FTP Players to be Paid Based on BF Account Balances. Claims to Begin September 16th

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I've checked like 3 times this morning already.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe and my sister never received emails - I guess the DOJ thinks they are more entitled to that money than the people it should go to. It especially pisses me off in the case of my sister - she didn't win that money - it was what I transferred to her and I deposited plenty of money at FT. It should go back to her so she can give it back to me.

For Joe - it was all free money but is was a decent amount and he deserves it more than the DOJ does lol.

At least I will get mine.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe and my sister never received emails - I guess the DOJ thinks they are more entitled to that money than the people it should go to. It especially pisses me off in the case of my sister - she didn't win that money - it was what I transferred to her and I deposited plenty of money at FT. It should go back to her so she can give it back to me.

For Joe - it was all free money but is was a decent amount and he deserves it more than the DOJ does lol.

At least I will get mine.
There are many people who received the email that never deposited. Are you sure the email address that FTP has listed is the one they are still using? Have you checked their junk folders?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi, I wouldn't give up on it yet. You don't need the email to petition for reimbursement. Anyone can file a claim and provide proof of their balance -- presumably the FTP account history will work. It wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

I also see they're late to get the petition online today. Reading their latest update, they're still trying to get emails out. It looks like they're emailing two groups: the first group was those of us identified as players with balances regardless of whether we registered for notification, and then those that registered to be notified when remission starts that weren't in the first batch. I'm guessing their email blast got backlogged and delayed release of the petition.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I haven't really heard of anyone else with the exception of people who didn't get it the first day. The website still isn't up for checking, I wonder if they are still sending out emails.

Kind of surprises me that it is taking so long to send these emails out. Anymore the scripts/programs for mass emailing are much more efficient than taking 2 full days to send out a couple million emails.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kind of surprises me that it is taking so long to send these emails out. Anymore the scripts/programs for mass emailing are much more efficient than taking 2 full days to send out a couple million emails.
A couple of potential reasons come to mind. First they might have a throttle on their SMTP server, so they need to send these out in multiple batches or small bursts. Second, the original email isn't a static one, it contains unique credentials for each user that have to be generated and associated with each account then inserted into the email text. Nothing a big database mail merge shouldn't be able to handle, but depending on how they set it up and what kind of load their systems (or subcontracted IT services) can handle, plus dealing with any issues that have cropped up since they started, that could explain their delays.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of potential reasons come to mind. First they might have a throttle on their SMTP server, so they need to send these out in multiple batches or small bursts. Second, the original email isn't a static one, it contains unique credentials for each user that have to be generated and associated with each account then inserted into the email text. Nothing a big database mail merge shouldn't be able to handle, but depending on how they set it up and what kind of load their systems (or subcontracted IT services) can handle, plus dealing with any issues that have cropped up since they started, that could explain their delays.

Must be throttled or something. GCG is a pretty big firm for huge class action lawsuits, I've dealt with them about 4 times before with products that I've purchased or used and I know they have dealt with big userbases in those cases(once for a bad hinge on my Toshiba Satellite, scratches on my iPod nano, over charges for Fifth Third Bank customers, and something else, all of which would have amounted to a lot of people in each case).

In any case, I don't really care, just happy I'm getting my money back(knock on wood)

G

gatewatcher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an email from yesterday , might be of help ?
Important Update Regarding the Start of the Remission Process

You are receiving this email because you registered with the Full Tilt Claims Administration website at www.FullTiltPokerClaims.com. The purpose of this email is to let you know that the remission process has begun.

Starting on September 16, 2013, Notices containing instructions for filing claims online through the case website were emailed to all potentially eligible victims of full tilt poker’s (“FTP”) fraud who have been identified by The Garden City Group, Inc. (“GCG”) utilizing data supplied by FTP.

If you received an email with a Notice containing a Petition Number and a Control Number, be sure to use those numbers to login to the Petition filing website at www.FullTiltPokerClaims.com. Only by using your Petition and Control Numbers will you be able to view your FTP Account Balance. After reviewing your FTP Account Balance, you will be able to confirm or dispute it, pursuant to the directions provided on the Petition filing site. Petitioners who confirm their FTP Account Balances online do not need to provide any documentation to support their Petition.

If you did not receive an email with a Notice and you believe you are eligible to participate in the Petition process, you may file a new Petition, following the directions on the administration website. When filing a new Petition, your FTP Account Balance will not be displayed on the website; you will need to provide the amount of your FTP Account Balance through the Petition filing site, and you will need to submit documentation to substantiate your claimed FTP Account Balance.

THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PETITION FOR REMISSION IS NOVEMBER 16, 2013 (THE “BAR DATE”). IF YOU FAIL TO SUBMIT A TIMELY AND COMPLETE PETITION FOR REMISSION, YOU WILL BE BARRED FROM RECEIVING A PAYMENT FROM THE ASSETS FORFEITED BY FULL TILT POKER (THE “FTP FUND”).

Eligibility Criteria

To qualify for a payment from the FTP Fund, you must satisfy certain eligibility criteria described below. Those criteria include the following:

1. You must be a U.S. citizen or you must have resided in the United States at the time of playing on the FTP gaming site.

2. You did not receive compensation as a foreign FTP player in connection with the pokerstars Settlement.

3. You must have deposited funds into an account with FTP.

4. Your account with FTP must reflect a balance owed by FTP to you as of April 15, 2011.

5. You are excluded from participation in the remission process if you are:

• A past or present employee of FTP or any of its past or present affiliates;
  • A past or present vendor of FTP that received compensation through FTP players’ accounts;
  • A past or present Team Full Tilt player;
  • A past or present shareholder of FTP, Tiltware LLC, Kolyma Corporation A.V.V., Pocket Kings Ltd., Pocket Kings Consulting Ltd., Filco Ltd., Vantage Ltd., Ranston Ltd., Mail Media Ltd., or Full Tilt Poker Ltd.;
  • A past or present officer or director of FTP, Tiltware LLC, Kolyma Corporation A.V.V., Pocket Kings Ltd., Pocket Kings Consulting Ltd., Filco Ltd., Vantage Ltd., Ranston Ltd., Mail Media Ltd., or Full Tilt Poker Ltd., or any of their past or present affiliates;
  • A defendant in any civil action or a claimant in any forfeiture action brought by the Department of Justice related to the violations alleged in this action, or any related action (or any of his or her affiliates, assigns, heirs, distributees, spouses, parents, children, or controlled entities); or
  • A person who, as of the Bar Date, has been the subject of criminal charges related to the violations alleged in this action, or any related action (or any of his or her affiliates, assigns, heirs, distributees, spouses, parents, children, or controlled entities).
Please be advised that receipt of this email does not indicate that you have been determined to be eligible to participate in the FTP Petition for Remission process; if the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section of the United States Department of Justice determines at any time, before or after you submit a Petition, that you are not eligible for remission, your Petition will be denied.

GCG was retained as the Claims Administrator by the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York to process Petitions for Remission submitted by United States Full Tilt fraud victims.

If you have any questions, you can contact us by calling toll-free at: (866) 250-2640, email us at: info@FullTiltPokerClaims.com, or write to us at: Full Tilt Poker Claims Administration, c/o GCG, P.O. Box 9965, Dublin, Ohio 43017-5965.

For more information please visit the administration website at www.FullTiltPokerClaims.com.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today is the day we should be able to file the petitions, but when i go to the website, there is no way bring up a filing form. Has any1 else been able to figure it out? I did get the email with the required numbers

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today is the day we should be able to file the petitions, but when i go to the website, there is no way bring up a filing form. Has any1 else been able to figure it out? I did get the email with the required numbers
Discussed above. They've not added the petition link yet, looks like they're still churning through emails.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discussed above. They've not added the petition link yet, looks like they're still churning through emails.
Can you really think of any reason they can't open the link AND still send out emails???

Shempstir

Shempstir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who would the email be from Full Tilt or GCG ?
What was the subject title ?
I started get a lot of junk emails in the last two days.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Subject is Full Tilt Claims Administration Notice
It's from FullTiltCl​aimsAdminis​tration@tgc​ginc.com

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you really think of any reason they can't open the link AND still send out emails???
No technical reason, outside of maybe their email server and web server are the same machine and it's a load management or priority thing. I can only imagine the surge their server(s) are going to take when they open the thing up -- people are chomping at the bit LDO.

More likely, it's bandwidth issue -- not network bandwidth, but people bandwidth. Probably the same college intern doing one and then the other.

Or maybe they ran into last minute bugs with the petition that they're having to fix.

Who the heck knows...

Shempstir

Shempstir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is some more information:
Update Regarding Notification and Commencement of Online Filing Process

On September 16 and September 17, GCG is sending Notices to all potentially eligible Petitioners GCG identified utilizing data supplied by Full Tilt Poker ("FTP"). GCG is in the process of attempting to re-send any Notices that "bounced back" because of an invalid email address or for any other reason.
If you received an email Notice, please be sure to use the logon credentials provided in the Notice when you begin the Petition process. If you did not receive an email Notice and you believe you are eligible to participate in the remission process, please allow 2-3 additional days, as GCG attempts to resend emails, and then you may file a new Petition for Remission.
Also, on September 17, 2013, GCG is sending emails to all players who registered on this website and who were not identified as potentially eligible Petitioners. Such registrants did not receive a Notice with logon credentials. The email provided other important information about the remission process.
On September 18, 2013, potentially eligible Petitioners will be able to submit a Petition for Remission through this website.
The deadline to submit a Petition for Remission is November 16, 2013.

This was from GCG home page.

Last edited:
LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt Claims Administration Notice

This was the email header

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OOps, just noticed something bad (for me). the email that contains the necessary petition numbers is addressed to my husband, not me. He has a matter of pennies on the site, I have $400,

I have no way to document my balance. anyone know of a way to do that at this late date? It says if I do not get a notice with the numbers, I must provide documentation of my balance. Am I totally screwed?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who would the email be from Full Tilt or GCG ?
What was the subject title ?
I started get a lot of junk emails in the last two days.
The Email will come from GCG.
Subject will be Full Tilt Claims Administration Notice

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:)
This was posted on Cardschat's FB page. It's good stuff, finally found my exact acct balance.

To get your Full Tilt Poker balance, you'll have to download your account history. I just downloaded mine. Here's how to do it:

• Go to FullTiltPoker.com and download the client.
• Open the client and log in. Your old login credentials should still work.
• Go to "Requests" in the menu bar and select "Account History...(Web)." A web page will open, where you can create a request for your history.
• Select the date range for your request. I chose an end date a couple of weeks after Black Friday (choose something like 5/1/2011) and a start date a few months prior. Once done, click "submit."
• You'll receive an email when the file is ready for download. Mine took just a few minutes.
• Click the link in the email, download the ZIP file from the web page that opens, and simply open the Excel-compatible spreadsheet.

• For your FTP point balance, open the cashier in the client. While our cash balances are not there, our point balances are.

OOps, just noticed something bad (for me). the email that contains the necessary petition numbers is addressed to my husband, not me. He has a matter of pennies on the site, I have $400,

I have no way to document my balance. anyone know of a way to do that at this late date? It says if I do not get a notice with the numbers, I must provide documentation of my balance. Am I totally screwed?

Dalsue214

Dalsue214

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the petition up yet. Anyone else?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The File a Petition Link is now active!

Edit: It doesn't work (says I'm entering the wrong numbers)! But the link is there

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, but when I put my info in it says my Petition number is not valid...