Drug dealer learns poker in jail, wins WPT event

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha cool post! like someone said, time well spent, hahahahah that dude really took the right choice in prison xD

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great post-having spent some time in jail some 30 years ago-ive experianced the boredom jail offers,cards and chess are 2 of the biggest ways to kill time-glad to see someone turn there life round it isnt easy to do-jail is a tough place to learn fer sure-since they dont gamble for nothing in jail il bet it was costly learning unless his celly taught him

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AWESOME NEWS. Now I know that if I ever go to jail, I will use my poker skills to coach my fellow mates to take that ramen noodle bet off the table.

But seriously, I think its amazing to make change even after being put in the worse place possible. He could have just did time and gotten out and possible do something normal with life or go back to the old ways,but instead chose to give his life a 2nd chance at redemption.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopeful stories are awesome to hear.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This news seems to be inspiring, but I hope poker won't be his source of another addiction. But I am happy with changes atleast he divert is attention to something else.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think,this is great,now i hope ,this man,change life,and start new :) in jail its not good...

I agree. It would be really disappointing if in a few months from now there was a follow up article about how he ended up back in jail. Hopefully as long as he keeps winning, we won't have to do anything criminal.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/w...r-learns-poker-in-jail,-wins-WPT-event_95606/

This is actually a cool article. I guess, in a way, poker saved his life. Pretty interesting.

What do you guys think?

I'm glad he is winning at poker, because truthfully ONLY a small percentage of poker players are.

I would like to see some repentance on his part by admitting that being a crack dealer is wrong & trying to help people overcome addiction since he was literally responsible for trying to get as many people addicted to crack as possible.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad he is winning at poker, because truthfully ONLY a small percentage of poker players are.

I would like to see some repentance on his part by admitting that being a crack dealer is wrong & trying to help people overcome addiction since he was literally responsible for trying to get as many people addicted to crack as possible.

I agree. Maybe he'll go to some local schools in his area and talk with kids/teenagers.

fred_antunes

fred_antunes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The sport of the mind saving lives !!!

G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, good for him. Drugs always helped me play better....but ****ed me in the end. won a lot then lost most of it. Im recovering, doing much better now, much happier now, but felt like shit for a long time....Just say no is what works for me, sounds lame but is what ive learned. Doing drugs just gets you in debt to your dopamine system and eventually will have to paid back with a long period of depression before your normal again.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, good for him. Drugs always helped me play better....but ****ed me in the end. won a lot then lost most of it. Im recovering, doing much better now, much happier now, but felt like shit for a long time....Just say no is what works for me, sounds lame but is what ive learned. Doing drugs just gets you in debt to your dopamine system and eventually will have to paid back with a long period of depression before your normal again.

Wow. Well, I'm glad everything seems to have worked out for you in the end. And yeah, "just say no" may sound lame, but as long as it works for you, that's all that matters.

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this is why i love game here we meet everybody i meen everybody rich poor black white young old everybody is welcome.I love this game :)

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is greate that someone there spent time to learn something useful for him or comunity,not to unlock doors,robbed banks or similar things like most of prisoners learning there

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the favorite person of the universe :))

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a great story. i would hope after years and years of working on his game and dedication to the game that he has continued success.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
As long as he doesnt goes back to drug business he will be ok, but drugs are an addiction hard to cure even the trafficking side of it, is easy money for those who dont care much about values. :deal:

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a great story. Spent a bit of time inside myself and poker was a big deal. Wish I had played then and took advantage of the time and little distraction to learn my game then. Well done, keep on going!!

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty cool story , I had not heard about this guy . He put his time to good use and is now reaping the benefits of his hard work !

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a pretty good way to spend your time in the cell. It would definitely keep your mind busy trying to memorize all the odds in your head.