Daniel Colman goes off on Phil Hellmuth

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like Phil Helmute!I do not like people who need to say"i m the best"and everyone else is an idiot.
I respect Colman and his decision to not promote poker,but i dont understand what is behind his attacks on Helmut.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There, you are talking about people losing billions (many of them their life savings). While fair to acknowledge that, it's not an apples to apples comparison. Not to excuse his association because he should have taken a stance when everything was exposed, but there are others who are way more deserving of the blame.

well why is it not fair to compare? at least the GFC was to a large degree unpreventable and not the result of clear negligence/poor practices by 1 party

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's a little unfair to single out Hellmuth - especially given all the pros who have filed for bankruptcy or engaged in straight up fraud and cheating - i mean look at how full tilt was a personal bank account to the people that set it up and how absolute cheated

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pretty clear that Hellmuth is one of poker's great personalities. Sure, his affiliation with UB is questionable, but who here is perfect. I think calling him a 'whore' and a 'charlatan' is over the top.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This thread is over a year old. :p

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people have. Remember, Black Friday was over three years ago now and I'm certain Hellmuth took his share of the heat. But the poker landscape has changed and think about this.

The WSOP continues to grow.
There are smaller-scale tours for those who can't afford to play the WSOP (ie: HPT).
The move for legalized online poker in the US continues to pick up steam (notwithstanding Ultimate's leaving the Nevada market).

It's not like there's a poker boom, but I think things are looking up for the future.

My hometown in the tiny state of Espírito Santo, in brazil, where people doesn't know shit about poker, just announced a 22.2K US$ guaranteed live tour (VPT - Vitoria Poker Tour) sponsored by 888. Poker is growing outside the US.

themrsmith

themrsmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone saying "who is dan colman?????". he jumped past phil helmuth (and many other poker legends) on the all time money list current rank and he's like 24. Every table Phil is at he's belligerently starting arguments just so people can hear him speak and has no problem telling players to their face that they are "idiots" or insulting them. Phil may be a great player but his attitude and demeanor are that of a child. I love that Dan called him out for trying to steal his fire and act like he's the face of poker.