EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
There are hundreds of suspected accounts, playing in over a million tournaments, and winning nearly $10,000,000. ACR has responded and even issued a cash reward for anyone who can bypass their security.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is something that has been discussed for years and dismissed. And now we are here.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was obvious from the very begining of online poker... it's something simillar to robotic arm that solves captcha "i'm not a robot" puzzle.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
online poker in general, but maybe no site more than ACR, has clearly been full of bots for years. i honestly dont understand why anyone would put a dime of real money anywhere online at this point. until it becomes legal in the US and fully regulated, its pointless. and the audacity of the powers that be at ACR for allowing this, and then pulling the crap they pulled this past week. ridiculous and pathetic

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and charlie carrel saying the same about 888 iam confused is this just bizarre because all we now that and we steel playing 🤥

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
ACR is full of bots , more than any other online poker room , this is not news , its sth very well known to regs and not only ...... they say that the last months they have increased security measures , personally i do not believe them

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I did watch the videos and still don't believe it's as big of an issue as some think it is. Now I do believe things do happen, but the sites are doing what they can to stop it. I am not Naive enough to think i know best and accurate I do question some of what was shown legitimacy.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The end of days for online poker is not far off. The use of AI controlled bots that can mimic a human but have the knowledge of billions of played hands, unlimited memory, and the ability to independently learn will quickly outpace any poker sites security and card players. My opinion. I still love poker, preferably live and I will continue with freerolls (mostly all CC sponsored) but no more personal money, no deposits.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The age of technology. We see a large number of connected phones in the video. Scammers are also developing and creating their own communities with a security system.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
online poker in general, but maybe no site more than ACR, has clearly been full of bots for years. i honestly dont understand why anyone would put a dime of real money anywhere online at this point. until it becomes legal in the US and fully regulated, its pointless. and the audacity of the powers that be at ACR for allowing this, and then pulling the crap they pulled this past week. ridiculous and pathetic
One of the reason I never deposited there...
Made some nice profit in the Special freerolls however.. best was the 1k bounty from "Dafran" 😅

And it was supereasy to withdraw without verification

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I will continue with freerolls (mostly all CC sponsored) but no more personal money, no deposits.
That is very, i mean very sad news for real money players there and a very wise decision of urself, not because of AI.

Last edited:
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't doubt that there are bots online.

In fact ACR refunded money to players who were cheated by bots.

But - the thing I don't understand is how anybody speculating knows how much money was "stolen" $10 million for example....where does that number come from?? Just a click bait number?

And just for Charlie - I have seen that kind of aggressive pushing with air early in the wsop Main Event. One player from London - another player from Montreal shoving and reshoving with complete air.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Online poker, like other sports, can make a lot of money if you run a lot of games or tournaments for some groups, companies that are completely made of bots, but the prize is provided by the platform. Like eSports, when some teams play in a tournament, and the bookies pay the entire team for the desired results, and then they take back ten times more money on bets.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has been a problem for a long time along with the multi entry cheaters.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my gosh, another scandal after GG!
The rise of AI indeed casts a shadow of uncertainty over the future of online poker. I sincerely hope that all major poker sites will continue to enhance their security measures.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I think everything isn't that bad to be honest. That's more about WPN than online poker in general. At least for now. I really hope online poker won't die as a results of bot farms.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are hundreds of suspected accounts, playing in over a million tournaments, and winning nearly $10,000,000. ACR has responded and even issued a cash reward for anyone who can bypass their security.

With millions of hands played every day, it is currently impossible to have adequate security to look into them all. However, perhaps in the future, when AI has access to hands, it will be able to recognize trends. The AI should be able to identify hands that are repeatedly played wrong but win significantly more than expected, just like the solver algorithms state that this hand vs this range should take this action. It should then be able to flag these hands for human evaluation. It wouldn't have to go through each player's hand. Just having it on there reviewing the higher stakes and larger buy in victories for all stakes to start.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it's now called poker on steroids . the end is nigh ... may the best computer win !

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But - the thing I don't understand is how anybody speculating knows how much money was "stolen" $10 million for example....where does that number come from?? Just a click bait number?
The figure comes from the collective winnings of all the suspected bot accounts SharkScopes.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
not surprised with bots in poker or any platform like trading

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've got $100K (in PS's.net currency) for anyone who can build me a site that has aaaaaalllllllll the cyber-security required to prevent any and all forms of nefarious activity from occurring in online poker rooms. Phuk it, make it, ahem, one meeeellion. 🦹‍♂️ The bots are taking over! o_O Just as I helped predict, along w/the rest of the world. Bastardos...
Okay, here's the other side of the coin, I suppose. From what I've heard from Polk and Berkey is that apparently all money is good money, no matter where the rake comes from. It's not a "super-user" or some douchebag using a "God mode" program to see hole cards. It's simply another avatar at the table playing poker via a buy-in/rake. This would start the real downfall of online gaming, imo.
I personally do not care if bots are used or not. They can be beaten, trust me. I think it pisses players off that do deposit and play one or two tables and seem not to be able to find that winning edge, so they blame the bot or some other form of site misusage, according to some other threads/posts I've read over the years. But, if integrity exists in online gaming, especially poker, then this "issue" needs to be dealt with and swiftly. All hail the brick-n-mortar feltic stage! 🏪 👍

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got $100K (in PS's.net currency) for anyone who can build me a site that has aaaaaalllllllll the cyber-security required to prevent any and all forms of nefarious activity from occurring in online poker rooms. Phuk it, make it, ahem, one meeeellion. 🦹‍♂️ The bots are taking over! o_O Just as I helped predict, along w/the rest of the world. Bastardos...
Okay, here's the other side of the coin, I suppose. From what I've heard from Polk and Berkey is that apparently all money is good money, no matter where the rake comes from. It's not a "super-user" or some douchebag using a "God mode" program to see hole cards. It's simply another avatar at the table playing poker via a buy-in/rake. This would start the real downfall of online gaming, imo.
I personally do not care if bots are used or not. They can be beaten, trust me. I think it pisses players off that do deposit and play one or two tables and seem not to be able to find that winning edge, so they blame the bot or some other form of site misusage, according to some other threads/posts I've read over the years. But, if integrity exists in online gaming, especially poker, then this "issue" needs to be dealt with and swiftly. All hail the brick-n-mortar feltic stage! 🏪 👍
That was to end the matter! The most important issue for me is the one you mentioned, if sites are doing their best, have no involvement in it and work to build tools and exclude cheaters, that's great for me.
This isn't just in poker, any activity on the face of the earth will have cheaters, and certainly at some point they will get screwed.
I think that the issue of security should not be addressed on the programming side, but rather on the human side.