More cheater scandal in poker news

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The PokerGo Tour has officially banned Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler from competing due to cheating allegations. Although no one has published any evidence that either player cheated, executives at PokerGo appear to have seen enough to make a call.

Read more here >>> PokerGo Tour Bans Alleged Cheats Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler

POKERGO-BAN-1.jpg

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully detailed explanations will follow. I hope for the same in the chess world.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sad news, if it's true, a black spot for both, who am I to judge or discuss the truth of the facts, they say where the smoke has fire, and the PGT taking this attitude.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statement from their website:

The PokerGO Tour (PGT) today announced the indefinite suspensions of Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler from tour play, effective immediately. The suspensions will extend through at least the 2022 PGT season, upon which time a review will take place.

“The PGT is committed to upholding the highest standards of integrity and emphasizes proper conduct to ensure the safety and security of its players and events.”

Both players have been ruled ineligible for the season-ending PGT Championship and have been removed from the 2022 PGT leaderboard.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be honest, I am ambivalent about everything at this point.

Firstly, the European Tour and Triton Series had already acted 5 months ago to ban both Schindler and Imsirovic from Monaco and Madrid.

In the interim the wsop along with PokerGo and GG Poker (both co-sponsors of the WSOP) allowed both of them to play at the WSOP where Schindler in one case took down a high roller event and won $1,300,000.

However, they indicate the ban is for this PokerGo series and then they will review. What? I also did not like the fact that Daniel Negreanu was in on this decision and Tweeted it was going to happen before the official announcement. As far as I am aware Negreanu is not a member of the Poker Integrity Council...but somehow he had inside information. That does not surprise me due to his associations but it does irk me. For a second time, following another Bryn Kenney interview (this time with Joey Ingram) Negreanu gave a pass to Kenney and even praised his interview. Most were full of contempt for Kenney yet again giving evasive answers regarding the cheating allegations against him.

Reading between the lines. I felt Negreanu could not wait to dump on Schindler and Imsirovic as a) it looks like something is being done about cheating (even though other parties had already acted) and b) it distracts from Kenney but more importantly GG Poker. Negreanu obviously became the main pitch guy for GG and has been at pains to cover for the fact the Kenney and GG blatantly colluded in a shady manner for an extended period. Perhaps I will be proven wrong and some sort of suspension will be 'officially' made against Kenney at some point (it is believed both the EPT and Triton have unofficially barred him for now). However, for what it's worth, I twice contacted, over a few months, two parties regarding the Kenney and GG scandal for some answers. I made clear points about undeniable illegal activities and asked for an explanation. Not in a confrontational manner but rather 'did this or did this not take place and if so was that not illegal?'

Whereas contact I had initiated previously received a reply, both these times I was ignored. This did not necessarily surprise me but did disappoint as the facts are public. It indicated to me, rightly or wrongly, that such decisions are going to be selective and political. Imsirovic and Schindler were known cheaters and had previous run ins with both sites and players. I'll have more faith in the Poker Integrity Council if they out players in the future but I'll maintain they will keep such matters low profile. As it is, my feeling was Imsirovic and Schindler have been temporary (but deserved) sacrificial lambs.

We'll see.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Although there is no record, the proverb says “when the river sounds, it is because it brings water”.
If PokerGo saw strange things, they should know why they suspended such important players.
It is very healthy that there is control over these supposed traps, especially for many players who invest reliably in online gambling.
It's not good advertising for reputable online poker sites to have cheating players on their sites, since they lose a lot of money doing so.
Cheers;););)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Although there is no record, the proverb says “when the river sounds, it is because it brings water”.
If PokerGo saw strange things, they should know why they suspended such important players.
It is very healthy that there is control over these supposed traps, especially for many players who invest reliably in online gambling.
It's not good advertising for reputable online poker sites to have cheating players on their sites, since they lose a lot of money doing so.
Cheers;););)
It has nothing to do with what PokerGo saw...they are not an online entity.

The offenses were committed on line at GG Poker and the pair of them outed by other players after the fact as GG Poker do not detail who they had suspended or barred from the site.

This has been rumbling for over a year yet now parties want credit for acting.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If they cheated , they should be punished , they should be banned from all live or online events and games , so this decision must be good . provided it has been proved without any doubt of course that they are cheaters , I do not know many details for this scandal . Cheaters most of the time get away without any punishment , online or live , that's not good for the integrity of the game

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It has nothing to do with what PokerGo saw... they are not an online entity.

The offenses were committed online at GG Poker and both were discovered by other players after the fact, as GG Poker does not detail who had been suspended or banned from the site.

This has been rumbling for more than a year, but now the parties want credit for acting.
Hello friend.
Thank you for the explanation.
I thought it was a multisite event and those who were cheating had been caught.
I didn't know that the matter had been in GG.
Well, it's definitely not good that there are people cheating in poker, but it would be very good to clarify the facts with reliable evidence.
Cheers;););)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank you for the informative post. It's really sad to see this, but where money is involved, things like this will happen.
Be well

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do hope more comesout on this decision. I wonder what they saw to make them finally do something. We shall see.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched a tournament with Eric Seidel, Nick Shulman and Jeremy Asmus at Poker Go the other day. Apparently, the evidence in the fraud of Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler appeared quite recently. None of them are at the tables anymore.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
probably have more cheaters to be caught, a shame for the poker community

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I watched a tournament with Eric Seidel, Nick Shulman and Jeremy Asmus at Poker Go the other day. Apparently, the evidence in the fraud of Ali Imsirovic and Jake Schindler appeared quite recently. None of them are at the tables anymore.
This specific scandal dates back to October 2020, in terms of when GG Poker took action against 80 players (40 odd banned and 40 suspended) without anyone named (there are legal issues regarding privacy that dissuade sites from doing so).

Other players quickly worked out via sharkscope that Imsirovic and Schindler had stopped playing on the site and as they had both a reputation and had been suspended before rumors were rife about the pair and a few others.

However, many pros were sick and tired they could play elsewhere with impunity and they started a campaign (end of 2021) of demanding action. Then, there were the allegations levelled against Bryn Kenney several months ago, which blew everything up even further.

As I noted above, the European Tour has already banned the players back in April and it appears Triton Series did likewise. Finally. PokerGo acted this week.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
somehow they were treated harshly, there is no proof that they are scammers, but they took the title, it’s a shame for them, probably

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This specific scandal dates back to October 2020, in terms of when GG Poker took action against 80 players (40 odd banned and 40 suspended) without anyone named (there are legal issues regarding privacy that dissuade sites from doing so).

Other players quickly worked out via Sharkscope that Imsirovic and Schindler had stopped playing on the site and as they had both a reputation and had been suspended before rumors were rife about the pair and a few others.

However, many pros were sick and tired they could play elsewhere with impunity and they started a campaign (end of 2021) of demanding action. Then, there were the allegations levelled against Bryn Kenney several months ago, which blew everything up even further.

As I noted above, the European Tour has already banned the players back in April and it appears Triton Series did likewise. Finally. PokerGo acted this week.
Thanks for the information. I will know some things that I did not see in the article earlier.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately, cheating has acquired a large scale not only in online poker, but in all types of online games and even, smart and cultured chess grandmasters, are not averse to cheating in chess, and chess players from the top 30․ it's just incredible

and it's easier to cheat in online poker than anywhere else, here's the scheme of cheating

Players notify each other online about the strength of their hands and confirm the game plan,
The first player with an open raise "scares away" other players who are, as they say, "out of business",
The second player will reset this open raise (for example, 3bet push),
The first player throws out, and the second wins a significant share of the stack.
As a result, a group of players in total wins more money at a distance than one player by himself.

by the way, the poker room somehow returned about $ 45-50 to me, and the letter said that do not ask who, where and when deceived you, we will not answer these questions
I was playing in the spin format then, but not in poker stars, and apparently I got several times to the guys who were from the same country and kept in touch with each other, I think so

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad news, if it's true, a black spot for both, who am I to judge or discuss the truth of the facts, they say where the smoke has fire, and the PGT taking this attitude.
in order for this to be sad news for you, you must be a high-stack player, do not be sad if a cheater deceives you or me, it's just a couple of dollars that you will lose, but at low and micro limits, there is a very small chance to meet a cheater

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna screw things up for everybody.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sad news. I hope there will be more comments on this decision. I wonder what they saw to make them do something!

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've just watched this crazy hand - J4o, min raising turn and calls for 100k+ with only jack high, no draws,