this first duel/fight of Galfond challenge . Some players wait for their turn after venividi . Let's see if he actually wins this challenge vs venividi and be paid the extra bet .

Ofcourse , this duel showed that venividi might not be so good , being ahead 900.000$ and not being able at least to win this challenge , that would be embarrasing for him .

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's showing his capabilities in PLO , he's really very good , one of the best , if not the best of all . He still has some hands ahead , to see the end of this conflict , the end of this first duel/fight of Galfond challenge . Some players wait for their turn after venividi . Let's see if he actually wins this challenge vs venividi and be paid the extra bet .

Ofcourse , this duel showed that venividi might not be so good , being ahead 900.000$ and not being able at least to win this challenge , that would be embarrasing for him .

I am OK with everyone having an opinion BUT to say VeniVedi might not be so good ?? You do realize that when the challenge started their were 1000's of posts on Social Media saying "How did Phil think he could play against the "best" online guys in the game?" Professional Poker Players considered Veni as a "top" PLO player. ALSO- unless you are following closely you might not know this : On a day off, during the last week Phil played AMSOGOOD (I think that is right) on pokerstars for 100/200 PLO for 800 hnds ( ?) and took a huge lead in the beginning and finished up 10-15K . I only bring this up to say here is another high stakes pro considered very very good, he had some trouble with Phil as well.

I think PLO is a game with amazing swings. The equities on hands run so close in 3 n 4 bet pots that most end up being flips or 56 -44 % , I think (again just what I think ) is high stakes PLO has much to do with holding up under the pressure of BIG money. Especially heads up.

I think VeniVedi is a great poker player and I think Phil is probably one of the best ever. I could not imagine what being up 900K would do to my decision making. I believe any mere mortal would fall into playing safe, and in PLO especially, I think this would be dangerous.

Thanks for your thoughts though, this is what "railing" a high stakes match is about. Talking about it, while the guys are fighting out :damnmate:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am OK with everyone having an opinion BUT to say VeniVedi might not be so good ?? Professional Poker Players considered Veni as a "top" PLO player.
I think PLO is a game with amazing swings.

I think VeniVedi is a great poker player and I think Phil is probably one of the best ever. I could not imagine what being up 900K would do to my decision making. I believe any mere mortal would fall into playing safe, and in PLO especially, I think this would be dangerous.

I exaggerated :) I don't know how good venividi is , I just judged him by the outcome , first he had an unbelievable upswing , so close to win with so few hands played , then suddenly all changed , it seems to me so crazy change . Ofcourse PLO has tremendous ups and downs , swings as you say in a longer run . That's why I don't like PLO , only for fun , never seriously (lose much :))

Anyway , Phil is great , Venividi is also great , may the luckiest win . But I still don't like this kind of challenges , risk so much , especially if you are a guy like Phil , his reputation is far more important , for his poker site's sake for ex :)

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What a battle this was until now. They are on the last one hundred meters. The finish line is under horizon.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Session 35

Phil is in the green today at 350 hands WooHoo!!! Things are going good for Phil

Phil 350 hands

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I exaggerated :) I don't know how good venividi is , I just judged him by the outcome , first he had an unbelievable upswing , so close to win with so few hands played , then suddenly all changed , it seems to me so crazy change . Ofcourse PLO has tremendous ups and downs , swings as you say in a longer run . That's why I don't like PLO , only for fun , never seriously (lose much :))

Anyway , Phil is great , Venividi is also great , may the luckiest win . But I still don't like this kind of challenges , risk so much , especially if you are a guy like Phil , his reputation is far more important , for his poker site's sake for ex :)

Yes you make good points. It is risky!! Thanks for not thinking I was attacking your opinion, I am just a fan of good poker :D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damm, Look how fast the money is moving Now we are at 420 hands and VeniVedi has come back strong Phil is up 20K total but lost 120K in less than 100 hands

Phil 425 hands

C

canopyrdcafe2019

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the last time I read something about this is galfond is closing the gap and almost has made it all the way back to even? unless something else has changed

D

diebaas333

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love Phil, hes been quiet for awhile though, should be interesting.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil G did it today he is green for the day and for the total with 3000 hands to play

Phil g green green

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the link, jsnake. :)

I realized that to someone just looking at my posts, probably thought I was a crazy person. I was just so excited watching the hands and trying to update CC. I was not really explaining clearly what was happening. I'm going to blame it on the Wuhan Flu and social-distancing LOL I was alone in my apartment and wanted to tell someone.:rock:

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a comeback almost like it was setup or something????

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had the stream on in background today as I was working. Really sick comeback!